more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best chant last night....

Started by Southcoastffc, January 13, 2023, 10:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

..... came from Chelsea when they scored. "We are staying up"   :clap_hands:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

I've. Always enjoyed the humour from football supporters

Fulham 442

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 13, 2023, 10:21:02 AM
..... came from Chelsea when they scored. "We are staying up"   :clap_hands:
Brilliant!

General

Quote from: Andy S on January 13, 2023, 11:13:16 AM

Me too. Favourite is the Aston Villa or West Ham fans chanting at an away game...

Has been done a few times since, but when it works it's very fun!

General

A few others...

legana

I like it! You do wonder what is in store for the post-Abramovich era Chelsea though. The new owner doesn't seem reluctant to splash the cash but how much impact would potentially missing out on Europe this season cause? I don't know enough about football finance but presume the Champions League rights is where the big clubs make their money. With Newcastle now trying to muscle in, this leaves seven 'big' clubs vying for four CL places each year. How many seasons can a big club afford to miss out before the funds dry up? I know there will be other factors like international revenue from shirt sales and merchandise, but if Mr Khan has a greater net wealth than Mr Boehly, is there a chance last night represents a very early turning of the tide in SW6 fortunes or are Chelsea now too much of an established presence in the global game for them to fade? I'm not suggesting they will plummet down the pyramid, just perhaps be out of contention for the Top 4 moving forward. It does seem that the historic clubs always return to the top like AC Milan, etc. However, on a smaller scale teams like Hamburg, Valencia, Lyon are no longer as big in their respective leagues and Chelsea probably don't carry as much weight as Liverpool or Man Utd, much like the aforementioned are not Munich/Dortmund or Real/Barca, etc.

bobbo

Quote from: Andy S on January 13, 2023, 11:13:16 AM
Andy it's second to none . The comments off football terraces are pure gold .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Free Elvis Hammond

At the other end of the spectrum, when the Hammy End was singing "you're going down with the Forest" against Saints, a fella near me in the Putney End tried to join in but got the wrong end of the stick

Kept singing "you're going down in the morning". Not how the league system works my friend

Woolly Mammoth

Light Brown for Chicken Stock, Dark Brown for Beef Stock and Royal Blue for Laughing Stock.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

My favourite song from our guests was 'You're only here to see the Ch*lsea'.

Strangely enough, they stopped singing this one fairly early on.