watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who do we want home first ?

Started by Riversider, November 15, 2022, 01:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

It seems fairly likely that either Wales or the USA will be knocked out after the group stage,
So who would Fulham Football Club prefer to have home first, Ream and Robinson or Wilson and James ?

alfie

Quote from: Riversider on November 15, 2022, 01:59:42 PM
It seems fairly likely that either Wales or the USA will be knocked out after the group stage,
So who would Fulham Football Club prefer to have home first, Ream and Robinson or Wilson and James ?
Ream and Robinson
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

JimOG

Quote from: alfie on November 15, 2022, 02:35:00 PM
Ream and Robinson

....and Mitro....quite possible

Southcoastffc

Ream and Robinson home first please.  Wilson could do with upping fitness and some 'pre-half season' sharpening and Dan James could do with some confidence-building games.    (As to Mitro, Serbia seem to me to have a very fair chance of progressing in a group with Brazil, Switzerland and Cameroon)
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

alfie

Quote from: JimOG on November 15, 2022, 02:53:17 PM
Ream and Robinson

....and Mitro....quite possible
But he doesn't play for Wales or USA.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Ream and Robinson
all day long.

Chi_FFC

Of the 4 players on those two sides Robinson is the most important as he's the one we lack adequate cover for. 

Somerset Fulham

Although I do get the sentiment of this thread, I hope that as many of them go as far as they can in the tournament.

It's the pinnacles of their careers.

filham

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on November 15, 2022, 09:14:30 PM
Although I do get the sentiment of this thread, I hope that as many of them go as far as they can in the tournament.

Yes, of course you are right it seems selfish of us to wish any of our players a quick exit from the world cup .

However I am worried that come boxing day we could find Mitro and Palhina totally exhausted and carrying injuries after playing in a final, with extra time in extreme heat.

Vuk1

Quote from: filham on November 15, 2022, 10:04:54 PM

Yes, of course you are right it seems selfish of us to wish any of our players a quick exit from the world cup .

However I am worried that come boxing day we could find Mitro and Palhina totally exhausted and carrying injuries after playing in a final, with extra time in extreme heat.

Portugal and Serbia highly likely to play immediately in round of 16 (should Serbia make 2nd spot) so i suspect that one of them isnt staying too much longer after the group stage.

SP

Just looking at the Portugal team for their friendly tonight, they've got a decent squad, I can see them doing well.  Our guys are on the bench tonight but I hope they get some game time during the tournament.

perry geyton

Jao cos he's a crunching tackling type of player, def don't need him getting a problem

Tabby

Palhinha likely isn't going to be a starter so I am not concerned about him.

Beamer

It will be interesting to see if Mitro plays in the Serbia friendly tonight.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Beamer on November 18, 2022, 07:00:05 AM
It will be interesting to see if Mitro plays in the Serbia friendly tonight.
He won't. Our head coach said him, Kostic and Lukic will all be rested as there is no need to risk anything in an unimportant friendly match.

Jim©

I think the psychological benefits of our players being involved in a decent run will far outweigh the physical stress that playing 5 or 6 games in a 5 week period will do. I'd like them all to get through and do well personally and as a team- it'll help us way more than them all going out in round 1 after getting dicked 5-0 in every game.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Jim© on November 18, 2022, 09:28:39 AM
I think the psychological benefits of our players being involved in a decent run will far outweigh the physical stress that playing 5 or 6 games in a 5 week period will do. I'd like them all to get through and do well personally and as a team- it'll help us way more than them all going out in round 1 after getting dicked 5-0 in every game.

Agree with this. We will benefit overall from all our players being succesful at the World Cup.

Woolly Mammoth

The voice of reason with wise words.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

This could be their only World Cup for some of them- feels churlish not to wish them well and hope they get success with their countries.

Obviously hope they don't get injured, though success could also give them more confidence and self - belief, as said.

The Rational Fan

If Mitrovic can win the World Cup, then we might be able to sell him for £90m, which would be great as we can bring in several players.