watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

some of our antics were disgraceful

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 03, 2023, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

I rather win with style and grace than win ugly.

But, I much rather win ugly than lose. Yesterday a stylish win seemed unlikely for many reasons, and thus I am very happy with the ugly win.

Rj Fulham

I dont have a problem at all with ìt, every team in the premiership, hell in pretty much every league around the world would've done the same thing!  We earned our goal with a lovely crossfield pass from Willian and a great controlled finish by Mitro, and had every right to hold on and "win ugly" as they say.  You  have to earn every point in the Prem, so im glad to see us grinding a win out with grit and determination!   049:gif  :wine: You dont get any extra points for style :54:

Mickeyboro

It is a shame the game is as it is today, with even national treasure Marcus Rashford feigning head injury to stop play.

There needs to be a reset- fat chance I know, but even the win v Saints was tough to watch. There has to be more to it than just winning at all costs... for me, anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bahay18

Apart from the first 20 mins it wasn't a great footballing performance . But it was a great team performance . A group of players desperate to hold on to that 3 points . Not a fan of the dark arts either but I remember gary Neville saying a few years ago "fulham are a nice team to play against and that's not a good thing" . Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.

Somerset Fulham

Winning ugly is fine as long as there are no tears when other sides do it to us.

Historically there have always been tsunamis of tears when others do it to us though.

Jim©

Quote from: andyk on January 03, 2023, 10:11:01 PM
The way to punish this nonsense is to add even more time on.  During the World Cup there was regular 10 or 12 mins. Then even more added on for time wasting in injury time.
This evening Leno took a full minute to take a goal kick during the 7mins added time. The ref even booked him and still blew up bang on the 7 mins.

No he didn't. It was 20 seconds.
After gifting last minute winners v Man City & Man Utd, I'm pleased to see that we've learned from those mistakes.
The Leicester crowd were claiming us wasting time when injuries were happening- Tete's black eye for one.
We've been on the other end of it many times, glad to turn them tables for once.

bog

As we all know this has been going for years. I recall a cup final involving Arsenal who near the end were winning by one goal. They had a free kick on the edge of their opponent's area but instead of going for goal  Henry walked the ball to the corner flag and stood there with hands on hips. He got man of the match.   

I had to put up with Radio London commentary. Did the ref lose sight of the game with all the bookings?   

092.gif

sarvenpa

:plus one:

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 03, 2023, 10:01:14 PM
History will show an away win, it is a jungle out there, and it shows that Fulham are no longer a soft touch with a soft underbelly.
Win beautiful, win ugly they all count and they are all necessary.
We are no longer someone else's cannon fodder.
There is more than one way to win a game, otherwise teams will walk all over you.

You either choose to be a DOOR MAT or choose to be a MATADOR.

NOT ONE STEP BACK.

Free Elvis Hammond

I'm delighted to see us being a bit more savvy. Southampton was similar once we were 2-1 up

We were on the receiving end of that a few times last season, like against Forest at home. It might not be noble but it's part of the game

FFChris

I remember Robbie Savage playing for Leicester at the Cottage a good few years ago.  Leicester were winning and he was being taken off late in the game.  He went to the furthest corner away from the dugout and turned his back on the game.  The referee had to go and tell him that he was going off because he couldn't hear everyone screaming at him and then the ref allowed him to stroll across the pitch stopping to take his shin pads off and shake everyone's hand along the way.  I'm not a fan of time-wasting but what goes around comes around.  COYW's

Jules

I love how we are managing games and picking up points this season. We are growing up, getting wiser and our 'soft underbelly' is becoming a thing of the past. Long may it continue. Other teams do it, including the big clubs so let's just enjoy winning games at the top level. Nothing to moan about!

Andy S

And as time passes people will only remember 0-1

filham

In our last two games, Leicester and Southampton, our opponents have really got the better of us but with grit and determination  we have won both matches.
The big question we should be asking this morning is when did we last win three premier league matches on the bounce.

Cobh Fulham Fan

The conversation now should be - when did we last win four premier league games in a row?  :003:

Twig

It's been a great run results wise but our form hasn't looked that great over the last two games. I think the question to ask is whether Silva can get the lads firing on all cylinders come Thursday 12th? Because I know that every single FFC supporter wants to win this one very much indeed and at our best we can certainly do it.

RaySmith

The game was much better when it was still amateur, played by Gentlemen from our glorious Public Schools, and prestigious Oxbridge universities.

Once the oiks came in, playing for for money -some of them even played football to earn a living! all was lost......

In the halcyon days it was
'After you Claude',
'No Basil, after you - by the way I handled the ball back there, you ought to have a free-kick, I'll inform the referee.'
'Thank you Claude, you're  true sporting gentleman.'

KJS

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 03, 2023, 09:45:35 PM
3 point's is what it's all about

Southampton tried it and got 0 points so I have no issue whatsoever about getting 3 points no matter what, after all under Snotty Parker we were weak and would have copitulated and got relegated!!

Jimmy Hill

We definitely pushed it to the limit last night. Im not a fan of it as i think if we push fir a 2nd goal we look a better team. Hard to argue though when you get 3 points but they should of got a point

perry geyton

complain all they want they got 7 extra mins out of it

I always quite liked LC, after yesterday I now have a bad taste in my mouth
Supporters mainly

WindyCity

I can understand the TO's concerns, and I wasn't too thrilled either about some of the late tactics.  That said, I'm NOT gonna complain or critique FFC about it.  MOST teams in this league do the exact same things, I guess, as unpleasant as some of it can be, it is part of the game.  Congrats to FFC on a great road win!!  Three PL wins in a row, two PL road wins in a row!!  Terrific!!