https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

England v USA

Started by cookieg, November 25, 2022, 07:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demeant0r

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 26, 2022, 09:31:21 AM
Quote from: bog on November 26, 2022, 08:31:42 AM
Tim Ream is unrecogniseable  since Marco arrived. He was superb last night with Jedi also looking good.  :54:

092.gif   

Amazing 🤩 both of them !! Jedi looks on fire 🔥!! He's turning into the fullback we all thought he could be 🤩
Pundits and football YouTubers are saying Jedi should move to a bigger club but let's not forget he decided to stay when we were last relegated

alfie

Quote from: demeant0r on November 26, 2022, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: alfie on November 26, 2022, 09:30:14 AM
As much as anyone on here I don't like the sideways and backward passing, but if you are a centre back with the ball and there is no forward pass on because the midfield and forwards not creating space and you have the press coming at you, what are you going to do

1. Pass back to keeper - retain possession and start again
2. Pass sideways - see 1 above.
3. Lump it up field in the hope in lands favourably- probably lose possession.

What would YOU do ?

Do what Tim Ream does and run and dribble at players
Maybe, but can you imagine the slating McGuire would get if he done that and lost the ball.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: alfie on November 26, 2022, 10:40:30 AM
Quote from: demeant0r on November 26, 2022, 10:36:17 AM
Quote from: alfie on November 26, 2022, 09:30:14 AM
As much as anyone on here I don't like the sideways and backward passing, but if you are a centre back with the ball and there is no forward pass on because the midfield and forwards not creating space and you have the press coming at you, what are you going to do

1. Pass back to keeper - retain possession and start again
2. Pass sideways - see 1 above.
3. Lump it up field in the hope in lands favourably- probably lose possession.

What would YOU do ?

Do what Tim Ream does and run and dribble at players
Maybe, but can you imagine the slating McGuire would get if he done that and lost the ball.

The passes forward were on at times.
Being careful is fine, keeping the ball and moving the opposition around is good but we over do it.

A positive pass forward to feet draws a foul, makes defenders commit and creates space etc and doesn't have to be risky.

The control of modern players (even English) is so good now you can pass forward to feet and it starts the creative process.
Last night they were either under strict instructions or too scared to play in a positive manner so may as well give up on us now as we will flatter to devise in another game or two and fail against a team we should be beating like we did when it gets to the crunch games such as Croatia & Italy.

ffcne

Southgate scared to change from 4 3 3 to his usual 5 3 2 as he knew what
the reaction would be from media and fans
So instead sticks to the formation for Iran.
But puts the brakes on the team.
Showed up Declan Rice for me .Run ragged .
Proved Trippier only likes going forward and when restricted not a good defender.
Saka not able to play his game when gets pushed back.
Saka was a anonymous at the Emirates

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 26, 2022, 08:24:32 AM
I watched the game because Ream and Robinson were playing. It reminded me why I don't usually watch England.  Dull,dull, dull 😴
Me too
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Colton F.C.

It all went wrong when Walter Winterbottom dropped Stanley Matthews................

Jamie88

Quote from: demeant0r on November 26, 2022, 10:38:36 AM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on November 26, 2022, 09:31:21 AM
Quote from: bog on November 26, 2022, 08:31:42 AM
Tim Ream is unrecogniseable  since Marco arrived. He was superb last night with Jedi also looking good.  :54:

092.gif   

Amazing 🤩 both of them !! Jedi looks on fire 🔥!! He's turning into the fullback we all thought he could be 🤩
Pundits and football YouTubers are saying Jedi should move to a bigger club but let's not forget he decided to stay when we were last relegated

Nowhere near the same player he was back then though. His performances have been fantastic so far this season which you couldn't say was the case two years ago

YankeeJim

Quote from: Holders on November 25, 2022, 11:01:53 PM
Is Mason Mount his lovechild?

Guardiola starts Mount over Pulisic. Guess you have to have the right eyes to see Mounts talents. I certainly don't.
The US midfield ran the match. If the US had a striker they might get to the last eight or even the last four. Iran needs a draw to advance assuming the 3 Lions handle Wales. Iran will park the bus and without a striker the US will not break them down.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

WindyCity

I thought it was a pretty entertaining game overall.  There were some dull moments, sure, but on balance an enjoyable view.  I thought Sterling and Saka were basically invisible in this match.  Ream and Robinson were excellent. 

filham

Quote from: ffcne on November 26, 2022, 10:36:21 AM
Quote from: filham on November 26, 2022, 10:23:17 AM
Well, I ended up wanting Ream, Robinson and the USA to win, they so deserved it on the night.

Same here .Especially with the taking of the knee as well.
Stuart Pearce very complimentary of Robinson best player on the pitch
along with Pulisic
[/quote

The bad news is that Robinson's Fulham contract expires at the end of the season, a few clubs will have an eye on him.

Woolly Mammoth

At the end of the day, so far England have twice as many points as USA and four times as many points as Wales, and it is called FOOTBALL.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MisfitKid

Quote from: YankeeJim on November 26, 2022, 04:26:20 PM
Quote from: Holders on November 25, 2022, 11:01:53 PM
Is Mason Mount his lovechild?

Guardiola starts Mount over Pulisic. Guess you have to have the right eyes to see Mounts talents. I certainly don't.
The US midfield ran the match. If the US had a striker they might get to the last eight or even the last four. Iran needs a draw to advance assuming the 3 Lions handle Wales. Iran will park the bus and without a striker the US will not break them down.

Couldn't agree more...
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

MisfitKid

Looks like the most watched match ever here in the US.   :clap_hands: 049:gif

Friday's @USMNT - England #FIFAWorldCup match draws 15,377,000 viewers on FOX, making it the most-watched men's "soccer" match EVER on U.S. television, up +6% from the previous high of 14,510,000 (Italy vs. Brazil Final, 1994).
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...