https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds FA Cup tickets/expected attendance

Started by COLMAN, February 25, 2023, 09:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

It was pretty nearly full tonight - and well worth the 40 quid

SP

It's a real shame some of our most loyal supporters missed two superb goals tonight for the sake of a few extra £s for the club.

Whitestone

Quote from: Baszab on February 28, 2023, 11:06:38 PM

I'm sure you're right but I reckon it would have been a sell out if the club marketed it correctly.

It was the first time in a few years that I watched a home game on the tv and I can truly say that the the new stand looked spectacular from the riverside shots. Maybe not a perfect performance but a great result nonetheless. Forty quid was wrong. I hope the club listen to the fans.

SP

Quote from: Baszab on February 28, 2023, 11:06:38 PM

Lots of empty seats in the JH Stand.

Whitestone

Quote from: SP on February 28, 2023, 11:09:37 PM
It's a real shame some of our most loyal supporters missed two superb goals tonight for the sake of a few extra £s for the club.

We didn't. We got to watch it on tv, saw all the replays of the goals, enjoyed a great bottle of wine and didn't have a four hour round trip.  It was a novelty for me. You say a few extra quid for the club without considering the financial situation of 'our most loyal supporters' .

cookieg

Clearly the Leeds fans felt £40 a ticket, 500 mile round trip on a Tuesday night and that it was on TV was well worth it. Shame more of our fans didn't think it was.

SP

Quote from: Whitestone on February 28, 2023, 11:22:12 PM

We didn't. We got to watch it on tv, saw all the replays of the goals, enjoyed a great bottle of wine and didn't have a four hour round trip.  It was a novelty for me. You say a few extra quid for the club without considering the financial situation of 'our most loyal supporters' .

I think you've misunderstood my post which was in fact in support of those who couldn't justify paying £40 tonight.

Whitestone

Quote from: cookieg on February 28, 2023, 11:24:03 PM
Clearly the Leeds fans felt £40 a ticket, 500 mile round trip on a Tuesday night and that it was on TV was well worth it. Shame more of our fans didn't think it was.

Seriously? It's a 400 mile round trip from Leeds, not 500, and most Leeds fans there  tonight probably live in London or the Home Counties. Forty quid a ticket for every seat, obviously not including concessions was wrong IMO. The club should have structured pricing differently.

Whitestone

Quote from: SP on February 28, 2023, 11:27:54 PM

I think you've misunderstood my post which was in fact in support of those who couldn't justify paying £40 tonight.

Apologies

cookieg

Quote from: Whitestone on February 28, 2023, 11:35:41 PM

Seriously? It's a 400 mile round trip from Leeds, not 500, and most Leeds fans there  tonight probably live in London or the Home Counties. Forty quid a ticket for every seat, obviously not including concessions was wrong IMO. The club should have structured pricing differently.

400 miles then but they still turned up. And if most of them live in London and the Home Counties then they've got a far longer journey getting to their home games than the vast majority of Fulham fans. But I'm glad you enjoyed your great bottle of wine.

SP

Quote from: Whitestone on February 28, 2023, 11:36:43 PM

Apologies
[/quote]

No worries mate, I hope the win & wine was some consolation.

Whitestone

Quote from: cookieg on February 28, 2023, 11:39:26 PM

400 miles then but they still turned up.

We both know they didn't all come from Leeds/Yorkshire don't we ? Anyway that's not the point is it ? The ground wasn't full tonight. If you don't agree that the club got their pricing wrong perhaps you can give your opinion as to why the attendance was 5000 down on the Wolves game on Friday when there were far fewer away fans in attendance ?

sarnian

Watched it on BBC and it was obviously nowhere near full. Lots of empty seats in JH stand and side sections of the  Hammersmith were empty. Shame as a couple of worldly goals.

Southcoastffc

I was there.  No matter how you dress it up, there was a very healthy attendance. Leeds sold their allocation. Riverside the fullest its been all season (flipping cold and windy in the upper though!), JH and HE end blocks a bit thin but the club will surely, IMO, be pleased with the attendance and income. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AJW48361

I feel families were priced out of it tonight,single with no kids I would've attended.

Roberty

Quote from: Whitestone on February 28, 2023, 11:46:31 PM
Quote from: cookieg on February 28, 2023, 11:39:26 PM

400 miles then but they still turned up.

We both know they didn't all come from Leeds/Yorkshire don't we ? Anyway that's not the point is it ? The ground wasn't full tonight. If you don't agree that the club got their pricing wrong perhaps you can give your opinion as to why the attendance was 5000 down on the Wolves game on Friday when there were far fewer away fans in attendance ?

It could have had something to do with the fact that the Wolves match was on Friday and a lot of people would not have to go to work on the Saturday.

They cannot have got it too wrong as 19,359 turned up

To give £20 off would mean selling 19,359 extra tickets to make the same income
To give £10 off would mean selling 9,680 extra tickets to make the same income

In either case the ground does not have the capacity
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HillingdonFFC

Firstly a few points, Leeds have a massive fan base including thousands who live in the South East. They're also arguably the best supported away club in England, throw in the fact that half of them seem to think their very existence is defined by how many fans they take to away games, then last night was standard
Attendance last night was bulked out with a load of day trippers & tourists. Around 9000 Fulham fans down on last game because many ,myself included couldn't justify £40

Mince n Tatties

What nonsense.
You do realise that some families are struggling financially  at the moment,and it's not just £40 a ticket if you go to games with two children or spouse.
Maybe they not all financially as well off as you.
If Leeds fans get themselves in debt just for a football match who cares.

KJS

Quote from: AJW48361 on March 01, 2023, 02:06:20 AM
I feel families were priced out of it tonight,single with no kids I would've attended.

Families would have not gone even at £20 a ticket as it was on the BBC and it was a school night, good turn out by the Fans considering it was on the TV and great entertainment, fortunately the stay away fans on here were in a minority.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: KJS on March 01, 2023, 07:32:09 AM
Quote from: AJW48361 on March 01, 2023, 02:06:20 AM

Families would have not gone even at £20 a ticket as it was on the BBC and it was a school night, good turn out by the Fans considering it was on the TV and great entertainment, fortunately the stay away fans on here were in a minority.

Sorry? There were 6000 away fans in a crowd of 19,000. Mates who went said there were tourists and Leeds fans everywhere, no doubt the club desperately hawking tickets out
24,500 approx for Wolves with 2200 away fans, thousands stayed away last night. Can't believe people trying to justify the ticket prices, that's why they'll never change