watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Out of curiosity

Started by perry geyton, November 08, 2022, 03:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Wondering who on here is buying into this World Cup ?

Personally I find it to be revolting

Lighthouse

I wondered if in the end I would still watch the games however disgusting and hypocritical the whole thing is. Players kneeling at the start of matches that helped them qualify to go to a place that flogs minorities and made workers in stadiums push themselves until they died.

But the nearer the World Cup has come the more I am now sure that if England played Germany in the Final I would still not care. I would still find the whole thing disgusting. We have always been aware how corrupt our game is especially at World Cup level. However this was the literally the final straw.

I have always been interested in how Fulham players play for their Country. But not this time. Hope they come back uninjured. However the World Cup is just taking away from my enjoyment of the League. A perfect example of everything that is wrong with the World. Greed, persecution while we still go along with it all.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamfever

Not too much tbh I am not bothered on or not going to go out my way to watch it with gusto

What makes me laugh beyond belief is how hypocritical the BBC are.

BBC: Qatar Human Rights it's wrong it's bad curse you
Also BBC: Showing the World Cup LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE

Whitesideup

Probably the reverse of Lighthouse. Like him, thoroughly dismayed that it went ahead in Qatar, but I guess I'll be watching the games. I'm also wondering if the climate is still going to be too warm for energetic, passionate football, or whether the games will be low-tempo, possession based, technically ok yet a bit on the dull side.

On the other hand, I will probably have a few outings to a local non-league team (yet to decide which one) which will be a bit different. 

fulhamfever

Quote from: Whitesideup on November 08, 2022, 03:37:40 PM
Probably the reverse of Lighthouse. Like him, thoroughly dismayed that it went ahead in Qatar, but I guess I'll be watching the games. I'm also wondering if the climate is still going to be too warm for energetic, passionate football, or whether the games will be low-tempo, possession based, technically ok yet a bit on the dull side.

On the other hand, I will probably have a few outings to a local non-league team (yet to decide which one) which will be a bit different. 

League 1 and League 2 still playing so will go to some games

HamsterWheel

Fulham will play West Ham in a friendly on Saturday December 17. 1pm kick off.
One to take the kids to

AGE   PRICE
Adults   £20
Over-65s   £10
18-21 years   £10
Under-18s   £1

filham

Guess I will watch the England games, but I will not put them in front of other social events.
Really though after today's news I would be proud if the England team were to boycott the event.

S.F.Sorrow

It's disgusting and I won't watch a single game. Football is more or less ruined by corruption and greed. The Premier League isn't much better to be honest. I almost gave up on football when I read about our Titan partnership but thankfully the club seems to have done the right thing. It wasn't quite as bad as having an authoritarian regime as owners but still very disappointing.

fulhamfever

Oakeshott

"I would be proud if the England team were to boycott the event."

So would I, but can anyone see the FA or the players collectively having the balls to do it?

Still time for the major countries to withdraw, but as in so much else money trumps (usually not very firmly held) beliefs.

Watch it? No way.

MayoDomo

When I do watch it will be illegally such to not profit the coorperations involved.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

TC's Sporran

Quote from: perry geyton on November 08, 2022, 03:18:37 PM

are you damaged in the mind?

perry geyton

Quote from: TC's Sporran on November 08, 2022, 07:55:50 PM

For disapproving of a WC organized by FIFA at Xmas in Qater ?
You tell me

keithh

Not watching the world cup but I'll be watching Billericay climb their league.

bobbo

Quote from: Lighthouse on November 08, 2022, 03:29:24 PM
I wondered if in the end I would still watch the games however disgusting and hypocritical the whole thing is. Players kneeling at the start of matches that helped them qualify to go to a place that flogs minorities and made workers in stadiums push themselves until they died.

But the nearer the World Cup has come the more I am now sure that if England played Germany in the Final I would still not care. I would still find the whole thing disgusting. We have always been aware how corrupt our game is especially at World Cup level. However this was the literally the final straw.

I have always been interested in how Fulham players play for their Country. But not this time. Hope they come back uninjured. However the World Cup is just taking away from my enjoyment of the League. A perfect example of everything that is wrong with the World. Greed, persecution while we still go along with it all.
agree but I'll still watch I suppose . Even that creature blatter is now admitting it's wrong it's in Qatar.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

bobbo

Quote from: fulhamfever on November 08, 2022, 03:43:49 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on November 08, 2022, 03:37:40 PM

League 1 and League 2 still playing so will go to some games
Me too Wycombe not very far from me .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Tempest

Wouldn't matter where the WC was really, completely lost interest in this England side, potential is there to have a great tournament but finding England GE's tedious to watch, so I won't, might watch Brazil's games though

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

gang

Rather an offensive question but why have you asked it?

Twig

Guys in case anyone hadn't realised, this is a rather witty parody of the Qatari football ambassador's explanation of homosexuality. TC's Sporran was not being rude or offensive to anyone on here.

Pluto

It's insane it's got this far. Surely the most obvious case of corruption in sports history? Yet here we are in 2022 and it's still going ahead.

I'll probably still watch a few games, but I don't really care how England do and part of me hopes we don't win as victory would feel hollow and I wouldn't be comfortable celebrating. For me, this isn't a proper World Cup in any sense (the fact it's in winter in the middle of season is bad enough).

To be honest, I wish it wasn't happening as it's put a dampener on what's been a great season of football so far.