watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Start Cairney on Saturday

Started by perry geyton, April 06, 2023, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCBadger

Understand the call here but I'd prefer a more proactive Silva with subs.
Cairney for Pereira at 60 if we need to, not 80

St Eve

Pereira has to play. Vinicius will be up front. The real question is which two do we play out of Willian, Solomon and BDR

filham

Quote from: perry geyton on April 06, 2023, 11:25:35 PM
Quote from: filham on April 06, 2023, 09:12:19 PMYes , I really would like to see Cairney playing a part in the match , probably best to bring him on  at half time when hammers have tired a little and he only has to play 45 minutes. Also important he has real pace from players in front of him so Solomon and James should be considered.

James ? Not sure what he has to offer
The myth that TC only has 45 mins in him baffles me too
[/quoteNot sue that Cairne
Quote from: perry geyton on April 06, 2023, 11:25:35 PM
Quote from: filham on April 06, 2023, 09:12:19 PMYes , I really would like to see Cairney playing a part in the match , probably best to bring him on  at half time when hammers have tired a little and he only has to play 45 minutes. Also important he has real pace from players in front of him so Solomon and James should be considered.

James ? Not sure what he has to offer
The myth that TC only has 45 mins in him baffles me too

Cairny has recently returned from injury and has not yet played a full 90 minutes, James has pure raw pace and shoul be able to make the best use of Cairney's acrate passing.

Mr White

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 07, 2023, 07:13:06 AM

We have to hit West Ham hard from the start.
A fast tempo and put them out if their stride.
No fannying around at the back playing in our own half with slow boring build ups, that won't hurt anyone, plus it allows West Ham to build confidence and get back behind the ball keeping balance and shape.
Passing side ways and backwards in our own half is futile as in the first place we are not very good at it, and in the second place we need to score first as we are not particularly good at chasing a game.

West Ham need this more than us.I'm all for starting fast but if we get caught on the break,Bowen comes to mind he's fast, they will just sit on it and try and pick us off.If we get the first goal we can dictate the match.All sounds easy doesn't it.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mr White on April 07, 2023, 11:27:58 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 07, 2023, 07:13:06 AM

We have to hit West Ham hard from the start.
A fast tempo and put them out if their stride.
No fannying around at the back playing in our own half with slow boring build ups, that won't hurt anyone, plus it allows West Ham to build confidence and get back behind the ball keeping balance and shape.
Passing side ways and backwards in our own half is futile as in the first place we are not very good at it, and in the second place we need to score first as we are not particularly good at chasing a game.

West Ham need this more than us.I'm all for starting fast but if we get caught on the break,Bowen comes to mind he's fast, they will just sit on it and try and pick us off.If we get the first goal we can dictate the match.All sounds easy doesn't it.
Yes, Bowen v Antonee should be a good contest.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

TC's Sporran

Quote from: JimmyConway on April 07, 2023, 07:59:06 AMPersonal opinion but think we are weaker by starting Cairney in most premier league games. More influential type coming on in second half. Just think he is more than a yard too slow at this level and the likes of Rice would eat him alive if he started tomorrow. I like Cairney but at the top table time and a place.

can you tell me which games you have been watching where cairney is more than a yard too slow? i have actually seen him race away from players in bursting runs that i didnt think he was capable of. and the first yard is in his head. it baffles me how he doesnt start this season because every time he has come on he has impressed. even got man of the match coming on at half time. actually it doesnt baffle me. silva is very set in his ways to the point of stubborness. its great when its working but at previous clubs when it goes wrong he refuses to change things.  if you keep the ball and have more possession there is less need for "the press".  its a shame because tc wont come on till 70-75 mins. if its going so so he wont come on till 90th minute. is i were tom i'd be off this summer despite his obvious love for the club. and the local coffee shop parking.

perry geyton

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 07, 2023, 08:28:58 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 07, 2023, 07:57:36 AMIf we are to start fast, which 2 of these 3 players would be preferable to achieve that: Cairney, Pereira, Reed,?  And as for the frankly laughable notion that Pereira doesn't do enough and 'his stats aren't up to much' the BBC say today " Andreas Pereira has created 58 chances in the Premier League this season, already the fifth-highest total for a Fulham player on record in a single campaign (since 2003-04)."

Pereira's work rate is phenomenal and his high press is vital.
Let Reed and Joa do the pressing whilst TC pulls the strings,

Asotosyios

Quote from: TC's Sporran on April 07, 2023, 06:26:57 PM
Quote from: JimmyConway on April 07, 2023, 07:59:06 AMPersonal opinion but think we are weaker by starting Cairney in most premier league games. More influential type coming on in second half. Just think he is more than a yard too slow at this level and the likes of Rice would eat him alive if he started tomorrow. I like Cairney but at the top table time and a place.

can you tell me which games you have been watching where cairney is more than a yard too slow? i have actually seen him race away from players in bursting runs that i didnt think he was capable of. and the first yard is in his head. it baffles me how he doesnt start this season because every time he has come on he has impressed. even got man of the match coming on at half time. actually it doesnt baffle me. silva is very set in his ways to the point of stubborness. its great when its working but at previous clubs when it goes wrong he refuses to change things.  if you keep the ball and have more possession there is less need for "the press".  its a shame because tc wont come on till 70-75 mins. if its going so so he wont come on till 90th minute. is i were tom i'd be off this summer despite his obvious love for the club. and the local coffee shop parking.

That's a bit dramatic now, isn't it?

I am sure Silva has spoken to Cairney about his role and he has accepted it. He's been with us for a long time, apparently loves the club and hopefully he can finish his career here.