watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

POST MATCH: Leeds

Started by Friendsoffulham, April 22, 2023, 02:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

All post match Leeds reactions here please.

Friendsoffulham

All Post Match Leeds reactions here please

Sgt Fulham

Showing that we can compete and win relatively comfortably without Mitro is so important. Goof stuff lads.

Snibbo

Tosin and Tete top class. Ream as always. Willian a class apart. Harry very good in patches.

Palhina seems to have his mind on his next transfer

Great break by Robinson.

RaySmith

Very good, professional performance - we upped the intensity in the 2nd half, and Leeds couldn't cope with our pace and fast passing skill, though I feared they might get another after scoring, but defence was very good and well organised.

Well done the team for coming back after the poor run, especially since we look pretty safe, but unlikely for Europe.

Somerset Fulham

Funny old game really.  Didn't actually break a sweat, should have been further clear and yet Leeds were never totally out of it.  Vinny looked good when he came on but the standout was obviously our ancient Brazillian, he is quite, quite brilliant.

As the Sarge says, we seem to finding a way without Mitro which bodes very well.

On to Villa.

jarv

SanFranFulhamfan

Great game. Glad we came out firing in the 2nd half. Wilson and Tete were stellar today.

SerbianLad

Decent enough performance and three points (we're now ahead of Brentford btw with same number of games played).

Tete, Wilson, Willian and Tosin were both excellent, but my MOTM goes to Robinson. Was really solid defensively and finally put in a good cross, which immediately resulted in a goal for us. Good to see Kebano back.

Twig

How good is Willian! What he can do at his age, just incredible.  Some good performances although I would like to have seen more intensity in the first half. Slightly concerned about Palhinha, obviously still a good player and important for us but just not quite as sharp as he was earlier in the season.

SanFranFulhamfan

Quote from: Twig on April 22, 2023, 02:41:29 PMHow good is Willian! What he can do at his age, just incredible.  Some good performances although I would like to have seen more intensity in the first half. Slightly concerned about Palhinha, obviously still a good player and important for us but just not quite as sharp as he was earlier in the season.

I agree. I just think he has so many mins this year and work rate is always so high every match that it's catching up with him.

WhiteJC

really pleased to see Kebano back  ::scarf::

Drewry66

Much better second half. Made it difficult conceding that goal as far too much time to cross on the left but controlled it really well after that. Tosin is on fire at he mo...immense again. Fingers crossed he signs a new contract but if not at least he's massively upped his value in the last month. Wilson excellent again and great finish. As someone else said huge for next season for him to prove he can do it at this level which I am sure he can. Another top right winger for competition and looking good there. Willian man of the match.

We were by far the better team so would have been criminal not to get the 3.

My only concern is Solomon. Got to be looking to keep him as he's gonna be class but ain't gonna want to stay if he's not playing. Perhaps keeping him out the shop window? Got to manage that situation carefully but can't drop Willian on form and both much better left. Think he's got to give him more minutes however to keep him happy.

Anyway, top of the west London table again. Get in!!! ::scarf::

Lighthouse

I said it was a difference between two keepers. Then they scored and made the match more uncomfortable than it should have been. But up until that we looked comfortable enough. Odd playing ok and still far better than the opposition in a Prem Match.

A bit puzzled how Leeds had ten men on the pitch but that was probably me being biased. All in all two wins in consecutive games isn't bad. Now are we safe from relegation yet.  :023:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

heylookitsjacob

Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm from america and have followed Fulham ever since Brian McBride played in London.

Thought this was Robinson's best game for fulham in ages, on both sides of the ball. Willian, Tete, Wilson all deserve accolades as well. Heck, thought everyone played pretty well.

Deeping_white

The goal frame was better for stopping shots than their keeper was I think. Good performance and kept them at arms length for pretty much the whole game. Not sure about the comments on Palhinha, he was everywhere once again as usual making tackles and breaking up play. His yellow card was a joke, how Leeds didn't get more than they did is also a mystery.

Leeds are rubbish though - make 3/4 passes and then hoof it long into the channels where nobody can get to it. Why they didn't start Gnonto and Sinisterra is a mystery to me but I think it made our lives easier, they were very slow and one dimensional.

Tactically I think we got it pretty spot on too, Bobby struggled at times but the interplay when it clicked was too much for Leeds to deal with. All of a sudden our winger depth looks quite tasty with Solomon and Kebano on the bench. A few upgrades in the summer to the squad and we could be cooking

Somerset Fulham

I didn't see an issue with Jao either?  Thought he was very good at doing what he does.

Black and White Town

Decent match, probably should have scored more, but happy overall. Willian is amazing, great to see Wilson playing well. Even Vinicious was good.

WindyCity

Wasn't pretty, but it was three points!!  Well done lads!  FFC has had a good season, and shown to be a good team.  This is what good teams do, win games like this, kind of muddled up game by both sides. 

WindyCity

Still puzzled as to why Solomon getting short end of the stick.  I think he's quality, and it even showed in his cameo today.  Something must be going on behind the scenes?