Anyone on here still missing Fabio ?

Started by perry geyton, January 14, 2023, 09:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilacsdoom

Hard not to miss Baby Fabio. Maybe he will come back to us one day  092.gif

Hugh Gentry

No, we are a Premier league team now, we need Premier league performers

Sting of the North

Yes, I miss him. Would make our team even better. Will go on to be a world class player.

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 18, 2023, 08:10:29 AM
Yes, I miss him. Would make our team even better. Will go on to be a world class player.

Where would you see him playing in current team out of interest? I just can't seem to find a space for him unless he suffers from what's happening at Liverpool currently, playing him out wide. No doubt he improves the team from a squad point of view though.

blingo

He'd strengthen our squad and, I think, would be an even better player had he stayed with us. So yes is my answer.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 18, 2023, 08:56:03 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on January 18, 2023, 08:10:29 AM

Where would you see him playing in current team out of interest? I just can't seem to find a space for him unless he suffers from what's happening at Liverpool currently, playing him out wide. No doubt he improves the team from a squad point of view though.

With confidence there is no reason to believe he wouldn't continue improving like he did all last season. He would challenge Pereira for a starting spot (giving us the option to drop Pereira deeper, or alter our formation slightly to play two in front of Palhinha). He would also offer an alternatie to Reed, especially if we would expect more of the ball. Fabio work tirelessly and was not a bad pressing player (who regularly came back and stole the ball from opponents) in a midfield that was never really in sync last season. With our new midfielders he would have every opportunity to kick on.

Reed didn't look very good last season, but have benefitted hugely from having players like Palhinha and Pereira around him. No reason why the same wouldn't be true for Fabio, who has many more strings to his bow.

And as you say, even if he didn't start regularly he would have hugely improved our squad.

At least that is my take on it. It's all unfortunately purely academical though at this point.

Surlyc

Would we have signed Pereira if Fabio had stayed? I think we've been better with Pereira than Fabio this season, although I would love to still have Fabio on our bench coming on every week and growing as a player.

With the benefit of hindsight, it would have been better for all parties if Fabio was still at Craven Cottage. He's gone to an established club expecting development and ended up in the middle of a changing of the guard situation (not unlike with Sessegnon and Spurs), so the decision has not proved the right one for him so far. I hope it works out for him though, he's still a tremendously talented youngster.

The Rational Fan

Fabio is a huge loss from an FFP perspective, the transfer fee received is tiny compared to his actual value. Pereira was bought around his peak, for a moderate transfer fee and offered a four-year contract. Fabio was sold at a bargain plus will probably improve and Pereira will have been a good buy if he maintains his performance for the next four years.

toshes mate

Quote from: Willham on January 14, 2023, 09:54:41 PM
Really funny to see this pop up, S I was only watching some of our games fro  last season yesterday and was thinking about fabio,

And I do miss his driving runs, and I think he was happy to lead the line a little more than pereira, but pereira is so ,uch more of the all rounded attacking midfielder and creats so much more, and I love how pereira can arrive late in the box.

So yes I do miss some things carvalho did but as a whole, the player was not here long enough to make a lasting impact,

I still believe he was very stupid and I'd say he'd have had a better progession this year with us,
I also miss Fabio's natural attitude to football which was evident in the short moments I watched in the FA Cup replay but I don't believe that transfers are bad decisions so much as some work out and some do not.  Had he stayed would Pereira have signed?   Would Fabio be regretting not moving if he was not getting regularly picked because BDR has had a damascene moment and eclipsed all around him?  The random possibilities that arise from one decision are numerous and ever changing.  With hindsight I honestly believe FFC would have fought harder to keep him if there was ever any real chance of doing so.

fulhamfever

Quote from: Kingjay81 on January 15, 2023, 12:14:02 AM
He's going to be a top, top player and I do miss watching him.

The wider point is just how well Marco and the club have done to replace him with Perreira. What a masterstroke.

£10m. Bargain.

This 100

FishaPrice

I would love to get Fabio back, but this isn't because I don't rate Andreas. Fabio was quality and maintained a great work ethic even when it was clear he wanted to leave the club. Andreas has been a very good replacement and his free kicks are wonderful, so I am not sure Fabio would get ahead of him. I agree with the people above who are so pleased with Andreas. I was not 100% convinced in the first few games of the season because he seemed wasteful in possession, but I am absolutely impressed by him now. He has been such a great replacement and always works so hard. Fabio is probably more of a goal threat than Andreas though. Fabio had a really good understanding of our system and played off Mitrovic so well. In addition to being competition for Andreas, I think Fabio could do a job on the wings for us. Having Fabio and Andreas in the same line up could be really amazing. We are well stocked on the wings at the moment though.

Colton F.C.

Sadly it appears he may be joining the Lost Boys of Neverland, Roberts P & Sessegnon R.

Texas White

Quote from: I Ronic on January 15, 2023, 12:17:36 PM
Quote from: filham on January 14, 2023, 09:37:43 PM
Possibly a good time to put a bid in for him, he could be attracted to a top six club.

064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif.   X 2. 😂

spoonffc

You have to say with what andreas does with a deadball, plus his energy - he's an improvement on the team.

gang

The pen writes and having written moves on; so should we.

Luka

Yes....he was exciting to watch, was always a goal threat and was someone to claim as one of our own.  Would have him back on our terms anytime he wants.

Bassey the warrior

I expect Carvalho to establish himself at Liverpool next year but he'll need to adapt to a deeper role, in the same way Elliot did. He won't be coming here, so it's a moot point.