watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Outside chance

Started by LC, May 17, 2023, 03:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

With only two games to go there is an outside chance we could finish 7th.

Tottenham to play: Brentford and Leeds.
Aston Villa to play: Liverpool and Brighton.
Brentford to play: Tottenham and Man City.

If Tottenham and Villa lose both of their last two games, and Brentford beat Tottenham and lose to Man City, and we win both of our remaining games then we finish 7th on goal difference.

Yes, it's an outside chance, maybe a little worse than an outside chance but still possible. At a minimum I hope we finish above Brentford.

And on a final note, in football anything can happen

hovewhite

It's been such a great season I'm not worried about it,more concerned about keeping Marco at the club as this season can be a springboard for next season as the new additions this season have added quality to last season's core of title winners,and with some new additions in the summer window we will be stronger still next season.

wback

I think we need Man Utd to be already qualified for the CL to stand a chance. If they need points against us on the last day, they'll get them.

alfie

Quote from: wback on May 17, 2023, 09:34:10 AMI think we need Man Utd to be already qualified for the CL to stand a chance. If they need points against us on the last day, they'll get them.
All we can do is win our games.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Deeping_white

Quote from: wback on May 17, 2023, 09:34:10 AMI think we need Man Utd to be already qualified for the CL to stand a chance. If they need points against us on the last day, they'll get them.

They needed to beat us to get to an FA Cup Semi-final and until we imploded it looked like they could've been there all week and not scored

Somerset Fulham

filham

A top ten finish above Chelsea and I will be a happy bunny just hoping that Palhinha, Mitro and Willian are not taken from us over the summer.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Deeping_white on May 17, 2023, 09:38:44 AM

They needed to beat us to get to an FA Cup Semi-final and until we imploded it looked like they could've been there all week and not scored
+1

We already outplayed them two times this season, no reason to fear them. Hopefully this time the result will go our way as well.

Nero

With Man U winning the league cup and either City or Utd winning the FA cup and looking to finsh in the champions league positions do any of the Europa league places drop a place? 

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Nero on May 17, 2023, 01:48:46 PMWith Man U winning the league cup and either City or Utd winning the FA cup and looking to finsh in the champions league positions do any of the Europa league places drop a place? 
The maximum English teams that can qualify for europe is 8,this can only happen if an English team wins a european competition and fails to finish in a european league position.This would give us 5 teams in the champions league.There can only be 2 places for the europa league,5th place and the FA cup winners.if the FA cup winners finish in the top 5 then 6th place will play in the europa league.The caraboo cup winner will play in the europa conference but if they finish in the top 6 league places then 7th will qualify for the europa conference.

LC

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 17, 2023, 02:20:58 PM
Quote from: Nero on May 17, 2023, 01:48:46 PMWith Man U winning the league cup and either City or Utd winning the FA cup and looking to finsh in the champions league positions do any of the Europa league places drop a place? 
The maximum English teams that can qualify for europe is 8,this can only happen if an English team wins a european competition and fails to finish in a european league position.This would give us 5 teams in the champions league.There can only be 2 places for the europa league,5th place and the FA cup winners.if the FA cup winners finish in the top 5 then 6th place will play in the europa league.The caraboo cup winner will play in the europa conference but if they finish in the top 6 league places then 7th will qualify for the europa conference.

What if West Ham win the Europa League Conference? They'll qualify for the Europa League place, who then takes the Europa Conference League position?

sunburywhite

I hope Mitrovitch (who will be super motivated) scores the winner against Man U which denies them Champions League and lets someone else in ( I would love it Brighton got 4th)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

WindyCity

Was thinking the same thing, just a shame how that Cup game ended.  We had them.

I know this thread is filled with optimism and 'what ifs', and that's ok, but I'll be happy as a peach if FFC can finish top half of table AND ahead of that lot down the road. 

Fulham1959

Quote from: WindyCity on May 17, 2023, 04:41:40 PM

Was thinking the same thing, just a shame how that Cup game ended.  We had them.

I know this thread is filled with optimism and 'what ifs', and that's ok, but I'll be happy as a peach if FFC can finish top half of table AND ahead of that lot down the road. 

Happy as a peach ?  :023:

Thailand Mick

the way I read it means West ham would be the 5th team in the champions league having won a European trophy and not finishing in a European league place.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on May 17, 2023, 09:49:07 AMA top ten finish above Chelsea and I will be a happy bunny just hoping that Palhinha, Mitro and Willian are not taken from us over the summer.

We will probably lose all three of Palhinha, Mitro and Willian over the next three seasons, so maybe losing each season would be the best outcome, so we can bring their replacements gradually over the next three seasons. As a gradually transition to a new squad is more likely to avoid relegation.

Thailand Mick

Quote from: Thailand Mick on May 18, 2023, 02:20:33 AM
the way I read it means West ham would be the 5th team in the champions league having won a European trophy and not finishing in a European league place.
correction West ham would go into the europa league not champions league giving England 8 teams in europe.

ianthailand

Quote from: sunburywhite on May 17, 2023, 04:31:30 PMI hope Mitrovitch (who will be super motivated) scores the winner against Man U which denies them Champions League and lets someone else in ( I would love it Brighton got 4th)
Trouble is it will let in Liverpool who a bigger scumbag club than Manure or Chris Kavanagh United as they are now known.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WindyCity on May 17, 2023, 04:41:40 PM

All the Peaches i have come across have been dam miserable.
Who was this Peach you met that was happy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.