Started by fishintheface, March 25, 2023, 07:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: ianthailand on March 26, 2023, 01:13:28 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 26, 2023, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: Takemehome27 on March 26, 2023, 10:20:20 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 25, 2023, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: fishintheface on March 25, 2023, 07:39:48 PM
Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Cobblers fan dropping by in peace.
The subject matter is KB. The lad is a star for us, and our performances are notably worse in his occasional absence. He has really taken to his number 9 solo role, and for a young lad is extremely strong on the ball. I do hope that you do not offer him a new contract at the end of the season, as he seems very settled here, to the point of dashing back from the under21 games to be with our squad. The lad has a big future, hopefully with us.
Thank you for your time.
Last point, to the dude who was shouting at me on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road back in the mid nineties, I was the one that chucked the piece of fish at you, and got you right in the face. No hard feelings mate.  075.gif
you did him like a kipper you could say Lol

Sounds like he got battered
Wrong plaice , wrong time.
Codswallop!

This is beginning to sound just too fishy, but don't be koi, might be a Red Herring in there, someplaice!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

COLMAN

Quote from: Dodgin on March 26, 2023, 01:22:33 PM
I was there, Drove up in my green Ford Zephyr, recall we got away with a goal against us scooped out of the net.

Yes, we had a stroke of luck when our keeper (McClelland) clawed the ball back from, almost, the back of the net. Luckily for us no VAR etc in those days.

fishintheface

Hello again. Cobblers fan back again one last time. The Lad Bowie has been superb all season, with relentless running and enthusiasm, and no lack of effort. He deserves to have the word "promotion" on his CV. From a very happy Cobbler.

bobbo

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 25, 2023, 08:37:37 PMI stood on the old temporary stand on the cricket pitch and nearly fell off when Steve Earle broke away and scored our fourth goal. 4-2.
I have been attending Fulham for over seventy years and that would rank in my top five most memorable matches.
I was there too went in my old fiat 600 it kept overheating . Great result that day .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Quote from: bobbo on May 08, 2023, 06:26:40 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 25, 2023, 08:37:37 PMI stood on the old temporary stand on the cricket pitch and nearly fell off when Steve Earle broke away and scored our fourth goal. 4-2.
I have been attending Fulham for over seventy years and that would rank in my top five most memorable matches.
I was there too went in my old fiat 600 it kept overheating . Great result that day .

That makes two Fiat 600s travelling to Northampton that day!
Quote from: bobbo on May 08, 2023, 06:26:40 PM

ffc73

I think that the fact that the Northampton fans have come on to compliment us on a very promising youngster and we are reminiscing about events that happened when Bowie's parents were children, or not even born, is slightly bewildering.

I hope we have been accessing Bowie's performances and if he is going to make the grade in the top tier we renew his contract. Maybe loaning him back to the Cobblers if they are promoted.

Maidstone Lee

Glad he's had a good season with you, best of luck for next year! What a season you've had.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Thailand Mick

Hes had such a successful season with them and now they go to the next level I see no reason to rock the boat and give them another loan for next season.He will learn far more playing every week in a happy enviroment rather than end up like Muniz who has had a completely wasted year.

The Swan

Steve Earle scored a hat trick. I think
The Swan

hongkongfulham

So pleased to hear this. My dad is also from the Kingdom so I'd love for Keiron to make it in the big time. Hoping he gets playing time in the championship or SPL next year!

Congratulations on your promotion

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: ffc73 on May 08, 2023, 07:53:57 PMI think that the fact that the Northampton fans have come on to compliment us on a very promising youngster and we are reminiscing about events that happened when Bowie's parents were children, or not even born, is slightly bewildering.

And without even acknowledging the guy before doing so.  I would call it rude, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks for the updates fishintheface, they have been much appreciated by at least some of us. And good luck next season!

fishintheface

Good afternoon everybody. Very pleased that the lad Bowie has signed on for another year.
Its good to see from our point of view, and from Fulhams point of view that he can continue to gain experience at our club, especially at a higher level this year. Hopefully we can draw you away in a cup game this coming season, as in the best tradition of Wallace and Gromit, tis a grand day out.
Best wishes for the season.

bencher

Quote from: fishintheface on July 03, 2023, 02:14:44 PMGood afternoon everybody. Very pleased that the lad Bowie has signed on for another year.
Its good to see from our point of view, and from Fulhams point of view that he can continue to gain experience at our club, especially at a higher level this year. Hopefully we can draw you away in a cup game this coming season, as in the best tradition of Wallace and Gromit, tis a grand day out.

Good news for all concerned.
Out of interest, as a forward 5 goals in 40 is not the most prolific return. What would you say is holding him back from scoring more?

Twig

Quote from: Takemehome27 on March 26, 2023, 10:20:20 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on March 25, 2023, 09:24:06 PM
Quote from: fishintheface on March 25, 2023, 07:39:48 PMGood evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Cobblers fan dropping by in peace.
The subject matter is KB. The lad is a star for us, and our performances are notably worse in his occasional absence. He has really taken to his number 9 solo role, and for a young lad is extremely strong on the ball. I do hope that you do not offer him a new contract at the end of the season, as he seems very settled here, to the point of dashing back from the under21 games to be with our squad. The lad has a big future, hopefully with us.
Thank you for your time.
Last point, to the dude who was shouting at me on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road back in the mid nineties, I was the one that chucked the piece of fish at you, and got you right in the face. No hard feelings mate.  075.gif
you did him like a kipper you could say Lol

Sounds like he got battered

There's a time and a plaice for everything.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: fishintheface on July 03, 2023, 02:14:44 PMGood afternoon everybody. Very pleased that the lad Bowie has signed on for another year.

Good to see he's staying with you for another year and experiencing a division above. Best of luck for the season as well.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

cmg

A sensible decision in the best interests of all parties concerned.

Blimey, you don't get many of them to the pound.

hovewhite

What next Stansfield back to Exeter.

Wolf

Bowie will at least be playing at a higher level this season - League One rather than League Two. Although a loan to a different L1 club might have provided a bigger challenge to him.

I can't see Stansfield going back on loan to L1. He may be part of the Fulham first team squad this time around. If not a late loan to a Championship club seems most likely.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

fishintheface

One last visit, the boy Bowie has confirmed that he is leaving the Cobblers at the end of this season. Thanks for two years of quality forward link up play, selfless constant running and effort, from somebody who clearly enjoyed his time with us. We return to you an injury free, Scottish under 21 regular, fans favourite.
As we looked after him so well, do you have any other forwards that may benefit from a season or two with us?
Cheers lads, all the best.

Somerset Fulham

Nice one mate, and good luck to you and your boys in the future.