If anyone else says "Mitrovic must be made an example of"

Started by Nick Bateman, March 21, 2023, 10:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

_Putney_

Blawarmy

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 21, 2023, 10:21:57 PM
I shall physically tear them limb from limb!!
They're going on as though he mauled him like a lion. It's pathetic. I've seen players do the same to refs before and they give them a look and grab a yellow. Ridiculous!

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

Vuk1

fair dinkum i didnt watch the match and after seeing the reaction assumed that Mitro karate chopped the ref to the neck and then body slammed him to the floor. this has all completely gone over the top

Plodder

I am meant to be taking a break from this board, but I'll take the bait, because I think an example is needed.

Mitro must be made an example of. (Although grammatically, I prefer to express it as "An example must be made of Mitrovic").

Pluto

Pathetic hysterical rambling from the has-beens and irrelevant talking heads. As fans we need to be in their mentions at every opportunity calling our their hypocrisy, showing them the evidence and stating the facts (not abuse!)

If every tweet was met with 500 replies from Fulham fans calling them out and laughing at their stupid opinions (as it would be with one of the "big clubs") then they'd soon stop as it wouldn't be worth the effort.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Blawarmy on March 21, 2023, 10:44:56 PM
I've seen players do the same to refs before and they give them a look and grab a yellow. Ridiculous!

True, but it is disgusting that players frequently scream at referees and get away with it. We want a society (or football culture) where everyone is treated with respect regardless of race, sex, orientation, age, religion, and role in society (i.e. being a referee); but when "professional footballers are recorded on television" showing disrespect to referees many people want nothing to be done. As much as you may want it, you cannot have both a football culture that is respectful and a football culture that doesn't punish disrespect. Tough choices must be made, I support punishing 100% of players that disrespect referees instead of the odd example here and there.

Blawarmy

Quote from: The Rational Fan on March 22, 2023, 12:48:18 AM
I've seen players do the same to refs before and they give them a look and grab a yellow. Ridiculous!

True, but it is disgusting that players frequently scream at referees and get away with it. We want a society (or football culture) where everyone is treated with respect regardless of race, sex, orientation, age, religion, and role in society (i.e. being a referee); but when "professional footballers are recorded on television" showing disrespect to referees many people want nothing to be done. As much as you may want it, you cannot have both a football culture that is respectful and a football culture that doesn't punish disrespect. Tough choices must be made, I support punishing 100% of players that disrespect referees instead of the odd example here and there.
I'm not saying it's right. Far from it. Just merely pointing out the way the media are going on about it is ridiculous!

hovewhite

Fed up with it,you'd think he punched him out ridiculous.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Blawarmy on March 22, 2023, 02:53:00 AM

I'm not saying it's right. Far from it. Just merely pointing out the way the media are going on about it is ridiculous!

I've seen a cricket player banned for more than 12 months for doing less. He was yelling at the referee continuously for 10 seconds, pointed at the referee five times, made contact with the referee twice, and didn't stop talking once given a red card. The ridiculous part is aggressively yelling and pointing at the referee normally gets no punishment, but somehow a touch gets a ten match ban.

Woolly Mammoth

Rational Fan i cannot disagree with you.
You are absolutely right. However the authorities should have done this years ago, but they decided to sleep walk through the abyss.
They have now decided to come out of the coma they have been in to suit their narrative, and that will enable the FA the Establishment to throw both Mitro and Fulham FC under the bus.

In the mean time the spoilt millionaire footballers will continue to throw themselves down on the pitch with their screwed up faces  pretending to be hurt, and looking at every opportunity to deceive and influence weak referees.
Sky and bbc will conveniently overlook the obvious, especially when their staff are packed with ex Man U, Liverpool, as well as other favourite big clubs to influence the simpletons and the the pot hunters and the plastic supporters.
The beautiful game has turned ugly and the football authorities have sat on their hands, along with the referees association and have not taken responsibility and therefore you reap what you sow and the FA as is proving once again is not fit for purpose.
It's full of quangos and jobs for the boys hiding behind their emails.
Top of their Agendas at every monthly meeting is what is on the menu at the pre match VIP banquets before each International at Wembley, that is their priority, not grassroots or the remainder of the Football Pyramid, but they have unwittingly created since it replaced the old Division One is a Monster known as the Premier League, and the only beneficiaries are the players, their agents and the big clubs.
At the same time the standard of refereeing has deteriorated year by year and that is no coincidence.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Gloucester White

Rubbish. Why not watch the video of the incident? You will see that Mitro is perfectly calm when talking to the ref for about 20 seconds then explodes. Lip readers say the ref told him to F... off.  Whether or not that is right I don't know, but something the ref said caused Mitro to go off the deep end. Respect is a two-way street.

toshes mate

To have a society that is respectful also means people doing their jobs properly including referees respecting neutrality, equality, integrity and every other person participating.  If an official gets something wrong then they must correct it straight away and if they don't then they forfeit respect.

What integrity do referees have when they patently ignore an obvious foul one moment and then penalise the same foul from someone else the very next.  What respect does that deserve?  Incompetents should not be refereeing period (the fact they are deserves academic study as in we need proper referees and not this bullsh*t).

I will be all ears if the FA would like to go public and say why Luke Shaw was not dismissed by VAR and/or referee for his blatant assault on Mitro in the opening moments of the game.  The FA may then like to explain how they decide what they (through their officials) will ignore (which is of course disrespectful to the victims) and what they will not (which is disrespectful to all of us since it is still ignorance). 

Of course they may say Mitro has form to which we will reply Yes but WHO gave him that form ... QED.

Respect earns respect and is a two way street.  Instead of telling other people how they should behave we should spend more time sorting ourselves out and making sure we know ourselves inside out.  Integrity is a heavy weight to carry and I don't see it in much sport these days at all and so much for respect huh.  Some people talk out the wrong orifice esepcially those who want to sort the world out.   

Finnans Right Peg

Maybe the ref did curse at him but big deal he curses at refs and other players 10 times a game ,so unless the ref said something about his family its no excuse to react like that .

On the other hand he didnt take a lump hammer from his socks and smack the ref ,did he over react ,did he let the team and fans down yes he did ,but no need to crucify him

Andy S

Why are we still bothering to talk about this. The Ref makes his report. His assistants do the same. The fourth official does the same as does the man from the FA who assesses the ref. And an overall decision is made. Punishment is served. Man Utd laugh through to the next round. Somewhere we need to get a grip

bog

On the same day in the Sheff U and Blackburn game a Blade's player took hold of the ref by both his shoulders while fondly delivered his tirade.....no booking.  :022:

092.gif   

shepperton white

What sticks in my craw is this; ok Mitro was stupid and should never did what he did.  Both he and the club will suffer for it both financially and our reputation, but while I expect a load of crap from the press and other clubs fans, the vilification from our own fans is totally unacceptable. That guy almost single handedly blasted us into the Premiership and up to that disaster of a world cup was one of leagues top scorers.
He knows what he did was wrong but he's man enough to take his punishment and he'll (I hope) be better able to control his passion and temper.  So lets give the guy a break and concentrate on the remainder of the season.  Europe may well a pipe dream now but we can still end up in the top half of the Premiership

Blawarmy

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on March 22, 2023, 12:46:47 PM
Maybe the ref did curse at him but big deal he curses at refs and other players 10 times a game ,so unless the ref said something about his family its no excuse to react like that .

On the other hand he didnt take a lump hammer from his socks and smack the ref ,did he over react ,did he let the team and fans down yes he did ,but no need to crucify him
Players don't react like Mitro did for nothing. The ref pushed a button and won Utd the match.

Rightwhite

Quote from: Blawarmy on March 22, 2023, 05:47:37 PM
Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on March 22, 2023, 12:46:47 PM

Players don't react like Mitro did for nothing. The ref pushed a button and won Utd the match.

It's all been blown out of all proportion and the reason is that we are just little old Fulham and therefore an easy player at a club to make an example of. This is the same ref that gave Wet Spam 2 goals courtesy of 2 clear hand ball incidents so he has form with us. And for the record I ain't condoning what Mitro has done
He shouldn't have done it.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 22, 2023, 11:07:29 AM

Rational Fan i cannot disagree with you.
You are absolutely right. However the authorities should have done this years ago, but they decided to sleep walk through the abyss.
They have now decided to come out of the coma they have been in to suit their narrative, and that will enable the FA the Establishment to throw both Mitro and Fulham FC under the bus.

In the mean time the spoilt millionaire footballers will continue to throw themselves down on the pitch with their screwed up faces  pretending to be hurt, and looking at every opportunity to deceive and influence weak referees.
Sky and bbc will conveniently overlook the obvious, especially when their staff are packed with ex Man U, Liverpool, as well as other favourite big clubs to influence the simpletons and the the pot hunters and the plastic supporters.
The beautiful game has turned ugly and the football authorities have sat on their hands, along with the referees association and have not taken responsibility and therefore you reap what you sow and the FA as is proving once again is not fit for purpose.
It's full of quangos and jobs for the boys hiding behind their emails.
Top of their Agendas at every monthly meeting is what is on the menu at the pre match VIP banquets before each International at Wembley, that is their priority, not grassroots or the remainder of the Football Pyramid, but they have unwittingly created since it replaced the old Division One is a Monster known as the Premier League, and the only beneficiaries are the players, their agents and the big clubs.
At the same time the standard of refereeing has deteriorated year by year and that is no coincidence.

Sir Humphrey Appleby would think that football is paradise these days.