watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone on here still missing Fabio ?

Started by perry geyton, January 14, 2023, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Not many successful cases of us bringing back a player who previously chose to leave us.

Dempsey II for instance was terrible.

Hatch007

Quote from: Pluto on January 15, 2023, 12:11:14 AM
The Fabio revisionism is getting a bit silly now. He was phenomenal for us last season. Probably our best player outside of Mitro. In my opinion, he's the best player we have produced in at least the last twenty years. He's also a lot better and a more impactful player than Sessegnon and Elliot were when they left the club.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on Sess. He was our top goalscorer at just 17/18 yo the season we were promoted under Slav. You can't get more impactful than that.

If, however, you're talking about his impact in his final season for us in the PL then you have a fair point.

Marcus

Sess is the one player we broug
Quote from: Hatch007 on January 15, 2023, 03:25:27 AM
The Fabio revisionism is getting a bit silly now. He was phenomenal for us last season. Probably our best player outside of Mitro. In my opinion, he's the best player we have produced in at least the last twenty years. He's also a lot better and a more impactful player than Sessegnon and Elliot were when they left the club.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on Sess. He was our top goalscorer at just 17/18 yo the season we were promoted under Slav. You can't get more impactful than that.

If, however, you're talking about his impact in his final season for us in the PL then you have a fair point.
Sess is the one player we brouth through I like to see do well, hopefully not against us though, signed a contract, we got a decent fee, was also immense at Wembley and all that season... my gratitude to Fab is rather different... not sure we would have signed Pereira had he stayed, who I think is a much better player... we still got robbed by the hub cap thieves, though...

I Ronic

Quote from: filham on January 14, 2023, 09:37:43 PM
Possibly a good time to put a bid in for him, he could be attracted to a top six club.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Rupert

More to the point, we want him to do well as there is a sell on clause we will benefit from, isn't there?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Twig

Yes, I would agree with that assessment.

simplyfulham

But imagine a midfield three of..

Fabio              Periera

Palhinha

We'd probably be looking like a champions league side by now  :dft012:

FFC1987

Quote from: simplyfulham on January 15, 2023, 01:14:11 PM

Palhinha

A couple of things on this and another post suggesting Fabio get's into our team ahead of Pereria. The main thing people seem to be missing like in this scenario and when leaning towards Fabio over Pereria is how much you lose in the press which makes us so successful. Fabio isn't a good press conference and I'd not expect him to be as its not his game. Losing Reed currently, loses a lot of yards in our team replacing him with Fabio.

Make no mistake, I love Fabio and still think he'll be a world talent, but I just don;t think a loan back to us is a god fit unless he likes being a rotating bit part player. he doesn't get in front of Pereria currently, and replacing Reed with him would knock us down the table.

Marcus

Was badly advised by greedy people without his interests at heart. Would have him back in a heartbeat. Pereira was brought in as a like-for-like. Worked out better for us than Liverpool, even though they robbed us.

colinwhite

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2023, 11:05:00 AM

Palhinha

A couple of things on this and another post suggesting Fabio get's into our team ahead of Pereria. The main thing people seem to be missing like in this scenario and when leaning towards Fabio over Pereria is how much you lose in the press which makes us so successful. Fabio isn't a good press conference and I'd not expect him to be as its not his game. Losing Reed currently, loses a lot of yards in our team replacing him with Fabio.

Make no mistake, I love Fabio and still think he'll be a world talent, but I just don;t think a loan back to us is a god fit unless he likes being a rotating bit part player. he doesn't get in front of Pereria currently, and replacing Reed with him would knock us down the table.

totally agree.  Set plays and press alone would be a huge loss. he also makes us tick . Fabio never really did that superb though he was .

FFC1987

Quote from: colinwhite on January 17, 2023, 11:14:18 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 17, 2023, 11:05:00 AM

Palhinha

totally agree.  Set plays and press alone would be a huge loss. he also makes us tick . Fabio never really did that superb though he was .

Yep, saw a stat that Pereria was in top 5 or so for assists and key passes this year. Love Fabio but that's not his game. What you lose in that area of our game, you won;t get back in goals from Fabio in my opinion.

JimOG

His problem is that he is a 10 and Liverpool do not play with a 10. He's a square peg in a round hole there. When he did play for them early in the season he looked a class act.

Would I take him back? Absolutely. Over Pereira? Still yes as he's much more of a goal threat and much younger. Though I think Pereira is a better passer. Let's not forget that many had written him off too before he arrived here. This is his first season looking like a proper player and he's 27. There would be room for both though as Pereira is also effective sitting deeper.

Well said. Even Klopp has admitted they've had to play him out of position because of injuries but I think his confidence has taken a battering particularly if he's reading local media. No I wouldn't him back at present. He needs to go out on loan to find his feet again

Pluto

I was referring more to his final season with us where I felt he did regress quite a bit. You're right that he was very good in 17/18 though. It's a shame he's never really hit that level since (I think partly because Spurs insist on playing him at left back)

FulhamForThought

Think it worked out for the best that he left and we got Pereira in.

Is it a shame that Fabio left? Yes. Young, exciting player from the academy who would turn players and drive us up the pitch. Plus he could score goals.

Are we doing ok without him? Absolutely. Pereira's work rate, set pieces and presence on the ball are what we need in the short term to stay up and push on. I don't think Fabio would have been capable of achieving what he did for us in the Championship this year. Not at this stage in his career.

WindyCity

No, I don't miss him at all.  He's a competitor now, the enemy.  I thank him for his service with FFC as he helped the team towards promotion.  This kid will become a very good footballer imho.  He's only 20 years old, and he will come good at some point.  He'll be good.

perry geyton

Palhinha

No thanks I'd rather have Harrison
His work rates 10 fold what Fabio has to offer

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Tooting legend

No I'm not, crazy post he's gone move on we have a great squad now.

BarryP

Quote from: Kingjay81 on January 15, 2023, 12:14:02 AM
He's going to be a top, top player and I do miss watching him.

The wider point is just how well Marco and the club have done to replace him with Perreira. What a masterstroke.

£10m. Bargain.

0001.jpeg
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

RaySmith

The team doesn't miss him, as many on here thought we would, including me, because of the players we  brought in.
Can't see him or Sess coming back, but wish them both all the very best.