watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Moussa Dembele contract up in summer

Started by Willham, February 13, 2023, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willham

At 26 he should really be coming to his prime but options seem limited for the man,

Would he be worth a shot to tempt him back to a club he learnt his trade?

With potential European football on offer surely we'd be quite attractive,

And dare I saw it, he would be a striker that could have mitro worried, plus feel he could play on the wings or even drop a little deeper and play behind mitro.

Rumours were Southampton were in for him in January, feel he's better than Southampton, he seems right to be playing in Europe, someone like Tottenham....... Or US!!!!!!

LittleErn

Quote from: Willham on February 13, 2023, 12:27:51 PM
At 26 he should really be coming to his prime but options seem limited for the man,

And dare I saw it, he would be a striker that could have mitro worried, plus feel he could play on the wings or even drop a little deeper and play behind mitro.

Rumours were Southampton were in for him in January, feel he's better than Southampton, he seems right to be playing in Europe, someone like Tottenham....... Or US!!!!!!

I haven't seen much of him lately. Is he really that good still?

We Are Premier League

Would only really be an option if MS says that he could play together with Mitro up front, he would not be interested otherwise.

Feels like a likely Manure target for this summer.

JimOG

Quote from: LittleErn on February 13, 2023, 12:54:26 PM
Quote from: Willham on February 13, 2023, 12:27:51 PM

I haven't seen much of him lately. Is he really that good still?

His recent stats aren't great. In squad 20 times but started only 6 ...2 goals this season...

Motspur Park

Really hope this is one we don't go for.

@jolslover

I would like to see us go for him - big fan

Look at this goal record

Senior career*
Years   Team   Apps   (Gls)
2013–2016   Fulham   56   (15)
2016–2018   Celtic   55   (26)
2018–           Lyon        122  (55)
STH H3

Craven Mad

Would have him in a heartbeat. Genuine competition for Mitro

Carborundum

He's very good indeed and exactly the level of signing we should be looking at.

cmg

Something's gone wrong here.
Highly talented but very raw youngster. His partnership with McCormack was important in saving us that season.
After a slowish start with OL, became one of the top strikers in Ligue 1.
Suddenly stopped scoring, was dropped and failed to impress when making various sub appearances.
Now hugely unpopular in Lyon and thought to be running down contract.

I liked him a lot...but would now have considerable reservations.

Pluto

He'd be perfect for what we need - a different type of striker than Mitro but one that would still work within our system so ideal off the bench to give us another dimension. He also has complementary skills that mean he could play alongside Mitro, or as a wide forward where he can also be dangerous.

Really hope the club are looking at him, especially on a free transfer.

gang

No, 
The pen writes and having written moves on.

Willham

Surprised to see such a mixed bag,

As probably imagined as I started the thread, I'd be right on it, for a free transfer, I couldn't imagine much better, as he's only 26 too, probably not gonna find a better striker without it costing 30 mill, would be hard to tempt with mitro here but as I said, if anyone was good enough to push mitro I believe it could be dembele, could see him, pereira and solomon making a great partnership.

Cambridge Away

He was a nightmare  when he was a happy young man. Now he's a grumpy old(ish) man he's probably much worse. Even if the stats were good there is no way Silva would sign him

Bassey the warrior

It's a yes from me, he can be a game changer.

bill taylors apprentice

Good player with natural goal scoring talent but not for me.
His history strongly suggests to me he is not an easy guy to have around if he's not happy.

mrmicawbers

Yes heard he was a bit of a bad apple as a youngster.Maybe he has matured but sounds like a risk not worth taking.

hopper

Posted this in another thread a while ago, but as someone who watches a lot of Lyon - as they're my second side; it's a big no!

He doesn't seem to have matured, and as a player comes across as only in it for himself - which has been an issue at OL the last few years. A bit like CR7 - he will often take a shot when there are 2 defenders in front of him and a team mate could be played in beside him. Schurrle was another offender of this.

Seems to think he's above most clubs he's played at as well, look at the way in which he left us, then Celtic, and now he is running down his contract at OL - note he also had an unsuccessful loan at Atletico.

His confidence seems low at the moment, a good finisher but not as good a player as he thinks he is. Can't see how he fits in here, and really hope we don't bring him back.

Free Elvis Hammond

He's exactly the sort of player who would be a perfect alternative to Mitrovic - someone who's quick and can run in behind, gives a new dimension to our attack

But that only works if he's willing to compete with Mitro, and will be a positive character in a squad that seems to be really together at the moment...doesn't sound like that's the case

Surlyc

We (as a fanbase) would not even be considering him as a potential signing if it wasn't for his link to us as a successful youth player. There is that emotional pull and a sense of unfinished business because of that link and how he left, but I go back and forth of whether he'd actually be a good signing for us.

If Mitrovic recommits to us in the summer, then we don't need to bring in a player like Dembele. If Mitrovic wants to take his last chance at a realoly big move this summer, then maybe Dembele could be the striker we build around for next season.