watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Man U Shambles

Started by Dodgin, April 20, 2023, 09:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Pretty dreaful performance tonight, will have the eye on some strikers.

SP

Would love to see Brighton thrash them on Sunday.

Brighton fans are disappointed Maguire will be suspended!

Steeeeeeeeeed

Maguire really is something

Somerset Fulham

I'm not sure that Maguire was the problem tonight.

de Gea though, he must be finished.

Bassey the warrior

My favourite German word is schadenfreude and it definitely applied here. Shame De Gea didn't play that way against us, I remember him making an outstanding save from a Mitro header at 1-0.

Blawarmy

That Anthony has blatantly booted 2 players in frustration now and I guarantee If he played for Fulham, he would have seen red.

toshes mate

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 21, 2023, 12:26:29 AMMy favourite German word is schadenfreude and it definitely applied here. Shame De Gea didn't play that way against us, I remember him making an outstanding save from a Mitro header at 1-0.
There's more to come for both United and the FA as life plays out its game of 'do you really think you can get away with that?'.

Mr White

Lovely to see they're massive cock up after we handed them a fa semi final.
Come on Brighton rub it in .

Sgt Fulham

Love to see it! Would love to see Brighton smash them in the semis.

southwest6

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 20, 2023, 10:16:14 PMI'm not sure that Maguire was the problem tonight.

Generally agree. I saw G Nev try defend Maguire on that occasion, though for me the blame does lie with Maguire as he clearly asked for the ball to be played. The pass was on and a better ball playing centre half/midfielder would have most likely gotten out of that situation.

That said, De Gea the last few years makes mistake after mistake. He has games where he is genuine world class but his decision making, especially with the ball at his feet, is really poor.

I hope Maguire leaves Utd as he is not a bad footballer and could finish his career on a high note. We all like to laugh at players because they earn so much ££ or whatever the arguments are, but I genuinely feel bad for him. It takes a lot of courage for Maguire to come out on the pitch every time as he very well knows that 99% of footballing fans want him to fail. His treatment is a bit sad, especially in a time where we are a bit more aware of mental health. I suppose it's football after all, and I am all for the banter and edge on the terraces, but I can't help but feel sorry for Maguire. Perhaps i'm a bit soft today.

alfie

Quote from: southwest6 on April 21, 2023, 08:35:25 AM
Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 20, 2023, 10:16:14 PMI'm not sure that Maguire was the problem tonight.

Generally agree. I saw G Nev try defend Maguire on that occasion, though for me the blame does lie with Maguire as he clearly asked for the ball to be played. The pass was on and a better ball playing centre half/midfielder would have most likely gotten out of that situation.

That said, De Gea the last few years makes mistake after mistake. He has games where he is genuine world class but his decision making, especially with the ball at his feet, is really poor.

I hope Maguire leaves Utd as he is not a bad footballer and could finish his career on a high note. We all like to laugh at players because they earn so much ££ or whatever the arguments are, but I genuinely feel bad for him. It takes a lot of courage for Maguire to come out on the pitch every time as he very well knows that 99% of footballing fans want him to fail. His treatment is a bit sad, especially in a time where we are a bit more aware of mental health. I suppose it's football after all, and I am all for the banter and edge on the terraces, but I can't help but feel sorry for Maguire. Perhaps i'm a bit soft today.

Every team has a player that is singled out for some nasty treatment whether they deserve it or not, once that happens that player suddenly becomes the fault of everything that goes wrong. Harry Maguire is a dam good footballer, just in the wrong team, I would happily see him at Fulham.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

bog

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on April 21, 2023, 12:26:29 AMMy favourite German word is schadenfreude and it definitely applied here. Shame De Gea didn't play that way against us, I remember him making an outstanding save from a Mitro header at 1-0.

Yes so do I. And another from Willian earlier. At Brentford he had an absolute stinker but never v us. 

::oldgit::

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: southwest6 on April 21, 2023, 08:35:25 AM

I also thought he'd signalled for it to be passed to him, glad it's not just me. He should've had the awareness to know he was being pressed and shouldn't receive the ball, however De Gea should take the bulk of the blame, as he could see all three players pressing Maguire and still played the pass.

HobGoblin

Love seeing that lot lose, long may it continue.

Somerset Fulham

I agree with South West 6 and Alfie re Magquire generally.  He is an excellent, excellent centre half and he has done brilliantly well to get back into fist team contention even if injuries have helped him.

But he will always be looked on at United for errors. If he were to leave, outside of Man City I would imagine he could have his pick of Premier League clubs to go to.

I also feel a bit sorry for the guy in this respect.