watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If the bottom 3 teams continue the same points per game

Started by Willham, January 18, 2023, 11:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

Then we don't have to play anymore games and we'll still survive relegation by 1 point

:wow:

legana

Makes a lovely change from our last 3 Premier League campaigns! It's nice to be able to 'enjoy' the relegation scrap element this season and with seven teams only 2 points apart it'll hopefully be entertaining.

Who do you think will go down and who would you most like to drop?
I think Bournemouth, as they probably won't have enough quality, Everton seem to be in complete turmoil with the fans seemingly making it hostile and then possibly Southampton as they have just appointed a rookie manager so perhaps less likely to make another managerial change, whereas Leeds would be likely to make a change sooner if needed.
I'd like Forest to get sucked back in so that their bulk spending tactic backfires, plus it would be best for FFC if the 'big' clubs drop so I'd send Everton and West Ham down. Don't dislike Everton though and would be a shame to lose the Liverpool derby as a contest each year.

hovewhite

Marcus

West Ham, Everton, Leeds... If Carlsberg did football seasons....

FFC1987

I'm sticking with Saints Bournemouth and Forest but can easily see how that can change in 5 games. Hard to see how Everton can survive on recent performances but still think they'll just about have enough. Saints remind me of us under Parker when we picked up some form but dropped off a cliff after. Bournemouth I'm convinced will struggle for points now forms also dropped off and Wolves and Westham with Ings now can push on. So I just think it's a toss up between Forest and Everton.

Rupert

Any three of Wolves, Leeds, Southampton, West Ham and Everton would be good as that would mean we were twice part of a group of three to get promoted to the PL and all survive the following season.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Blawarmy

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 19, 2023, 09:27:07 AM
I'm sticking with Saints Bournemouth and Forest but can easily see how that can change in 5 games. Hard to see how Everton can survive on recent performances but still think they'll just about have enough. Saints remind me of us under Parker when we picked up some form but dropped off a cliff after. Bournemouth I'm convinced will struggle for points now forms also dropped off and Wolves and Westham with Ings now can push on. So I just think it's a toss up between Forest and Everton.
I hope Forest and their mercenaries go down.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Lordedmundo

I think Bournemouth and Southampton are definitely down.

The third team will be probably be Everton as I just cannot see where their next win is coming from! I think Forest, Wolves, Leeds have enough to stay above them and West Ham I would expect to pick up more points now that they have Ings...

filham

It is always pleasing to see big clubs in trouble, West Ham and Everton must fancy themselves as top six material, it would be nice to see them both scratching around in the Championship for a while.

Bonzo Newton

With my pessimistic hat on I would prefer the bigger teams to go down as I think if Forest, Bournemouth etc stay up they will struggle next season too , as will the 3 promoted teams (despite this season's good showing by the promoted teams so far).

That way even if we don't do so well next season there will be plenty of poorer teams so we don't go down - and of course we have European Football to deal with as well !!

ffcne

bunter

HobGoblin

West ham. Everton and Forest. Got the doing a forest written all over it

SP

The bookies seem to think Saints, Bournemouth & Everton are done & dusted.  Personally, I think there're many more twists & turns to go before this is finished.

FFC1987

Quote from: SP on January 22, 2023, 09:16:12 AM
The bookies seem to think Saints, Bournemouth & Everton are done & dusted.  Personally, I think there're many more twists & turns to go before this is finished.

I think Saints and Bournemouth are my favourites to drop but agree, lots of bumps in the road to come! Hard to not suggest Everton are dropping at this point in time......