watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coronation 6th May

Started by Stevieboy, January 19, 2023, 11:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevieboy

I don't know if this subject has been brought up before but with our home game against Liecester on that day will the Coronation be rescheduled?!  064.gif :dft012:

filham

Perhaps the full opening of the Riverside Stand and the coronation should be combined with the King and Queen making a spectacular entrance from the Thames using the royal barge.

Rupert

I think a royal parachute descent, as HRH did for the Olympics, would be more eye catching.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

H4usuallysitting

cmg

I guess everything else will come to a standstill for this superb outpouring of patriotic pride and magnificence/absurd panoply of outmoded pomposity (delete according to taste).

I'm old enough to remember the previous coronation. As proud owners of a television set, half the street were crowded into our becurtained back room around the tiny, flickering screen in the darkness (tv could only be seen in the dark in those days). After a few minutes the 5 year old me was singularly unimpressed by crowds of overdressed adults poncing around in a big church so I decamped into the drizzly back yard to kick a ball around.

Perhaps that's the answer for this time around.
Anyone got an old Frido?

Wolf

EFL matches all moved to Sunday 7th and Monday 8th
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

sarnian

Don't worry about it. The train drivers will be on strike all that weekend.

cmg

Quote from: sarnian on January 19, 2023, 01:51:07 PM
Don't worry about it. The train drivers will be on strike all that weekend.

...and the Archbishop of Canterbury, which could cause more of a problem.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Let's be realistic.
Any matches scheduled for that day will be rearranged.

FFCsince64

When will we be given the rearranged dates for matches scheduled for May 6th?  That would help immensely in making May travel plans to London.

Andy S

I don't want to watch Charles and Camila. I've got better things to do with my time

Somerset Fulham

You don't have to watch it, we're not in North Korea.

I am absolutely ambivalent at best toward the Royals now that the Queen has gone, especially in light of the revelations that have come out in recent years.  However, I do love the pagentry and the show that is put on at royal events and so I will be glued to the tv for that.

Plus, these things don't tend to come along very often, it is literally history unfolding before one's very eyes.

Colton F.C.

Quote from: filham on January 19, 2023, 11:57:51 AM
Perhaps the full opening of the Riverside Stand and the coronation should be combined with the King and Queen making a spectacular entrance from the Thames using the royal barge.

Sadly no pier atm.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

At least Charlie is releasing loads from the Crown Estates for public use.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Rupert on January 19, 2023, 12:13:25 PM
I think a royal parachute descent, as HRH did for the Olympics, would be more eye catching.
Don't let Andrew or Harry fly the Plane/copter, or pack the parachute.

sunburywhite

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 20, 2023, 06:20:00 PM
Quote from: Rupert on January 19, 2023, 12:13:25 PM
Don't let Andrew or Harry fly the Plane/copter, or pack the parachute.

Harry would be telling you how many of them he had done
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SG

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on January 20, 2023, 05:36:35 PM

Yes he is but why has he got rights to the sea beds around in the UK in the first place. Ridiculous situation - imho

hovewhite

Not interested ,prefer the match to go ahead.

Rupert

Quote from: SG on January 20, 2023, 06:55:27 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on January 20, 2023, 05:36:35 PM

Yes he is but why has he got rights to the sea beds around in the UK in the first place. Ridiculous situation - imho

Because his ancestors were better than your ancestors at bashing people's heads in, or in getting other people to bash heads in on his behalf. It's quite simple, really.

Also, his ancestors were granted their royal status by the grace of God, so we will have no more of your republican nonsense.

And, while i am at it, we tried the republic route once before and wound up with Tumbledown Dick in charge (google him, you will see it is true), so I would think that would be a lesson learnt.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.