watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player retention list ?

Started by bill taylors apprentice, May 16, 2023, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

It will soon be the end of the season and before new signings arrive there will be some leaving at the end of their contracts.

Unless I'm mistaken the following will be free in June.
Gazzaniga
Bryan
Knockaert
Sessegnon

Those out of favour but with a year left.
Cavalerio
Kongolo

Also Taya Ashby-Hammond (The older brother) is out of contract.

I'm unsure if the club have a clause to extend for another year on any of them.
All can go IMO as they do not enhance the squad (except Kongolo but he's always injured)

Then we have Mabu & Muniz to consider despite their contrats running to 2025 & 26 respectfully.
Muniz has potential but is he an upgrade on Vinicius.

Lastly,of the loan players Kurzawa may have made a mark but his ability to stay fit has made him a liability so thanks & good bye.

I believe Duffy signed a short contract to the end of this season and he is useful to have around but surely he will want a salary and game time we can't offer.

I can't see the point of signing James unless he's given a free and Marco has a plan for him.
Soloman would be a great addition.

What do you think?

Surlyc

Willian & Kebano are also out of contract this summer and I'd like to retain both if we can.

Otherwise I agree with all you say. I suspect both Mbabu & Muniz will spend most of the rest of their Fulham contracts on loan at obscure Greek clubs.

filham

The priority has to be to get Willian signed up for next season otherwise some one is going to offer him an attractive deal.

bog

Quote from: Surlyc on May 16, 2023, 09:08:44 AMWillian & Kebano are also out of contract this summer and I'd like to retain both if we can.

Otherwise I agree with all you say. I suspect both Mbabu & Muniz will spend most of the rest of their Fulham contracts on loan at obscure Greek clubs.

+1 100%

SerbianLad

Keep Willian, Kebano and Solomon. Loan out Muniz. Kongolo started well at his loan if I remember correctly. If he continued to play well, and stayed healthy, I wouldn't be against keeping him as a 5th/6th option. The rest are definitely not worth keeping imo.

jayffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 16, 2023, 10:05:43 AMKeep Willian, Kebano and Solomon. Loan out Muniz. Kongolo started well at his loan if I remember correctly. If he continued to play well, and stayed healthy, I wouldn't be against keeping him as a 5th/6th option. The rest are definitely not worth keeping imo.

Looks like for some reason he went from playing 90 minutes every game for a 10 game streak- he then failed ot make the squad at all for the last 6 games of the season. Doesn't appear to be injury related. Doesn't seem a positive sign though.

Think it might be time for him to move on. A shame, prior to the injuries he looked a fantastic player

Lordedmundo

After the great season that we have had - I had forgotten about most of the players out on loan to be honest!

It almost goes without saying that we need to get the majority off our books.  In the case of Muniz, I think he needs a season on loan at a club where he gets game time - whether that is in the Greek league or somewhere else. Maybe then the club can assess whether or not he has a future at FFC...

I did notice Kongolo managed to play 10 full games for Le Havre earlier in the season, but he hasn't played for the last six weeks or so - which suggests he may be injured again. It would be best (for both parties) to get him a permanent transfer away at the end of this season, as I just cannot see how he will get a squad place with us.

I wouldn't be adverse to Duffy staying for another season, although it would make sense for to be looking for our Ream replacement (left sided centre back in other words) to bring as 4th choice instead.  Although I would love Tim to play on for several seasons more - realistically, I would be surprised if he stays on beyond 23-24. Currently, two of our young centre backs are on loan - Idris at Maidenhead and Bowat in Netherlands. Both appear to be left sided, but neither have had enough experience at a high enough level to have proved themselves as yet..

JimmyConway

Willian is a must not to concerned about Kebano. If we are going to progress further then we need to look at better quality which means even the good club servants have to be replaced. Long term think Solomon offers more than Neeskens as he is quicker and more of a goal threat but that's just my opinion. Harry Wilson is probably the second best technical player after Willian who play wide. Willian is the only one who seems to be effective either wing. I would like to think if we sign him Solomon can be as big part of the team as Mitoma is for Brighton. Just think we are not moving forward if we keep the likes of Kebano on.

Penfold

Quote from: SerbianLad on May 16, 2023, 10:05:43 AMKeep Willian, Kebano and Solomon. Loan out Muniz. Kongolo started well at his loan if I remember correctly. If he continued to play well, and stayed healthy, I wouldn't be against keeping him as a 5th/6th option. The rest are definitely not worth keeping imo.

Unfortunately, Kongolo has only made 14 appearances for Le Harve. Not sure if this injury related. I forgot he was still on FFC's books.

Surlyc

Quote from: JimmyConway on May 16, 2023, 10:56:33 AMJust think we are not moving forward if we keep the likes of Kebano on.
Only question is whether Kebano can still do a job in the PL, and I would say that based on last season he can. We should be looking to sign two starting level wingers next season (to replace Solomon/James), but I think there is a role in the 25-man squad for experienced players as mentors/injury cover.

To be honest if our only dilemma in the summer is whether to give Kebano a new contract, then the summer has gone exceptionally well!

MickTheBeard

William is a must,back up to him when injured same for Wilson who did not have a good season back up for him or better than him to keep him on his toes, kabano back up wil he won't he last season fairly good remember 6years before hit and miss,perhaps 2wingers in kabano as 5 winger 1 extra year he is 31 we have a ageing side.James plays as a forward not as a winger doesn't cover fullback.

Marcel_Gecov

I would extend Kebano for another year personally. He seems to be great behind the scenes and also has even looked dangerous in the games he has come back. The question really is, would Kebano be happy with maybe starting 5-10 games next season, 10  mins at the end of a game as well as the cups when we are resting others?

So far I think Wilson is our only winger that is guaranteed to be here next year, I count BDR as an allrounder who will make 25 appearances a season but in a multitude of spots. There's space for Kebano for certain.

Willham

I think want to get a new contract for kebano, thought he was excellent before his injury and really starting to hit new heights under silva, I think with the continued success while he was injured a lot of you may have forgotten just how good he was.

Neeskens of two years ago and I'd have agreed with every comment but he's a different man under silva and is an all rounded winger compared to our others.

Lordedmundo

Signing Willian for at least another year is essential.

It's a no brainer to extend Kebano and Bobby as they are both established members of the squad - both also versatile in terms of where they can play on the pitch, plus are likely to be on lower salaries compared to many others.  I think they are both happy at the club, so would be surprised if either wanted to leave.

If we then sign Solomon also for a relatively low fee, we could spend all the attacking budget on a strong pacy winger/centre forward in the Zaha/Babel mould..

bill taylors apprentice

So, Gazzaniga, Bryan, Knockaert, Sessegnon released.

Mabu, Cavalerio and Kongolo moved on in some way if possible.

Muniz found a loan club who will play him

Kurzawa and Duffy, thanks but no thanks.

Kebano, yes. James, not really.

And importantly, Soloman and Willian signed up.

LC

Players out:
Layvin Kurzawa (Loan end)
Shane Duffy (loan end)
Cédric Soares (Loan end)
Daniel James (Loan end)
Rodrigo Muniz (Loan out)
Paulo Gazzaniga (contract ending)
Joe Bryan (contract ending)
Kevin Mbabu (Loan out or sell if we recoup our money)
Ivan Cavaleiro (Loan out or sell if we can)
Anthony Knockaert (Contract ending)
Terence Kongolo (Loan out or sell if we can)
Steven Sessegnon (Loan out)

Future considerations:
Neeskens Kebano (I would keep for 1 more year then upgrade)
Bobby Decordova-Reid (I would keep for 1 more year then upgrade)
Tim Ream (I would keep for 1 more year then review or upgrade)

All in all I think this will be a busy summer

St Eve

Quote from: LC on May 17, 2023, 06:53:47 PMPlayers out:
Shane Duffy (loan end)
Cédric Soares (Loan end)
Daniel James (Loan end)
Rodrigo Muniz (Loan out)

Future considerations:

I think that we bought Duffy

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: St Eve on May 17, 2023, 11:42:45 PM
Quote from: LC on May 17, 2023, 06:53:47 PMPlayers out:
Shane Duffy (loan end)
Cédric Soares (Loan end)
Daniel James (Loan end)
Rodrigo Muniz (Loan out)

Future considerations:

I think that we bought Duffy

We did, to get around the issue of bringing in Soras (who I forgot in my OP) on loan in January.
But it was a short contract that ends in June.

I would speculate that at 31 he will want a club he can get game time to enhance his chance of playing international football but maybe he will be comfortable as 4th or 5th choice CB with us.

We Are Premier League

I can't see Rodak hanging around for another season so that's another hole to fill.

Think its really important that we get an extension agreed with Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami, and that we subsequently do the same with Harrison and King Kenny.