watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Olivier Giroud

Started by Fulham 442, March 03, 2023, 04:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham 442

Just wondered what peoples' thoughts were on here about the rumours linking us with Giroud? 

WindyCity

I've always liked this player, but I guess my first reaction would be why are we going after a mid-30's player whose best years are behind him?  Just like I said regards Willian.

Ha, guess I was wrong about Willian......

H4usuallysitting

He'd be perfect....as a player & a teacher... clever player for the youngster's to learn from

TheCeiling

I've been watching 2-3 AC Milan Champions League games this year, and I remember he looked good, despite his age.
He's a little bit like Mitro in the sense that he knows how to use his big body to link up with players, but also has this great sense of positioning himself at the right areas to score goals. I'd personally rather have a bit more athletic and faster player, like Jimenez from Wolves, but Giroud would be a good option if he can maintain his fitness at a PL level.

filham

Hard to understand why Giround would want to do bench time at the Cottage waiting for Mitro to be injured.

KentFulham

Quote from: filham on March 03, 2023, 04:24:00 PM
Hard to understand why Giround would want to do bench time at the Cottage waiting for Mitro to be injured.

I could see him potentially taking the first team spot with enough challenge

davew

Muniz would be a better long term prospect.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jules

Quote from: davew on March 03, 2023, 06:52:15 PM
Really? I don't see it at all myself.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on March 03, 2023, 06:52:15 PM

He cant get a game in the Championship.

Craven Mad

Giroud is an underrated striker but possibly more of a poacher than we'd need in this system. Still, I'd have him in the squad if he was available at a decent price and think he'd be a great influence in the dressing room.

Speaking of free agents, with Firminho leaving Liverpool this summer, and our Portuguese/Brazilian flair, I think he would fit our system very well if we want a true Mitro challenger.

Bassey the warrior

Top player but he wouldn't come to warm the bench.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Craven Mad on March 03, 2023, 07:17:22 PM
Giroud is an underrated striker but possibly more of a poacher than we'd need in this system. Still, I'd have him in the squad if he was available at a decent price and think he'd be a great influence in the dressing room.

Speaking of free agents, with Firminho leaving Liverpool this summer, and our Portuguese/Brazilian flair, I think he would fit our system very well if we want a true Mitro challenger.

He's not a poacher, he's a similar player to Mitro.

St Eve

I'd take him in a minute. Underrated striker. Would be perfect for us

Twig

Very underrated striker. As to the Muniz better comment, seriously? He's a yes from me.

FulhamKC

He looked pretty darned good in the World Cup. I would welcome him with open arms!

WolverineFFC

Quote from: filham on March 03, 2023, 04:24:00 PM
Maybe he just wants to finish out his career in London and Fulham would provide him the opportunity.

jayffc

The guys 37 this year...

37!

3 years older than Willian and was never blessed with any pace as it was.

Good as he's been it's a no for me, more suited to serie A where the pace is considerably slower.
I'd rather spend the wages and time finding someone who could set us up for next few years rather than a 1 season stop gap.

FulhamKC

Quote from: jayffc on March 03, 2023, 11:42:35 PM
The guys 37 this year...

37!

3 years older than Willian and was never blessed with any pace as it was.

Good as he's been it's a no for me I'd rather spend the wages and time finding someone who could set us up for next few years rather than a 1 season stop gap.

I completely understand your point. But what good striker is going to want to be Mitro's backup? Maybe a guy who is approaching the end of his career and can still play well (see World Cup 2022) is better for us than a young player like Muniz or Vinicius.

DadCreature

Chelsea could sure use him back right now.   Ha ha ha ha.

The Rational Fan

Fulham squad for next season is ok, but it's the oldest squad in the league already and if Tosin, Robinson, Solomon and Harris leave we will have a massive age problem that will hit us at some point. As good as players like Ream,  Cairney, Reid, Kebano and Williams have been this season they will lose their legs soon and be useless. Bring in some 22-26 year olds to refreshen the squad up for the next four seasons, rather than Oliver Giroud.