watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone on here still missing Fabio ?

Started by perry geyton, January 14, 2023, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

Personally I'm not, seems like he's going down the pecking order at Pool who are currently in decay...

Looks like he's taking a similar route to Ryan, way to lightweight for the premier league ?

Oh well that's what you get

Maybe he should go on loan to Europe somewhere

Somerset Fulham

I still think that the lad is quality, he's only what, 20?

I was quite surprised that he went straight into their first team squad to be honest, I figured they would loan him out this season to a Championship club.

Right now, Andreas is a much better option for us so do I miss him? No.  But he will be a top drawer footballer at some point, as Ryan is steadily becoming.

filham

Possibly a good time to put a bid in for him, he could be attracted to a top six club.

Dodgin

Maybe they may improve if he was on the pitch?

F(f)CUK

We would not be as high up the league without Pereira.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: perry geyton on January 14, 2023, 09:19:16 PM
Personally I'm not, seems like he's going down the pecking order at Pool who are currently in decay...

Looks like he's taking a similar route to Ryan, way to lightweight for the premier league ?

Oh well that's what you get

Maybe he should go on loan to Europe somewhere
You ask a lot of questions, that's for certain!

Willham

Really funny to see this pop up, S I was only watching some of our games fro  last season yesterday and was thinking about fabio,

And I do miss his driving runs, and I think he was happy to lead the line a little more than pereira, but pereira is so ,uch more of the all rounded attacking midfielder and creats so much more, and I love how pereira can arrive late in the box.

So yes I do miss some things carvalho did but as a whole, the player was not here long enough to make a lasting impact,

I still believe he was very stupid and I'd say he'd have had a better progession this year with us,

HV71

Quote from: Willham on January 14, 2023, 09:54:41 PM
Really funny to see this pop up, S I was only watching some of our games fro  last season yesterday and was thinking about fabio,

And I do miss his driving runs, and I think he was happy to lead the line a little more than pereira, but pereira is so ,uch more of the all rounded attacking midfielder and creats so much more, and I love how pereira can arrive late in the box.

So yes I do miss some things carvalho did but as a whole, the player was not here long enough to make a lasting impact,

I still believe he was very stupid and I'd say he'd have had a better progession this year with us,

This

But don't blame the lad for having his head turned

St Eve

I do. Would be great if he was back with us

FFC1987

Talking to my Liverpool mate whose tolerable.....He was suggesting they buy Palinha and loan us back Fabio....he seemed surprised I didn't think he'd get into our starting line-up currently. Still have high hopes for Fabio, but the dust has settled, and we're better for it and his career is taking a sideways glance at best at the moment. It's interesting though as Elliott has suffered a similar stump in form, likely a victim of his own incredible early season form in a really struggling side.

Mince n Tatties

I'm afraid I've no interest what he does up there,or the little scrag Elliot....They chose to go.

demeant0r

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2023, 10:33:58 PM
I'm afraid I've no interest what he does up there,or the little scrag Elliot....They chose to go.

To be fair, Elliot is a Liverpool supporter. I don't blame him, it would be like if some youngster wanted to join us because they've supported us their entire life.

MikeTheCubed

From a footballing perspective, no; it's unlikely Fabio would have contributed as much as Pereira has at least this season.

From a financial perspective, it could be argued that had Fabio signed a new deal then the funds Fulham would have saved could have been used to strengthen a different area of the team more thoroughly, but then the team have done so well the difference would likely be trivial.

Motspur

Another Fulham youngster being badly advised by their agent or family. Fabio would have played more games for us this season if he'd stayed rather than chasing the pound notes and thinking he would walk into Liverpool's first eleven. An ageing team in decline at Liverpool and their recruitment has seen Fabio go further down the selection list. What a shame as I believe Marco would have enhanced and progressed him if he had stayed for a couple of more years. Not our problem now and no sympathy as should have learned from our recent examples such as Sess, Roberts, Hyndmann etc..

Sgt Fulham

This season has gone so well that I had completely forgotten about the lad, which does him a big disservice as he was key in our title winning season last year. Credit to Andreas for that. Nonetheless, anyone writing Carv off is crazy, he still has a big career ahead of him.

H4usuallysitting

He'll come good again next season - when Liverpool are in the championship

perry geyton

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2023, 10:33:58 PM
YEP once they've crossed the line and gone there I want nothing too do with em

Nothing but bad eggs too me

Pluto

The Fabio revisionism is getting a bit silly now. He was phenomenal for us last season. Probably our best player outside of Mitro. In my opinion, he's the best player we have produced in at least the last twenty years. He's also a lot better and a more impactful player than Sessegnon and Elliot were when they left the club.

His problem is that he is a 10 and Liverpool do not play with a 10. He's a square peg in a round hole there. When he did play for them early in the season he looked a class act.

Would I take him back? Absolutely. Over Pereira? Still yes as he's much more of a goal threat and much younger. Though I think Pereira is a better passer. Let's not forget that many had written him off too before he arrived here. This is his first season looking like a proper player and he's 27. There would be room for both though as Pereira is also effective sitting deeper.

perry geyton

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on January 14, 2023, 11:23:30 PM
He'll come good again next season - when Liverpool are in the championship
Oh what I wouldn't give :)

Kingjay81

He's going to be a top, top player and I do miss watching him.

The wider point is just how well Marco and the club have done to replace him with Perreira. What a masterstroke.

£10m. Bargain.