watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Crypto Currencies

Started by blingo, February 13, 2021, 02:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plodder

Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 03:03:53 PMAdvisors are always talking rubbish. the financial 'expert' in the Telegraph announced a new bull market in the NASDAQ last August. Nonsense, and a few days later in the comments I suggested that the top of the bounce was in that day and the down trend would resume; I was right. It's behind a paywall, but if anyone subscribes to the DT I'll let you have a link to the article and my comments. There are no 'experts' in the financial world, but there are experienced traders.

You are confusing financial advisors with financial journalists. Financial advisors are not allowed to make the sort of extravagant claims we ae are discussing.  Advisors are not "always talking rubbish".

Gloucester White

Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 02:05:22 PMIf you are going to buy crypto, first do your homework and secondly don't trade, look at it long term and it will pay off, certainly with both bitcoin and ethereum. 500% over the next ten years is far from unrealistic. However always do your own research and never invest in anything you don't feel comfortable with.
Sound advice. Not sure about 500% in 10 years! But cryptos could benefit from a 'flight to safety' as other assets plunge. Usually the US dollar is the safe home, but that looks a bit sick medium/long term.

Do you not think that bitcoin will hit 150k over the next ten years? You're putting all the likely factors forward in your statement above

No, but I don't know that it won't either. I do believe last year saw the top of a very long bull market in equities, and the bottom of the fall will resemble the South Sea Bubble (google it). Many think the bear market is over, but IMO it's only just got started. The bottom is always marked with panic and small investors throwing in the towel, but instead they are still buying the 'dips'.

Severe bear markets usually result in a 'flight to safety' as investors look for a safe home for their money. What that home will be this time I don't know, not gold. Perhaps short term governments bonds, or keep your money under the mattress. All the above is just my personal opinion.

Gloucester White

Quote from: Plodder on April 29, 2023, 03:32:16 PM
Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 03:03:53 PMAdvisors are always talking rubbish. the financial 'expert' in the Telegraph announced a new bull market in the NASDAQ last August. Nonsense, and a few days later in the comments I suggested that the top of the bounce was in that day and the down trend would resume; I was right. It's behind a paywall, but if anyone subscribes to the DT I'll let you have a link to the article and my comments. There are no 'experts' in the financial world, but there are experienced traders.
Noi, I'm just lumping them all together. Many years ago I was a 'financial advisor'. But all I was given was a couple of weeks train
Quote from: Plodder on April 29, 2023, 03:32:16 PM

You are confusing financial advisors with financial journalists. Financial advisors are not allowed to make the sort of extravagant claims we ae are discussing.  Advisors are not "always talking rubbish".

ing, mostly on how to sell insurance.

No confusion, I'm just lumping them together. Many years ago I was a 'financial advisor'. All it took was a few weeks training, mostly on how to sell insurance products and unit trusts. Advisors are just taught about the products. I agree they should not make extravagant claims.

blingo

Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 03:41:00 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 02:15:57 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 02:05:22 PMIf you are going to buy crypto, first do your homework and secondly don't trade, look at it long term and it will pay off, certainly with both bitcoin and ethereum. 500% over the next ten years is far from unrealistic. However always do your own research and never invest in anything you don't feel comfortable with.
Sound advice. Not sure about 500% in 10 years! But cryptos could benefit from a 'flight to safety' as other assets plunge. Usually the US dollar is the safe home, but that looks a bit sick medium/long term.

Do you not think that bitcoin will hit 150k over the next ten years? You're putting all the likely factors forward in your statement above

No, but I don't know that it won't either. I do believe last year saw the top of a very long bull market in equities, and the bottom of the fall will resemble the South Sea Bubble (google it). Many think the bear market is over, but IMO it's only just got started. The bottom is always marked with panic and small investors throwing in the towel, but instead they are still buying the 'dips'.

Severe bear markets usually result in a 'flight to safety' as investors look for a safe home for their money. What that home will be this time I don't know, not gold. Perhaps short term governments bonds, or keep your money under the mattress. All the above is just my personal opinion.

Government bonds and lose money? Under the matress isn't the safest home lol.
A lot will depend on what the American government does when they increase debt instead of defaulting. Both will be beneficial to crypto.

Gloucester White

Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 04:25:06 PMGovernment bonds and lose money? Under the matress isn't the safest home lol.
A lot will depend on what the American government does when they increase debt instead of defaulting. Both will be beneficial to crypto.
The flight to safety is about trying to preserve money, not make it.

There's too many people involved in crypto ending up bankrupt or in prison for my liking. I see the founder of FTX, Bankman-Fried, has had 4 more charges against him which could increase his sentence from 115 years to 155! Don't suppose that will bother him too much!!!

blingo

The crypto market will be like the dot com boom 95% will fall away, and the chosen few will make a lot of money. For me that includes bc eth and sol. Could I be wrong? Of course I could, but crypto is here to stay. Whether or not we invest is purely down to individual investment strategies.

Gloucester White

Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 05:15:30 PMThe crypto market will be like the dot com boom 95% will fall away, and the chosen few will make a lot of money. For me that includes bc eth and sol. Could I be wrong? Of course I could, but crypto is here to stay. Whether or not we invest is purely down to individual investment strategies.
Indeed, and kudos to you for getting in early.

Gloucester White

Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 05:17:19 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 05:15:30 PMThe crypto market will be like the dot com boom 95% will fall away, and the chosen few will make a lot of money. For me that includes bc eth and sol. Could I be wrong? Of course I could, but crypto is here to stay. Whether or not we invest is purely down to individual investment strategies.
Changing the subject, a couple of years ago you sent me some kind words when I posted that my son had donated a kidney to a friends wife. Pleased to report son and woman are both doing well.

blingo

Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 05:22:52 PM
Changing the subject, a couple of years ago you sent me some kind words when I posted that my son had donated a kidney to a friends wife. Pleased to report son and woman are both doing well.

That's made my day Sir. Thank you for the update. So much more important than money. ::thumb::

blingo

Quote from: blingo on April 29, 2023, 05:26:13 PM
Quote from: Gloucester White on April 29, 2023, 05:22:52 PM

That's made my day Sir. Thank you for the update. So much more important than money. ::thumb::

Mr GW my eldest works in crypto regulation and is a lot brighter than his dad. That's how I got into crypto about five years ago.

CaslRock

Bitcoin and ethereum have shown tremendous growth potential, and while a 500% increase over the next decade may not be unrealistic, remember that the market can be unpredictable. Make sure to conduct thorough research and only invest in assets that you feel comfortable with. Has anyone here heard about online forex brokers? They offer various trading services, and one strategy they often mention is the scalping strategy. It involves making quick trades to take advantage of short-term market fluctuations. It's important to note that scalping can be risky and requires careful attention to market conditions.

blingo

Quote from: CaslRock on May 30, 2023, 09:51:55 AMBitcoin and ethereum have shown tremendous growth potential, and while a 500% increase over the next decade may not be unrealistic, remember that the market can be unpredictable.

Exactly the reason you should always conduct your due diligence to the best of your abilities and never invest more than you can afford to lose.