watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Leeds

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 22, 2023, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and White Town

No idea where 8 minutes added time came from!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Black and White Town on April 22, 2023, 03:14:34 PMNo idea where 8 minutes added time came from!
I was at the game and very surprised it was only 8.  Hard to remember a game with more stoppages. Physios on and off like a fiddlers elbow.  That  plus subs.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bal_13

Quote from: WindyCity on April 22, 2023, 03:08:37 PMStill puzzled as to why Solomon getting short end of the stick.  I think he's quality, and it even showed in his cameo today.  Something must be going on behind the scenes?

Agree he looks utter quality when trying to beat his man and go direct (which he tried 2-3 times). But I remember he tried to do that towards the end of the match on the right, near their penalty area, lost the ball and it led to a Leeds break, which at 2-1 without much time left wasn't the smartest - just a case of a young player needing to read the match situation.

I'd imagine that's the sort of stuff that would drive Silva mad when this year we've been usually very streetwise at playing out the end of games.

No idea on any behind the scenes situation - I think Silva just has two very in-form players in Willian and Wilson so hard to justify dropping either right now.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

My theory on Solomon is quite simply that we are aware he will not be staying with us next season and for that reason he is not getting the playing time that he was.
Also it was interesting that had Bamford's effort not been diverted it would have slipped past the post rather than being diverted in.
There was a good end-on TV view which clearly showed the path of the ball.

hovewhite

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 22, 2023, 03:34:41 PMMy theory on Solomon is quite simply that we are aware he will not be staying with us next season and for that reason he is not getting the playing time that he was.
Also it was interesting that had Bamford's effort not been diverted it would have slipped past the post rather than being diverted in.
that's my thinking,also think his agent has another club lined up for him.

TheCeiling

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on April 22, 2023, 03:34:41 PMMy theory on Solomon is quite simply that we are aware he will not be staying with us next season and for that reason he is not getting the playing time that he was.
I highly doubt this is the reason he's not getting minutes. There was no any reason why he wouldn't stay with us until these last two games where he rarely got minutes. For me it looks more like the club makes an effort to not getting him in form because that's increases his market value.

Deeping_white

Why would we not play someone because they're potentially leaving? Silva is a football manager and his job is to get the most points he can, so he's not going to bench a decent player because he might not be a Fulham player next season - also not a great way to try and keep him if you're not playing him

Somerset Fulham

I sense yet another famous FoF conspiriacy theory being born right here.

Silva continued to play Fabio last season when we knew for absolute certain that he was leaving.

WindyCity

Quote from: hovewhite on April 22, 2023, 03:53:19 PM
that's my thinking,also think his agent has another club lined up for him.

IDK, it's hard for me to buy this.  Just look at last season and the play and use of Carvalho, even though it was a foregone conclusion he would be leaving.  He played very well and major contributor in the team promotion.  I still like Solomon a lot, but have to figure there might be other reasons he is not getting playing time, or it could just be that MS prefers Willian and Wilson at this time. 

Whitestone

Quote from: WindyCity on April 22, 2023, 03:08:37 PMStill puzzled as to why Solomon getting short end of the stick.  I think he's quality, and it even showed in his cameo today.  Something must be going on behind the scenes?
Willian is the reason. Both are left wingers. Nothing sinister IMO.

Caedal

Usually I give Tosin a bit of a hard time, but I thought he was excellent today.
We played in second gear pretty much the entire game and I was a bit surprised that Leeds didn't try to up the intensity to exploit that.
Willian was good, and everyone else was ok overall.
I actually think this time without Mitro can help us in the long run. Getting us back to varying our attacking play, rather than lumping balls into the box.
Tough game midweek for us, but we're playing better than we were a couple of weeks ago

Whitestone

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on April 22, 2023, 03:03:26 PMI didn't see an issue with Jao either?  Thought he was very good at doing what he does.
The early booking held him back IMO. We haven't seen the best of him for a few games now. That said, he's still some player when a bit below par.

filham

Quote from: Black and White Town on April 22, 2023, 03:14:34 PMNo idea where 8 minutes added time came from!
Trainer was on the pitch a few times and there were lots of substitutions, I think nine minutes were actually played.
All very tense with those late Leeds corners ,I was half expecting a 99th minute Leeds eqialiser.

WindyCity

Quote from: filham on April 22, 2023, 04:11:35 PM
Trainer was on the pitch a few times and there were lots of substitutions, I think nine minutes were actually played.
All very tense with those late Leeds corners ,I was half expecting a 99th minute Leeds eqialiser.

Yeah, that's always the danger when you have just a one goal lead.  Tough break on the own-goal.  Very nervous those last few minutes.

SP

I enjoyed the company of an extremely p*ssed off Ch*lsea fan on the train home, made my day even better.

WindyCity

Quote from: SP on April 22, 2023, 04:22:06 PMI enjoyed the company of an extremely p*ssed off Ch*lsea fan on the train home, made my day even better.

Ha.  Nice.  Todays' win leaves us 6 points clear of that lot down the road......

SP

Quote from: WindyCity on April 22, 2023, 04:25:12 PM
Quote from: SP on April 22, 2023, 04:22:06 PMI enjoyed the company of an extremely p*ssed off Ch*lsea fan on the train home, made my day even better.

Ha.  Nice.  Todays' win leaves us 6 points clear of that lot down the road......

I'm sure he was trying to think of something smart to say about FFC but with the season they're having he probably couldn't think of anything. I was hoping he'd say something as I wanted to say what a great achievement it would be for us to finish above Brentford.

SP

Another double to add to our collection.

KJS

We don't see training everyday so let's let Marco decide over playing Willian and Manor😁

Al-Fayed

Willian was a class apart. Tete played well and Tosin for 70 minutes, after which the defence just starting hoofing the ball clear, Championship style. Vinicius is really frustrating to watch.