watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kieron Bowie.

Started by fishintheface, March 25, 2023, 07:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishintheface

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Cobblers fan dropping by in peace.
The subject matter is KB. The lad is a star for us, and our performances are notably worse in his occasional absence. He has really taken to his number 9 solo role, and for a young lad is extremely strong on the ball. I do hope that you do not offer him a new contract at the end of the season, as he seems very settled here, to the point of dashing back from the under21 games to be with our squad. The lad has a big future, hopefully with us.
Thank you for your time.
Last point, to the dude who was shouting at me on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road back in the mid nineties, I was the one that chucked the piece of fish at you, and got you right in the face. No hard feelings mate.  075.gif

filham

Remember my only trip to Northampton years ago when we beat them as part of a Great Escape, Steve Earl was our hero that afternoon with a couple of goals I think.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I stood on the old temporary stand on the cricket pitch and nearly fell off when Steve Earle broke away and scored our fourth goal. 4-2.
I have been attending Fulham for over seventy years and that would rank in my top five most memorable matches.

ffcne

Remember losing in the FA Cup there cannot remember the year.

And did'nt we get the great Terry Terry Terry Angus from Northampton.

Nero

Quote from: fishintheface on March 25, 2023, 07:39:48 PM
The subject matter is KB. The lad is a star for us, and our performances are notably worse in his occasional absence. He has really taken to his number 9 solo role, and for a young lad is extremely strong on the ball. I do hope that you do not offer him a new contract at the end of the season, as he seems very settled here, to the point of dashing back from the under21 games to be with our squad. The lad has a big future, hopefully with us.
Thank you for your time.
Last point, to the dude who was shouting at me on the other side of the Fulham Palace Road back in the mid nineties, I was the one that chucked the piece of fish at you, and got you right in the face. No hard feelings mate.  075.gif

lucky it wasn't a curry the bloke could have ended up in a korma

hovewhite

Thank you for your time.
you did him like a kipper you could say Lol

filham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 25, 2023, 08:37:37 PM
I stood on the old temporary stand on the cricket pitch and nearly fell off when Steve Earle broke away and scored our fourth goal. 4-2.
I have been attending Fulham for over seventy years and that would rank in my top five most memorable matches.
[/quote
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 25, 2023, 08:37:37 PM
Just remembered stopping at a motorway service station for a pee on the way home and had a brief chat wit Bobby Robson who was using the adjacent urinal. Wouldn't happen today, I imagine modern footballers use VIP urinals.

Cambridge Away

"We'll never play you again!!"
Sorry, just joking.
There was a time in the 90s as a youngster that Northampton was my most visited away ground. Was a good place to go for a match at a new ground (when there were less of them around) and it was good to see the all the people moving around outside up on the hill (mostly as the game started and finished).
There was once a game that had to be stopped to fill in a hole in the pitch left from the rugby posts (was it Tony Lange or Jim Stannard that almost sunk into it?).
Yeah, Terry Angus was a proper midland lad. Except for his few years with us. There is a meet and greet with him tomorrow at the cottage for anyone who is around.

fishintheface

Quote from: Cambridge Away on March 25, 2023, 11:34:05 PM
Yeah, Terry Angus was a proper midland lad. Except for his few years with us. There is a meet and greet with him tomorrow at the cottage for anyone who is around.
Terry Angus is an occasional match summariser on BBC Radio Northampton. His enthusiam knows no bounds.
The night in 2010 when we went up to Anfield and dumped Liverpool out of the cup, Five Live switched their schedule to Radio Northampton commentary, and I am assured that he was shouting and screaming into the microphone. Someone give him a nudge at your meet n greet, he will recall it.  See you all around.

COLMAN

Quote from: filham on March 25, 2023, 08:17:41 PM
Remember my only trip to Northampton years ago when we beat them as part of a Great Escape, Steve Earl was our hero that afternoon with a couple of goals I think.

Steve Earle scored a hat trick, Bobby Robson got the other. Score was 4-2 and so we were rescued from relegation.

Takemehome27

Quote from: hovewhite on March 25, 2023, 09:24:06 PM
Thank you for your time.

Sounds like he got battered

sunburywhite

I was there as well with my Dad

Thats 4 of the crowd now known
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

Quote from: sunburywhite on March 26, 2023, 11:39:23 AM

I was there as well with my Dad

Thats 4 of the crowd now known

So was I with my Dad and his friend so that makes it 7.

Allan Clarke played one of his early games that long gone day. Steve Earle 3 and Graham Legget.   :54: 049:gif   

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Excuse my correction Bog but it was Earle 3 and Robson.
Leggat was waiting for the pass when Earle went it alone to complete his hat trick.

Returning to Keiron Bowie although I have never seen him play he appears more physically suited to make a striker than Stansfield.

northamptonsteve

Starman is having a great season and well thought of in Northampton, wouldn't be a bad idea to extend the loan for another season hopefully playing in DIV 1, hopefully against QPR!  064.gif

Lytton

Make that 8 attendees.  Up there with Juventus and Hamburg (on my birthday!) as my three favourites.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Takemehome27 on March 26, 2023, 10:20:20 AM
Thank you for your time.

Wrong plaice , wrong time.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bog

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on March 26, 2023, 12:14:46 PM
Excuse my correction Bog but it was Earle 3 and Robson.
Leggat was waiting for the pass when Earle went it alone to complete his hat trick.

Returning to Keiron Bowie although I have never seen him play he appears more physically suited to make a striker than Stansfield.

I stand corrected! Old fool syndrome. Exactly. I recall Graham as you say. 

ianthailand

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 26, 2023, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: Takemehome27 on March 26, 2023, 10:20:20 AM
Thank you for your time.

Wrong plaice , wrong time.
Codswallop!

Dodgin

I was there, Drove up in my green Ford Zephyr, recall we got away with a goal against us scooped out of the net.