watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how brilliant was Palhinha yesterday

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, May 09, 2023, 09:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

The man who punches the air when he makes a tackle like celebrating a goal.

His tackles and ball winning started off quite a few of our moves which led to goals yesterday.

ianthailand

Don't want to piss on your chips slappers but he does give away stupid freekicks in dangerous positions with irresponsible challenges. There were 2 yesterday but, having said that he is an immense player and helped set up 2 goals with either a strong midfield challenge or an intelligent interception.
His value to us is way above the 50/60 million pounds being quoted as what Fulham want. an interesting summer ahead.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: ianthailand on May 09, 2023, 09:34:11 AMDon't want to piss on your chips slappers but he does give away stupid freekicks in dangerous positions with irresponsible challenges. There were 2 yesterday but, having said that he is an immense player and helped set up 2 goals with either a strong midfield challenge or an intelligent interception.
His value to us is way above the 50/60 million pounds being quoted as what Fulham want. an interesting summer ahead.

I don't think I will ever eat Fish and Chips again now after your comment.

Lighthouse

He was my MOM yesterday and is one of the players of the season. Not only does his tackling and breaking up of play add an extra dimension to Fulham. But he allows and gives time to others to shine. Reed was superb as he had time and space thanks to Pahinha. Cairney can drift to more advanced positions thanks to Palhinha.

Yes he gives away fouls and is booked too much. But that is the nature of his style. He and Leno to me have been just outstanding and the big difference between this Prem season and previous ones.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Quote from: ianthailand on May 09, 2023, 09:34:11 AMDon't want to piss on your chips slappers but he does give away stupid freekicks in dangerous positions with irresponsible challenges. There were 2 yesterday but, having said that he is an immense player and helped set up 2 goals with either a strong midfield challenge or an intelligent interception.

Refs are watching Palhinha very closely and giving fouls frequently the benefit of any doubt being given to our opponents.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs,Liverpool, Man.U. and Villa have all been reported as likely to submit summer bids for him as well as overseas clubs. A bidding war should generate an enormous transfer fee, just hope we are lining up a good replacement as he really will be missed.

demeant0r

Quote from: filham on May 09, 2023, 11:47:14 AM

Refs are watching Palhinha very closely and giving fouls frequently the benefit of any doubt being given to our opponents.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs,Liverpool, Man.U. and Villa have all been reported as likely to submit summer bids for him as well as overseas clubs. A bidding war should generate an enormous transfer fee, just hope we are lining up a good replacement as he really will be missed.

Or... how about we stand firm and not sell someone who still has four years left in the contract?

Bassey the warrior

He was great, 10 successful tackles which is unbelievable. Shame he spoiled it a bit by giving away the (soft) penalty.

Also worth noting Cairney 2 tackles out of 2 attempts, and unbelievably given his minutes, Kebano won 3 out of 3 attempts.

wback

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 09, 2023, 12:12:50 PMShame he spoiled it a bit by giving away the (soft) penalty.

Was a pen though, and definitely more of one than Nunez's. Players feel a touch, no matter how faint, and go down (see also Southampton's pen last night), if the ref gives a pen, VAR agrees. If he doesn't, VAR also agrees.

Ultimately though, he's been amazing for us, but can still improve (aim for < 10 yellows/season, improve his passing a bit, watch out for those soft decisions in/around the box).

SP

Bumped into him outside the ground & he's much taller than I thought, must be comfortably over 6 foot.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: wback on May 09, 2023, 12:27:47 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on May 09, 2023, 12:12:50 PMShame he spoiled it a bit by giving away the (soft) penalty.

Was a pen though, and definitely more of one than Nunez's. Players feel a touch, no matter how faint, and go down (see also Southampton's pen last night), if the ref gives a pen, VAR agrees. If he doesn't, VAR also agrees.

Ultimately though, he's been amazing for us, but can still improve (aim for < 10 yellows/season, improve his passing a bit, watch out for those soft decisions in/around the box).

I'm not disagreeing it was a pen, though Nunez's definitely wasn't but let's not re-open that can of worms.

TheOnionBag

Quote from: SP on May 09, 2023, 12:56:26 PMBumped into him outside the ground & he's much taller than I thought, must be comfortably over 6 foot.
So did you hit the deck holding your face after bumping into him ? no doubt Chris Kavanagh and VAR are looking into this and we can expect an 8 game ban ?

General

His interventions and pressing tackles when we were on the back foot, but then ability to find a pass quickly, were significant moments that contributed to two of our goals vs Leicester. Yes he does have a mildly silly tackle in him once in a while, illustrated by the soft penalty he gave, but he's a machine and we'd be much worse off without him. Hopefully we can keep him long term and continue to build a strong team around him. He's class.

Somerset Fulham

jayffc

Whatever we get for him I'll be absolutely gutted to see him go.

If it isn't north of 70mil I'll be very concerned as to what we can get in to replace him to be honest.

I suppose that Andre guy in Brazil is being touted but such a risk to lose the very heart of our team.
Personally would love to see the team commit to surrounding him with some landmark signings that can convince him to stay with us and aim for Europe.

Fulham 442

Quote from: SP on May 09, 2023, 12:56:26 PMBumped into him outside the ground & he's much taller than I thought, must be comfortably over 6 foot.
Just looked it up, he is just over 6'2"

Bill2

I think his tackling is improving, look at the number of cards he gets now compared to when he first joined.

SG

He is a brilliant player and he wears black boots so has gone up even further in my estimation. And I don't care what anybody says the tackle on Maddison was never a penalty. Just because they are given nowadays because a player feels 'contact' doesn't make it a penalty. These players and referees are truly pathetic

WindyCity

All the lads were terrific.  Palhinha put in his usual shift, solid.  Thought Willian and Reed were the top performers though.  Another fine effort from Palhinha, just thought the other two were more impactful. 

So much fun this season, watching FFC compete, and win games, in the PL!  And even many of the losses were exciting, nail biter affairs, usually decided by the lone goal.  Great season.  Glad to be in the PL.  Hopefully team can be upgraded enough this off season to keep us up at this level.

COYW!!!

alfie

Quote from: SG on May 09, 2023, 03:27:07 PMHe is a brilliant player and he wears black boots so has gone up even further in my estimation. And I don't care what anybody says the tackle on Maddison was never a penalty. Just because they are given nowadays because a player feels 'contact' doesn't make it a penalty. These players and referees are truly pathetic
Are you including our players in the pathetic comments, because we are as guilty.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ianthailand

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on May 09, 2023, 09:40:05 AM

I don't think I will ever eat Fish and Chips again now after your comment.
Think of it as a subtle kind of vinegar. Can you get Fish and Chips in Qatar?