Started by White Noise, January 09, 2011, 09:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6647972,00.html

Kamara unflustered about future

Striker unsure where he will play next season

Last updated: 9th January 2011   

Kamara: Uncertain future

Diomansy Kamara has insisted he is not worried about his Fulham future after an impressive FA Cup hat-trick.

The 30-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has not featured heavily in the plans of manager Mark Hughes so far this season.

Kamara was handed starts earlier this season due to injuries to Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson but managed just two goals in eight games.

The striker had looked sure to depart from Craven Cottage under Roy Hodgson after being loaned out to Celtic last season, yet was re-introduced under Mark Hughes.

"I've got a contract until the end of the season and at the moment, when I get my chance on the pitch, I'm always trying to do my best," said Kamara.

"We'll see what happens in the next few matches. This is not my problem, I'm just focused on Fulham. I'm not concerned that my contract is ending."

"When one player doesn't play, I never blame the manager. I need to work hard, go in the gym and work more, this is my philosophy.

"In February, I think Bobby Zamora is coming back and Moussa Dembele. We have other strikers coming back so the competition makes it better for us. Competition is good for the club."

On the fringes
Kamara is unsure where he will ply his trade next season but is hoping to feature on a more regular basis in a Fulham side that has won three of their last four games.

"When you are player and you don't play you are obviously a little bit frustrated but this is all part of the game," added Kamara.

"Everything is the same. The new manager needs time to understand what he wants and what the team wants.

"The Premier League is also very hard. We played well and we drew a lot of matches. I think it's very close in the league. We have a lot of quality and we need to keep going.

"If we keep doing what we are doing now, we can finish in mid-table."

wadey

nope..........he was all set for celtic 6 months ago...telling all that thats where he wants to stay and end his career there........cheers but no thanks dio :048: :048:

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: wadey on January 09, 2011, 09:27:55 PM
nope..........he was all set for celtic 6 months ago...telling all that thats where he wants to stay and end his career there........cheers but no thanks dio :048: :048:
Or his beloved PSG  :046:

ScalleysDad

Nope. As good as he looked against a lower level team he has been lost when he has turned out in the Prem. Good to see him doing what all good strikers do and attacking the goal and the headed goal will be archive material one day but before yesterday he has looked the business for us twice and that was a long, long time ago.

AlFayedsChequebook

Mr Fulham

Yes, if he's able to score goals on a more regular basis in the next weeks.

No, if he stays the inconsistent bloke he was in the last years.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Mr Fulham on January 09, 2011, 11:04:01 PM
Yes, if he's able to score goals on a more regular basis in the next weeks.

No, if he stays the inconsistent bloke he was in the last years.

I will eat my hat if he becomes a regular goalscorer, he lives off playing well for  few matches the disappearing off the face of the earth!

Tom

Fulham for life!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Yes we should ..................... if I was Dio I would have been well miffed that I was sent out on loan by a club that was involved in  a load of competitions and were short of strikers.   Of course he said he wanted to go to Celtic when he believed that there was a permanent deal and he would get to play and nobody love him in SW6 ....
Have you forgotten, we were relegated and he drove that game at Citti.  It was his determination that gave us the win that day.
I do not understand how you expect him to score when he is hardly on the pitch, is he supposed to score in the 10 -20 mins he gets from time to time ????,    yet all kinds of excuses have been made for AJ who has had far more match hours and who is probably on twice the wages.

Think on ........................................If we do sign Rabied Kean,   
he and Dio played well together at Celtic .......................and were OK  by all accounts

cebu

No, he just doesn't produce the goods often enough.

YankeeJim

Sell him now for whatever we can get. If no takers keep him around in case we need a must win at Citi. Then, at the end of the season, let him go.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

LRCN

At the moment no, a hattrick against peterborough doesn't mask that he's too inconsistent to play prem football reguarly and we could use his 30k a week wages better. I'd love him to prove me wrong in the next couple of months though, I like him. Just his headless chicken to maradona ratio isn't good enough

Lighthouse

Yes, unless we can rid ourselves of at least two other forwards, bring three forwards in. We have BZ and AJ as forwards. Elm and EJ are not quite Prem level. Demps, Dembele,Gera etc are midfielders and are only used up front because of our dire lack of forwards.

So right now Kamara is our second  best striker and third best if and when BZ returns. Unless we bring in a few then Kamara must stay.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Everyone just needs to remember who he scored these goals against yesterday. Not the best competition around, that is for sure. He isn't Prem quality.
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 10, 2011, 12:34:46 AM
Sell him now for whatever we can get. If no takers keep him around in case we need a must win at Citi. Then, at the end of the season, let him go.
Concur with you Jim.
Fulham for life!

jarv

Definitely no. The only thing he has proven is that he is not good enough for the prem. Frankly, I thought he and fast eddie would play in tandem against Peterboro and both get 2 goals!  Poor opposition.

HatterDon

Yeah, Mr. Jarv, but the truth of it is that you can only score against the club that's facing you. Strikers tend to get goals in bunches. If I were Mark, I'd run Kamara out there v. Wigan and everyone else until the window closes. Not only am I not his biggest fan, I ended one of my match reviews with the fervent hope that he'd never turn out for FFC again. The thing is, though. Since Bobby Z went down, he's the ONLY Fulham striker to have found the net, and now he's done it five times.

It's a conundrum.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

nevzter

Shaking my head...I don't know what to with Kamara.   He's been both apathetic and prolific and recently...

I just don't know what to do with Joeself...
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

ImperialWhite

Quote from: HatterDon on January 10, 2011, 04:14:06 AM
Yeah, Mr. Jarv, but the truth of it is that you can only score against the club that's facing you. Strikers tend to get goals in bunches. If I were Mark, I'd run Kamara out there v. Wigan and everyone else until the window closes. Not only am I not his biggest fan, I ended one of my match reviews with the fervent hope that he'd never turn out for FFC again. The thing is, though. Since Bobby Z went down, he's the ONLY Fulham striker to have found the net, and now he's done it five times.

It's a conundrum.

Yes, in 10 games (granted, only 2/9 in the league) he has a 0.5 goals per match ratio. And he has a hattrick. And we have no strikers. Seems silly to be turning away anyone who's scored a few this season.

BalDrick

All rather hinges on what he does over the next 4 weeks or so doesn't it? Must start against a weak, lacking in confidence Wigan side, and if he can score against them, well let's stick with him for the next game. Injury or not, frankly he's got to be ahead of AJ I'd say. Yep he was infuriating against West Brom, but this game, particularly up front, is so much confidence-based.

Have to say, from the above piece I like the cut of his gib.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town