watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question

Started by Peabody, March 22, 2023, 08:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

When the decision is made, re Mitro and Marco, will the club have the right to appeal?

jarv

absolutely hope so.  This ref, and many others this season are making a mockery of the game with their dreadful decisions and inability to admit to an error.

No need to go too far back to see Bruno Fernandez attack on a linesman. The evidence is there for all to see. Oh but, manu are one of the big boys, a species to be protected. The referees this season are beginning to remind me of the Andy Johnson diving episodes, many proven to be referee mistakes.

So it goes.

SG

We were supposed to have submitted our written evidence by last night but could request an extension. Don't know if we can request personal hearings or if there is a right to appeal. Natural justice says there should be

Woolly Mammoth

My understanding is that you have the right to appeal any charges brought, providing you respond within a time limit.
You may also ask for a personal hearing.
Apart from the charges towards Mitro and Silva, i expect there will be a club charge for failing to control staff and players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cookieg

One of the things the club should be asking is why this ref was appointed to this game given his shocker at Wet Spam. I've never been big on conspiracy theories but sometimes you do just wonder.

Woolly Mammoth

The FA knew what they were doing, he was appointed to this fixture  to be the spark that lights the fuse.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Peabody

It is difficult to see how Mitro can avoid anything but a lengthy ban. However, the club must re-emphasis our history with this particular referee and ask, who thought it a good idea to allow a ref from Manchester to officiate this game.

jarv

I agree Mr. Peabody but expect they will sweep it through and Fulham left to suffer the consequences of this dreadful referee.

filham

Quote from: cookieg on March 23, 2023, 08:11:47 AM
One of the things the club should be asking is why this ref was appointed to this game given his shocker at Wet Spam. I've never been big on conspiracy theories but sometimes you do just wonder.
No way will the FA respond to that question with any sympathy, it would only antagonise them.

keithh

The FA will respond with FA.

Andy S

It used to be that if the ref didn't see it he couldn't give it. He clearly didn't see it as he gave a corner. He was then surrounded by Man United players and was persuaded to go and look at the monitor. He then pointed to the spot. This does not look like bias to me. However why did we not surround the ref earlier in the game when we should have had a penalty? Now we have been accused of not controlling our players. It seems that Man Utd failed to control their players to gain a penalty. Why are we being charged and not them?

JimOG

Quote from: Andy S on March 23, 2023, 01:41:41 PM
It used to be that if the ref didn't see it he couldn't give it. He clearly didn't see it as he gave a corner. He was then surrounded by Man United players and was persuaded to go and look at the monitor. He then pointed to the spot. This does not look like bias to me. However why did we not surround the ref earlier in the game when we should have had a penalty? Now we have been accused of not controlling our players. It seems that Man Utd failed to control their players to gain a penalty. Why are we being charged and not them?

Good point - can you join our legal team?

alfie

Quote from: Andy S on March 23, 2023, 01:41:41 PM
The ref does not instruct the var ref, it's the other way round the var advise the ref to look.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WindyCity

Additional Question:

A)   Under the bannings, will MS be able to continue coaching the team, practices/training ground?  I assume he will not be able to be on touchline, but will he be able to watch game from the stands?

B)   Will Mitrovic be able to continue practicing/training with the team?

Rupert

Quote from: WindyCity on March 23, 2023, 04:32:39 PM
Additional Question:

A)   Under the bannings, will MS be able to continue coaching the team, practices/training ground?  I assume he will not be able to be on touchline, but will he be able to watch game from the stands?

I believe the answers are yes and yes. Suspensions apply to matches only. Marco can watch from high up in the stands, but the powers that be might frown on him making phone calls to the bench, depending on how subtle he is about it. You often see players serving a suspension watching their teammates play.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

WindyCity

EastEndWhite

Quote from: Rupert on March 23, 2023, 04:56:38 PM
Quote from: WindyCity on March 23, 2023, 04:32:39 PM
Additional Question:

I believe the answers are yes and yes. Suspensions apply to matches only. Marco can watch from high up in the stands, but the powers that be might frown on him making phone calls to the bench, depending on how subtle he is about it. You often see players serving a suspension watching their teammates play.

Is there a possibility Marco could get a stadium ban as part of his punishment?

Rupert

Quote from: EastEndWhite on March 23, 2023, 05:04:16 PM

Is there a possibility Marco could get a stadium ban as part of his punishment?

I don't see how or why that would be justified. To take it to extremes, why would Fulham not then stick him in a trailer outside the ground with full access to all the TV cameras and a hotline to Boa on the bench? The punishment is to be banned from pitch side, not exiled to another continent or forced to report to the local police station just prior to kick off.

filham

Banning a manager from the touchline always seem a futile punishment to me, he can operate quite well from a prime seat in the stand with a mobile phone to his assistant on the touchline.

Rupert

Quote from: filham on March 23, 2023, 07:01:18 PM
Banning a manager from the touchline always seem a futile punishment to me, he can operate quite well from a prime seat in the stand with a mobile phone to his assistant on the touchline.

Yes and no. He can make phone calls, but it is still second-hand directions, mistakes will be made, (send reinforcements, we're going to advance translating into send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance), emphasis put on the wrong word, etc. Also, he is denied actually prowling the technical area and barking out directions immediately he sees something, instead he has to fumble for the phone, hit the right number, hope his assistant is not talking to his Mum, etc. and then wait to see what effect the instructions have before doing it again.
The thing is, modern technology has made it all but impossible to completely isolate the manager from the game, so all the authorities can do is inconvenience him.