watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Appeals

Started by Ludlow Richard, April 19, 2023, 12:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

Interesting to see today that John Yems' 17 month ban from football for using racist language has been reviewed by an independent panel after an FA appeal. The FA appealed on the grounds that a 17 month ban was "clearly insufficient". The panel has now increased the ban to three years, so the ban has been more than doubled.

Has anything been heard whether the FA will be appealing against Mitro's ban? They indicated that they would be appealing, subject to seeing the independent review's reasons for awarding an 8 match ban. But silence since the announcement of that ban.

Notable that the words "clearly insufficient" have been used by the FA in both the Yems case and Mitro's case. I wonder if they will challenge any decision (when it is eventually made) on Mr Toney but if they do they will no doubt say the decision is too severe......

Lighthouse

I thought Mitro's appeal was Friday but I don't know for sure. I think the problem the FA have is that Fulham could go to court and appeal that  all the players who have had similar offences and haven't had such harsh suspensions let alone wanting even harsher ones.

But the game, and there is no getting away from this. Our game is so clearly poorly run and borders on the corrupt that a player playing for Fulham is not treated the same as a player playing in a bigger club. If the appeal by the FA wins and Mitro is given a longer ban than I see no point in supporting a game that is beyond corrupt at World level with World Cup back handers but clearly corrupt at national level.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Oh dear , just possible that Mitro's punishment could carry over into next Season.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: filham on April 19, 2023, 02:02:22 PMOh dear , just possible that Mitro's punishment could carry over into next Season.
If so Toney should miss all of next season!?

SP

Perhaps Mitro's trip to the dog track last night was part of his punishment!

AJW48361

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on April 19, 2023, 12:01:00 PMInteresting to see today that John Yems' 17 month ban from football for using racist language has been reviewed by an independent panel after an FA appeal. The FA appealed on the grounds that a 17 month ban was "clearly insufficient". The panel has now increased the ban to three years, so the ban has been more than doubled.

Has anything been heard whether the FA will be appealing against Mitro's ban? They indicated that they would be appealing, subject to seeing the independent review's reasons for awarding an 8 match ban. But silence since the announcement of that ban.

Notable that the words "clearly insufficient" have been used by the FA in both the Yems case and Mitro's case. I wonder if they will challenge any decision (when it is eventually made) on Mr Toney but if they do they will no doubt say the decision is too severe......

Colton F.C.

Also outstanding is the small matter of the 100 odd charges of financial irregularities faced by Manchester City.  This article reveals that it will take four years to reach a conclusion.

https://www.cityam.com/manchester-city-face-wait-until-2027-for-punishment-in-premier-league-dispute/

Unlikely to see police rooting in the garden sheds of the Etihad any time soon.