Main Menu

England v USA

Started by cookieg, November 25, 2022, 07:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Is Mason Mount his lovechild?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DadCreature

3 matches and England still hasn't beaten the USA (thank you Rob Green).  1 loss and 2 draws.

ChesterTheTabby

USA aren't a poor team anymore, folks (not on this board mind you) seem to forget that. That said, how was Foden not on the pitch? England looked second best the whole game.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MisfitKid

And if the US (yay) had an actual striker worth an "S"...   079.gif
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Blawarmy

Southgate has to be the worst tactical manager in the tournament. 

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Pluto

Southgate would struggle to keep a job in the championship. Absolutely clueless.

Thailand Mick

Well done to our boys Tim Ream and Antonee Robinson, sounds like they played very well and deserved at least the draw. Let's hope they can beat Iran and qualify for the knock out which I believe would be Tim Reams 50th cap.

Texas White

It's really hard to not cheer on Ream and Robinson.. England just awful

hovewhite

Brilliant performances by ream and Jedi in an all round display,England after the lord mayes show against Iran back to normal.if the state's had a finisher they would have a real chance of the world cup.

RaySmith

Quote from: hovewhite on November 26, 2022, 06:47:25 AM
Brilliant performances by ream and Jedi in an all round display,England after the lord mayes show against Iran back to normal.if the state's had a finisher they would have a real chance of the world cup.

England were lucky the US didn't have a finisher!

davew

Funny how the mood on here has changed after last nights result and performance, shame I decided to watch most of the game this morning not knowing the result. Well done Ream and Robinson!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

One Martin Thomas

Sadly  Southgate is a nice guy - loser !! He's never won anything (player or mgr) and he never will ! His faith in Mount is questionable when he has three better attacking midfielders in the squad !! If you specifically look out for Mount he barely touches the ball !! Rubbish 😢

One Martin Thomas

Mount is like Lampard: he'll get the spectacular goals but in open play on the World stage he's not got it

Southcoastffc

I watched the game because Ream and Robinson were playing. It reminded me why I don't usually watch England.  Dull,dull, dull 😴
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Tim Ream is unrecogniseable  since Marco arrived. He was superb last night with Jedi also looking good.  :54:

092.gif   

alfie

As much as anyone on here I don't like the sideways and backward passing, but if you are a centre back with the ball and there is no forward pass on because the midfield and forwards not creating space and you have the press coming at you, what are you going to do

1. Pass back to keeper - retain possession and start again
2. Pass sideways - see 1 above.
3. Lump it up field in the hope in lands favourably- probably lose possession.

What would YOU do ?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: bog on November 26, 2022, 08:31:42 AM
Tim Ream is unrecogniseable  since Marco arrived. He was superb last night with Jedi also looking good.  :54:

092.gif   

Amazing 🤩 both of them !! Jedi looks on fire 🔥!! He's turning into the fullback we all thought he could be 🤩

filham

Well, I ended up wanting Ream, Robinson and the USA to win, they so deserved it on the night.

demeant0r

Quote from: alfie on November 26, 2022, 09:30:14 AM
As much as anyone on here I don't like the sideways and backward passing, but if you are a centre back with the ball and there is no forward pass on because the midfield and forwards not creating space and you have the press coming at you, what are you going to do

1. Pass back to keeper - retain possession and start again
2. Pass sideways - see 1 above.
3. Lump it up field in the hope in lands favourably- probably lose possession.

What would YOU do ?

Do what Tim Ream does and run and dribble at players

ffcne

Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:23:17 AM
Well, I ended up wanting Ream, Robinson and the USA to win, they so deserved it on the night.

Same here .Especially with the taking of the knee as well.
Stuart Pearce very complimentary of Robinson best player on the pitch
along with Pulisic