watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

some of our antics were disgraceful

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 03, 2023, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

I really wasn't happy nor impressed with our "gamesmanship" at times against the Foxes. So annoying and times I was yelling at our guys to get on with it. 
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

H4usuallysitting

Middlesexclub

colinwhite

Can't say I agree with that .We weren't great but we hung on . No worse than any other side we have played against in this league . 3 wins on the trot and you are complaining. lets look at this in perspective please.

SP

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 03, 2023, 09:45:35 PM
3 point's is what it's all about

Yes, but could have done without some** of the extravagant bollocking around. I'm as happy as anyone with the 3 points... but still a sight for sore eyes at times. Would be livid as a Fox right now.

jelmo

I know what you are saying but at the same time who cares! 3 in a row!

Pluto

SG

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on January 03, 2023, 09:47:32 PM
Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 03, 2023, 09:45:35 PM
3 point's is what it's all about

Yes, but could have done without some** of the extravagant bollocking around. I'm as happy as anyone with the 3 points... but still a sight for sore eyes at times. Would be livid as a Fox right now.

All but the very best teams do it when hanging on. Brilliant when we do it and bloody frustrating when it's done to us 👍

Oakeshott

I'd be disappointed if I supported Leicester but on another day they'd have played most of the match with ten players after that bad foul on Mitro early on.

filham

Sounds like a rough game ,plenty of yellows and 8 mins added time.
bottom line is we come home with 3 points ,
Not halfway through the season and we only need four more wins to be safe from relegation, who would have predicted that.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Black, White and Fred

Would you have been yelling if someone had hurried a ball and Leicester had scored? Ugly side of the game but when you are 1 up away from home needs must
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

wback

Compared to Southampton, where we saw out the game with control of the ball, tonight we couldn't get it, so went the other way. Not a huge fan, and it might attract more attention from refs (in the form of even more added time). Still, we've not had to do it much this season, so let's take it and move on.

Deeping_white

Every single professional team would and does the same thing when holding onto a one goal lead. Considering how we got stung against both Manchester clubs I have no problem with us making it stop/start towards the end of the game. At the end of the day it's 3 points closer to the magic 40, nobody is going to go "oh what a shame Fulham got relegated because they never time wasted" - you have to earn the right to sh*thouse a win like that and we did in the first half

Woolly Mammoth

History will show an away win, it is a jungle out there, and it shows that Fulham are no longer a soft touch with a soft underbelly.
Win beautiful, win ugly they all count and they are all necessary.
We are no longer someone else's cannon fodder.
There is more than one way to win a game, otherwise teams will walk all over you.

You either choose to be a DOOR MAT or choose to be a MATADOR.

NOT ONE STEP BACK.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 03, 2023, 10:00:22 PM
Every single professional team would and does the same thing when holding onto a one goal lead. Considering how we got stung against both Manchester clubs I have no problem with us making it stop/start towards the end of the game. At the end of the day it's 3 points closer to the magic 40, nobody is going to go "oh what a shame Fulham got relegated because they never time wasted" - you have to earn the right to sh*thouse a win like that and we did in the first half

+1 - this ultimately is cut throat and top level professional football. Those small things here and there ate up time and saw us win. It's what you should do and is very much part of the game when you're getting dominated in the way we were. It's not pretty or preferable, but we won, so i'll take it. It's nice to see us be streetwise in that sense, a sign of intelligent play from our players.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 03, 2023, 10:00:22 PM

Okay, this response jives... I concede, well said.

Mince n Tatties

Fulham fans..
Never pleased even when we win.
Get a fecking grip.🤪

Baszab

Compared to the disgraceful antics of a very poor referee I thought all our plays seeing out the game were entirely justified