watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army- Marathon

Started by bog, December 31, 2022, 10:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did anyone see the chap on BBC this wintry morn about start to run a marathon in aid of cancer research? Well on the 1st Jan 2022 he also ran one and then one on every day of the year since. So as 365x26 = 9490 miles (plus the extra yards for each run) I think this quite extraordinary.  :54: :Haynes The Maestro:

This is more that I have driven in the luxury of my car in the last two years.  To me one of the ultimate examples of Human Endeavour for Charitable Intentions.

092.gif   

Buffalo76

These are the kind of people who should be at the top of New Year's Honours Lists.

ianthailand

Quote from: bog on December 31, 2022, 10:25:52 AM
Did anyone see the chap on BBC this wintry morn about start to run a marathon in aid of cancer research? Well on the 1st Jan 2022 he also ran one and then one on every day of the year since. So as 365x26 = 9490 miles (plus the extra yards for each run) I think this quite extraordinary.  :54: :Haynes The Maestro:

This is more that I have driven in the luxury of my car in the last two years.  To me one of the ultimate examples of Human Endeavour for Charitable Intentions.

092.gif   
I think it also gives you a good indication that you shouldn't attempt the marathon young man.

bog

Quote from: ianthailand on December 31, 2022, 11:35:33 AM
Quote from: bog on December 31, 2022, 10:25:52 AM

092.gif   
I think it also gives you a good indication that you shouldn't attempt the marathon young man.

In today's traffic I struggle to drive 26miles........young man?  :005: