watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Manchester United

Started by SerbianLad, May 04, 2023, 10:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SerbianLad

Good on Brighton for getting one over them. Arrogant club, both on and off the field, both players and fans. Wouldn't it be nice (and I know it's pretty unlikely) if neither one of them and Liverpool finished top 4 and Brighton did?

It would be quite poetic if we denied them CL football in the final day of the season with a goal or two from Mitro.

SuffolkWhite

Brighton have been hard done by  from var decisions this season, it's almost like the authorities don't want the smaller clubs to succeed
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

SerbianLad

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 04, 2023, 11:07:21 PMBrighton have been hard done by  from var decisions this season, it's almost like the authorities don't want the smaller clubs to succeed
In my opinion, whoever believes big club bias doesn't exist should think again. Liverpool and Manchester United in particular get a lot of decisions go their way that shouldn't.

Brighton fans are still mad about smash and grab win but I would love it if they got that spot at the expense of United.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Brighton have had probably the best season a "lesser club" have had since Leicester won the league in 2016.

So impressive, especially after they lost what seemed like their "ground breaking" manager and staff early in the season.  They also have played really well.

Yes ,would love Mitro to score a couple on the last day and deny United Europe, would be poetic, and Brighton deserve to get it.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 04, 2023, 10:49:26 PMIt would be quite poetic if we denied them CL football in the final day of the season with a goal or two from Mitro.
I was going to post the same thing, but i post too much anyway.
I think he will if given the opportunity. It all depends on how Man U do between now and then.
To be fair though, as much as Man Utd are a load of glory hunters, what happened to Mitro was all on Chris Kavanagh and the cheating officials hiding behind screens at VAR (and FA), not the Man Utd players or fans.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Cambridge Away on May 04, 2023, 11:38:33 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on May 04, 2023, 10:49:26 PMIt would be quite poetic if we denied them CL football in the final day of the season with a goal or two from Mitro.
I think he will if given the opportunity. It all depends on how Man U do between now and then.
To be fair though, as much as Man Utd are a load of glory hunters, what happened to Mitro was all on Chris Kavanagh and the cheating officials hiding behind screens at VAR (and FA), not the Man Utd players or fans.
Their players cheated throughout the game though. We should have had at least one penalty and at least one of their players should have been sent-off. So they are partially at fault for what happened, as those incidents are what annoyed Mitro and Marco the most in my opinion.

Cambridge Away

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 04, 2023, 11:49:06 PM
Their players cheated throughout the game though. We should have had at least one penalty and at least one of their players should have been sent-off. So they are partially at fault for what happened, as those incidents are what annoyed Mitro and Marco the most in my opinion.
Only the officials can permit gamesmanship to cross the line into cheating.
Man Utd are not alone in being masters of the dark arts. All the big clubs get away with it.
But yes, the symbolism of little-Fulham/Martyr-Mitro getting one over Man Utd in such an important game, in the way you mentioned, will hopefully ram the point home to the people we want it to

ianthailand

The big danger is an even scummier club (Liverpool) could get 4th. Careful what you wish for!

hongkongfulham

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 04, 2023, 10:49:26 PMGood on Brighton for getting one over them. Arrogant club, both on and off the field, both players and fans. Wouldn't it be nice (and I know it's pretty unlikely) if neither one of them and Liverpool finished top 4 and Brighton did?

It would be quite poetic if we denied them CL football in the final day of the season with a goal or two from Mitro.
Would love this scenario. Come on Mitro!

perry geyton

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 04, 2023, 11:07:21 PMBrighton have been hard done by  from var decisions this season, it's almost like the authorities don't want the smaller clubs to succeed
Absolutely

Lester Burnham

Brighton have been excellent this season. Up there with Man City, playing out from the back. But can they get thru the summer transfer window unscathed? Should they do so, and bring in an out-and-out CF, a CL spot for 2023/24 is certainly possible.

Mr White

Watching Rashford going down like he'd been shot trying to con the ref for a pen,in Marco"s words embarrassing. Fvck utd.

leafe hill white

How dare the referee award a penalty against one of the F.A.`s top (so called) teams in the 90+ minute  ::wink::

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: leafe hill white on May 05, 2023, 07:13:39 AMHow dare the referee award a penalty against one of the F.A.`s top (so called) teams in the 90+ minute  ::wink::

And guess who was the Video Assistant Referee at the Amex last night? Yes, Kavanagh.

bog

To me Brighton have been the team of the season. Robbed of The Goldstone, then ground share with Gillingham, then to the Amex. Now a top manager, one of the best scouting set ups around and with a outside chance CL football. Phe-no-me-nal. The Seagulls are soaring and good luck to them!  ::thumb::   

toshes mate

The thing is there's this pecking order and box ticking check of compliance to it. Kavanagh is poor because the system that made him a referee is poor. If standards changed to something more consistent with truth and reality could Kavanagh hack it? The answer is that if Kavanagh has any integrity he would be constantly in battle with his bosses for improvement in the system and might eventually go public with others about what is wrong in the game.  Has he or does he show signs of rocking the boat?

The fact rocking the boat doesn't happen (and probably never could) is a modern reality because he wouldn't be a referee in the PL if he hadn't and didn't follow the compliance requirements his bosses have. That's the vicious circle which appears in so many places in modern society.  They'll all in it together or not at all.

SerbianLad

Quote from: ianthailand on May 05, 2023, 01:30:31 AMThe big danger is an even scummier club (Liverpool) could get 4th. Careful what you wish for!
That's why in the ideal scenario I proposed neither one of them get CL, with MU's fate sealed on the final day with a loss to us.

Quote from: Mr White on May 05, 2023, 06:36:13 AMWatching Rashford go down like he'd been shot in box , in Marco's words embarrassing. Fvck utd.
Rashsford is one of the biggest, if not the biggest cheat in the league. I admire what he's done off field, but he gets away with a lot of things on field.

Quote from: leafe hill white on May 05, 2023, 07:13:39 AMHow dare the referee award a penalty against one of the F.A.`s top (so called) teams in the 90+ minute  ::wink::
It was a very clear penalty, so I guess they had no choice. If it was 50-50 I'm sure they wouldn't have awarded it.

filham

VAR doesn't prevent decisions having a big six bias.

Nick Bateman

Brighton are top of the fair play table while Fulham are near the bottom, yet they play much more 'physically' than Fulham (Observe yesterday allowed to foul one of the "big six" many times uncautioned).

De Zerbi is a media darling and has even received an apology from Howard Webb after he went "mad" and was correctly sent off, a message to all refs to give Brighton leniency.

Meanwhile Marco Silva is treated like a pariah; watching Graham Scott ranting at him after a recent game was sickening! The treatment Fulham had with United was the complete opposite when Brighton played them, so I have no empathy with this lesser club.

Personally, I believe the refs have placed a wager on Brighton perhaps mid-season after they showed promise and now are helping them climb the league.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"