watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Silva backed

Started by colinwhite, February 01, 2023, 10:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

great to see the club backing our man, he thoroughly deserves it. I believe our transfers this season have reached a new level ,and now with Lukic coming in at  a steal amongst with those fantastic deals done in the summer . We ll done Tony khan ! long may it continue ! COYWs!!

RaySmith

Quote from: colinwhite on February 01, 2023, 10:01:12 AM
great to see the club backing our man, he thoroughly deserves it. I believe our transfers this season have reached a new level ,and now with Lukic coming in at  a steal amongst with those fantastic deals done in the summer . We ll done Tony khan ! long may it continue ! COYWs!!

0001.jpeg

bill taylors apprentice

I'm a great believer that there are many excellent PL quality players out there in the £10 to 20 million price range where you can build a successful team around.

The difference in results a player of this type will get you compared to the mega bucks signings you see elsewhere may be the difference to actually winning things but for a club like ours its a sound platform.

We may have a few too many older players now but it didn't harm Roy's team but we just need to be careful not to be over reliant on higher earners who are older.
At the moment Silva has got it right as the priority is to establish ourselves in PL but the youngsters need a pathway to play in the PL before too long if only to see if they are capable.

ianthailand

Quote from: colinwhite on February 01, 2023, 10:01:12 AM
What a difference it has made letting the Manager/Coach have a lot of influence in the selection of targets. As Colin says well done to Tony Khan and his team for getting so many over the line. If the second half of the season is half as good as the first i'll be very happy.

elgreenio

now that we've backed him in the market we need to follow it up with a new contract for him
touch my camera through the fence

AJW48361

Was it a window to Finish 6/7 ? Or a window to avoid a Relegation Battle.Whatever way you look at it could you say it Lacked Ambition?

jarv

At a glance, I thought your headline said sacked!!!!! 

Blawarmy

Maybe they should have let the glory hunters form their greedy league to let the rest of us have a realistic chance of winning the league. 

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 01, 2023, 11:53:04 AM
Was it a window to Finish 6/7 ? Or a window to avoid a Relegation Battle. Whatever way you look at it could you say it Lacked Ambition?
For 'Lacked Ambition' read FFP restrictions.... we are not immune to this stuff just because we are currently in 7th place.
We need to remain realistic... we're not Bournemouth you know ;)
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

colinwhite

Bring in three or four starters and you can ruin the team that you have . This was an ambitious window IMO ,with the right balance.

Blawarmy

Forest seem to have spent about a billion quid so have a good chance of staying up. Do you get FFP exemption if you were massive in the 70s and 80s?

LC

Quote from: AJW48361 on February 01, 2023, 11:53:04 AM
Was it a window to Finish 6/7 ? Or a window to avoid a Relegation Battle.Whatever way you look at it could you say it Lacked Ambition?

No, you couldn't say that.

perry geyton

Agreed Big Up Tony Khan

Khans deserve a song as a sign of respect

LittleErn

It say
Quote from: jarv on February 01, 2023, 11:53:37 AM
At a glance, I thought your headline said sacked!!!!! 
it says a lot that the thought never entered my head!

Ronnief

I thought we might have signed a Gorilla :005:

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

itombomb

Quote from: Blawarmy on February 01, 2023, 01:58:52 PM
Forest seem to have spent about a billion quid so have a good chance of staying up. Do you get FFP exemption if you were massive in the 70s and 80s?
Their challenge will come over the next couple of windows, they had huge amounts of FFP headroom as they hadn't spent a lot the last few years and had barely anyone under contract.

But a load of their signings this year have been (relatively) expensive misfires who will be on decent/long contracts (including Neco Williams tbh), and if they can't offload them* they will have limited scope to improve the squad further.

*e.g. the story that they were demanding that any club wanting Lewis O'Brien on loan had to agree a promotion linked obligation to buy of £10m.

filham

Yes it is looking good right now but hold on a moment, Lukic has yet to prove himself in the Premier league and Soares in a Fulham shirt.

Jimmy Hill

Squad looks good till the end of the season. Succsession planning next as you only have to look whats happened to Brighton to know whats going to happen.