Main Menu

BREAKING: Tim Ream Extends for Another 12 Months

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 26, 2022, 10:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

:wine:

Friendsoffulham

New Deal For Ream

The Club is delighted to announce that Tim Ream has agreed a new contract.

His new deal ties Ream to Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024.

Speaking after signing, Tim told FFCtv: "I'm still not retiring! I'm going to be here for year number nine, and I'm excited.

"I feel the best I've ever felt, as confident as I've ever been. To extend it another 12 months into 2024 is a proud moment for myself and my family.

"I'm happy to continue on this journey with the Club, the fans and all the guys in the changing room.

"It was an easy decision for me. I obviously have a young family who are very much settled, and I'm very much settled on the pitch, settled in the changing room and, with this group, the sky's the limit.

"It's such a good group of guys, a wonderful club. The connection with the fans is stronger than it's ever been at this moment. A no-brainer for me."

Tony Khan added: "I'm thrilled to announce that Fulham Football Club has agreed to a contract extension with Tim Ream.

"Since he joined the squad in 2015, Tim has been a reliable force at the heart of the defence. Through his hard work and his dedication, he's become a favourite of our supporters, and on matchdays they collectively exclaim, 'REAM!' to celebrate his frequent contributions.

"Recently, under the coaching of Marco Silva, Tim has been in the best form of his career, winning a third promotion with Fulham last season and consistently turning in strong performances in this Premier League campaign.

"I'm delighted that Tim will be with us for at least one additional season, and we are all very grateful for his contribution to the team. Thank you, Tim!

"Come on Fulham!"

Now in his eighth season with Fulham, Ream is one of the most popular players of our recent history, with three promotions under his belt.

He now sits on 272 appearances, including featuring in all but two minutes of our current Premier League campaign.

[/img]

Ream was also an integral member of the United States squad at the recent World Cup, playing every second as they reached the knockout stages, with his excellent performances leading to a nomination for US Soccer Player of the Year.

Our Boxing Day win over Crystal Palace saw Ream score his first ever Premier League goal, with Marco Silva full of praise for the evergreen defender.

"It's been an unbelievable year for him – collectively for us as a football club, and for him as an individual he's been fantastic," Silva said. "He's a great professional, a very good player, a really important player for me, a player that is leading by example.

"How he played [against Crystal Palace], so composed in all the moments of the game, taking the right decisions in almost all the moments of the game as well.

"35 years old, scoring his first goal in the Premier League, but it's much more than that, the way he performed, the way he leads by example every time, on the ball, off the ball.

"I'm really pleased for him because he deserves everything that he's achieved."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2022/december/26/new-deal-for-ream/

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

Fulham_chris

Surlyc

Completely deserved. Eventually he'll age out to the bench, but long may he continue to play at this level!

ChesterTheTabby

I love this man, I love this club. Easily could have shepherded him out, and he wouldn't have complained one bit being the consummate professional that he is, but Tim deserves this, whether he's a starter, a sub, or a hype man on the training pitch and wise head for the youngsters to learn from. Probably one of the best Americans to ever play the game, really, with his longevity. McBride, Dempsey, Pulisic, Donavan, Ream, Tim Howard all stick out for me.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

jayffc

Just absolutely love this for Tim.
Already a cult figure but If he keeps us up with a top-10 finish he really would solidify his place as a club legend for me. He's had his critics and dips in the road but always been an absolute consummate professional. Few greater cries then the sound of Reeeeeeam ringing around the Cottage. Mr dependable. Good on you Tim!

Craven Mad

Delighted. He's essential for us right now and, especially with Tosin's contract up in the air, I'm glad we know he'll be here next year too.

Not far from club legend status at this point. If he leaves us at the end of next year, with the club still in the Prem, I think we'd have a lot to thank Tim for; he's been with us throughout our worst era in recent memory, taking us from the lowest point and brining us back to where we belong.

Can't believe he only cost us c£1.5m from Bolton...

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Craven Mad on December 26, 2022, 11:03:38 PM
Delighted. He's essential for us right now and, especially with Tosin's contract up in the air, I'm glad we know he'll be here next year too.

Not far from club legend status at this point. If he leaves us at the end of next year, with the club still in the Prem, I think we'd have a lot to thank Tim for; he's been with us throughout our worst era in recent memory, taking us from the lowest point and brining us back to where we belong.

Can't believe he only cost us c£1.5m from Bolton...

What a ridiculous rate of return on this cult hero
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Somerset Fulham

Absolutely love this man as a footballer but moreso as a human.

He is fantastic and I am so happy he will continue to be a part of this club.

Pluto

Great player, leader and all round human. Absolute no brainer to give him another year. He's playing at the peak of his game right now.

Southcoastffc

Amazing what a 25 yard screamer will do!   :005:  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: Nero on December 26, 2022, 10:41:53 PM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on December 26, 2022, 10:41:01 PM
Two more years!

Signed until 2024. Currently 2022. So the poster is technically correct that we've got him for 2 more years.

FriendofFulhamDodger

Thailand Mick

No surprise for me he has been fantastic and was my mom yesterday, he doesn't rely on pace so this might not be the last extension. We'll done Tim long May it continue. Ps Willian next?

Holders

A good move. This must be to stop Man City coming in for him in the prime of his career.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RaySmith

Quote from: Pluto on December 26, 2022, 11:22:45 PM
Great player, leader and all round human. Absolute no brainer to give him another year. He's playing at the peak of his game right now.

:plus one:

hovewhite

What an example for any player in the club ,a great player and always seems a gent off the pitch.Reeeeaaam

Mince n Tatties