https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Happy Valley

Started by Dodgin, February 06, 2023, 07:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Final episode, great TV.

hovewhite

Superb closing episode,must say have feasted on the whole 3 series.it does make the BBC look quality.

Peabody

Absolutely superb, brilliant acting and congratulations to all involved, including the much maligned BBC who brought it to air and have the patience to wait for Ryan to become a teenager.

bill taylors apprentice

Thoroughly enjoyed it and the right ending.

As for the BBC, there are more and more independent production companies creating these excellent TV dramas.
If it wasn't the BBC airing it another broadcaster would be showing it.

bog

Right from the first episode of the first series this was a quality drama. Sarah Lancashire was a perfect casting for the part.     

Peabody

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 06, 2023, 08:47:13 AM

As for the BBC, there are more and more independent production companies creating these excellent TV dramas.

But they didn't did they? and in actual fact, the BBC commissioned Sally Wainwright to write the series

RaySmith

Quote from: Peabody on February 06, 2023, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on February 06, 2023, 08:47:13 AM

But they didn't did they? and in actual fact, the BBC commissioned Sally Wainwright to write the series

She has a long association with the BBC I think.

Several great drama series on the BBC - Time was a very good one, about a man imprisoned for manslaughter while drunk driving, and  his experience of prison, starring Sean Bean, and written by Jimmy McGovern who also has a long association with the BBC.

The Responder was another excellent series , starring Martin Freeman, about a police officer suffering from  the stress of his job.

I don't think other companies do these things as well as the BBC - Netflix now have many  past BBC dramas.

Andy S

Other companies would have adverts all the way through. Well done to everyone involved  especially the Good old Beeb

filham

Deliberately avoided watching Happy Valley last night in case of interuptions, telephone etc. Will watch on i player tonight so at the moment am trying to avoid reading about the ending.

Snibbo

AJW48361

Fantastic drama and great Acting performances thought Series 1 and 2 were
Superior to series 3 but Brilliant none the less.

HV71

Incredible series. Sarah Lancashire is so amazingly talented - Coronation Street, Last Tango in Halifax , this -  and so unexpectedly- Julia Child !!!!.

Marcel_Gecov

Was excellent though I felt the storyline with the Diazepam dispenser was rushed and seemed to have been created to set up the "There's a grandmother" line...

Other than that it was really enioyable.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I am not sure what is wrong with me and my wife as we gave up on the series early on as we did with the earlier series.
I always thought that Sarah Lancashire was a good actress but she now seems to speak between clenched teeth and dare I say it as a Southerner her accent makes her difficult to understand.
I realise that there are many people out there including contributors to this board who think she is great but we are all entitled to our opinions.

Sammyffc

James Norton is definitely in the running for bond and i must admit, he is one i would happily take.

Fulham 442

Overall I thought it was a great series but I was a bit disappointed with how they seemed to rush through the end storylines regarding the PE teacher and pharmacist though ..

keithh

Sorry, but we tried it a couple of times to no satisfaction & turned it off. The programme was raised in our club & no-one liked it & queried the viewing figures.

HillingdonFFC

Absolutely brilliant, binged all three series in a week. Never really seen much of Sarah Lancashire, remember she was in Coronation street but she fantastic in this, what an actress, can you still say actress?

Woolly Mammoth

Blimey when i saw the headline happy valley, i thought there had been some good news for Charlton Athletic.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bencher

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 06, 2023, 11:51:34 PM
Blimey when i saw the headline happy valley, i thought there had been some good news for Charlton Athletic.

His name is Michael Hector