more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Start Cairney on Saturday

Started by perry geyton, April 06, 2023, 03:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perry geyton

No brainer
We clearly need a change as currently things aren't quite working, I think West Ham is the perfect game to start his run of form till the end of the season....

ex-Pat

No thanks..

Twig

I think there's a case for this but instead of who, Reed or Pereira?

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on April 06, 2023, 05:44:30 PMI think there's a case for this but instead of who, Reed or Pereira?

Pereira

filham

Yes , I really would like to see Cairney playing a part in the match , probably best to bring him on  at half time when hammers have tired a little and he only has to play 45 minutes. Also important he has real pace from players in front of him so Solomon and James should be considered.

Whitestone

I'd be surprised if Cairney starts and I doubt it would be for Pereira if he did. More likely Reed, but still unlikely IMO. Even then there is an argument for Lukic to start over Reed. He's a superior ball carrier and more creative without the same dynamism.

Pereira is so important for our press. I can't see Silva benching him.
It's a tough one because Cairney offers so much and I can understand the calls for him to start. He's a great option from the bench, albeit there have been times when Silva could've/should've brought him on earlier. Not sure why he waited until the 69th minute against Bournemouth when we were crying out for him when we lost control of the half early on.

perry geyton

Quote from: filham on April 06, 2023, 09:12:19 PMYes , I really would like to see Cairney playing a part in the match , probably best to bring him on  at half time when hammers have tired a little and he only has to play 45 minutes. Also important he has real pace from players in front of him so Solomon and James should be considered.

James ? Not sure what he has to offer
The myth that TC only has 45 mins in him baffles me too

perry geyton

Quote from: Whitestone on April 06, 2023, 10:24:46 PMI'd be surprised if Cairney starts and I doubt it would be for Pereira if he did. More likely Reed, but still unlikely IMO. Even then there is an argument for Lukic to start over Reed. He's a superior ball carrier and more creative without the same dynamism.

It's a tough one because Cairney offers so much and I can understand the calls for him to start. He's a great option from the bench, albeit there have been times when Silva could've/should've brought him on earlier. Not sure why he waited until the 69th minute against Bournemouth when we were crying out for him when we lost control of the half early on.

Personally I think Pereira is good but slightly overrated

His stats aren't the greatest reading other then dead ball situations

LC

West Ham are struggling at the moment. I'm a fan of Reed, but I would start Cairney over him for this one and have a real go at them

Mr White

Quote from: LC on April 07, 2023, 12:06:16 AMWest Ham are struggling at the moment. I'm a fan of Reed, but I would start Cairney over him for this one and have a real go at them

Sounds reasonable,if it doesn't work bring Reed on later

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on April 06, 2023, 11:27:11 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on April 06, 2023, 10:24:46 PMI'd be surprised if Cairney starts and I doubt it would be for Pereira if he did. More likely Reed, but still unlikely IMO. Even then there is an argument for Lukic to start over Reed. He's a superior ball carrier and more creative without the same dynamism.

Personally I think Pereira is good but slightly overrated

His stats aren't the greatest reading other then dead ball situations

But Pereira presses the ball like no other.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on April 06, 2023, 05:44:30 PMI think there's a case for this but instead of who, Reed or Pereira?

Play all 4 and pack the midfield with plenty of traffic.
Rice will pose a threat still.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on April 06, 2023, 11:25:35 PM
Quote from: filham on April 06, 2023, 09:12:19 PMYes , I really would like to see Cairney playing a part in the match , probably best to bring him on  at half time when hammers have tired a little and he only has to play 45 minutes. Also important he has real pace from players in front of him so Solomon and James should be considered.

James ? Not sure what he has to offer
The myth that TC only has 45 mins in him baffles me too

Correct

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: perry geyton on April 06, 2023, 03:20:09 PMNo brainer
We clearly need a change as currently things aren't quite working, I think West Ham is the perfect game to start his run of form till the end of the season....

Yes it makes sense and we have nothing to lose at this stage of proceedings apart fr three points.
Either West Ham will be dangerous and a wounded animal, or they will be lacking confidence, shell  shocked and nervous, and i hope they keep the same goalkeeper as he and his defence do not appear to be on the same wave length.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

We have to hit West Ham hard from the start.
A fast tempo and put them out if their stride.
No fannying around at the back playing in our own half with slow boring build ups, that won't hurt anyone, plus it allows West Ham to build confidence and get back behind the ball keeping balance and shape.
Passing side ways and backwards in our own half is futile as in the first place we are not very good at it, and in the second place we need to score first as we are not particularly good at chasing a game.

Never forget your Roots.

Southcoastffc

If we are to start fast, which 2 of these 3 players would be preferable to achieve that: Cairney, Pereira, Reed,?  And as for the frankly laughable notion that Pereira doesn't do enough and 'his stats aren't up to much' the BBC say today " Andreas Pereira has created 58 chances in the Premier League this season, already the fifth-highest total for a Fulham player on record in a single campaign (since 2003-04)."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JimmyConway

Personal opinion but think we are weaker by starting Cairney in most premier league games. More influential type coming on in second half. Just think he is more than a yard too slow at this level and the likes of Rice would eat him alive if he started tomorrow. I like Cairney but at the top table time and a place.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 07, 2023, 07:57:36 AMIf we are to start fast, which 2 of these 3 players would be preferable to achieve that: Cairney, Pereira, Reed,?  And as for the frankly laughable notion that Pereira doesn't do enough and 'his stats aren't up to much' the BBC say today " Andreas Pereira has created 58 chances in the Premier League this season, already the fifth-highest total for a Fulham player on record in a single campaign (since 2003-04)."

Pereira's work rate is phenomenal and his high press is vital.

Never forget your Roots.

southwest6

Love Cairney as much as anyone but I think a lot of people on this forum don't fully appreciate the off the ball work of Reed and Pereira. The energy and pressing they bring to the side cannot be understated. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: southwest6 on April 07, 2023, 08:54:46 AMLove Cairney as much as anyone but I think a lot of people on this forum don't fully appreciate the off the ball work of Reed and Pereira. The energy and pressing they bring to the side cannot be understated. 

Correct

Never forget your Roots.