watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

USMNT fans...

Started by AmericanJames, January 16, 2011, 01:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

What do you think Benny Feilhaber??? Even though he is playing division 2 in Denmark w/ Aarhus do you think he is ready to make the jump somewhere else (Bigger)? If so where? Personally I have always been a fan and thought he got a raw deal w/ Derby County and think he would fit in well w/ one of the SPL teams under the Old Firm (IE Heart or Motherwell) or somewhere mid table in France.
Any other Yanks you would like to see on the move?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

duffbeer

Defo would like to see a move to a better league.  SPL worries me because I'm afraid he'd get injured.  France as you described would be good, I hope they think he is good enough.  For me it is as simple as this,  if Holden can shine the way he has for Bolton, Benny is certainly good enough for a step up in divisions/league.  All the yanks have the same agent and I'm starting to think they could find someone better.

finnster01

Ms Duff has a good point (she usually does).

I know the SPL very well. Lived in Glasgow for 4 years and watched many matches including old firms (8), internationals and cup finals (and semis). It is very Championship like. A lot of kicking players, sending offs, brawls etc.

Now I have to admit I don't know much about American players (but I am trying to learn and study up as I am here to stay)but if this gent is a tad tender, young, and doesn't have the physique, I'd say do not send him to the SPL. He'll get hammered up there.

French (or even Dutch) football would be better for him to develop.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BarryP

I like Feilhaber but he has been so wildly inconsistent throughout his career that I am not sure where he should go. France might be a good shout if he can bring a high level of consistency to his game.   I hope he stays far away from the SPL.  I don't think Benny will shine while getting the shite kicked out of him.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Tom

Benny plays well when he concentrates. He does need to move onto a new league. France wouldn't be a bad call. What about the Dutch or Belgium league?
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

I think the Dutch or the Belgian leagues also, Tom. Benny's problem has always been that he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is. His "raw deal" at Derby County resulted from his conflicts with Davis over playing time. He quickly alienated the supporters and his teammates. He has a lot of skill, but little discipline. Sacha Kjlestian [I can't spell that fekkers name for love or money] has had a similar streak in him, but he seems to have settled in nicely in Belgium.

I certainly don't want to give up on the kid, but at least playing in Scandinavia allows him to play for the USMNT on non-FIFA weekends during the winter months.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Tom

Anyone know if the USA vs Chile game is on t.v. Saturday? I just checked ESPN, ESPN2 and Fox soccer channel and none of them are listing the game to be on Saturday.
Fulham for life!

duffbeer

telefutura and espn3 will broadcast it at 10pm ET.  Both sides are fielding young players that are mostly untested at the senior level.  I have no idea if I get telefutura, but I believe (thanks 'fog) that my kids can set me up with the game on  the big screen via ESPN3 and their xbox love.

Oopps, I meant to say Xbox Live, but what I said is probably more accurate.

Tom

Quote from: duffbeer on January 17, 2011, 10:32:38 PM
telefutura and espn3 will broadcast it at 10pm ET.  Both sides are fielding young players that are mostly untested at the senior level.  I have no idea if I get telefutura, but I believe (thanks 'fog) that my kids can set me up with the game on  the big screen via ESPN3 and their xbox love.

Oopps, I meant to say Xbox Live, but what I said is probably more accurate.
Thanks duffbeer. I guess I will have to watch it on my laptop. I knew both sides were fielding young players. I want to see what some of our future talent looks like. I have no idea if I get telefutura either. I need to check on that.
Fulham for life!

Tom

I just checked and I do have telefutura. The only bad thing is if I want to watch it on t.v. it will be in spanish. Now the dilemma, watch it on t.v. in spanish or on the computer in english. What do I do?
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: Tom on January 17, 2011, 11:02:21 PM
I just checked and I do have telefutura. The only bad thing is if I want to watch it on t.v. it will be in spanish. Now the dilemma, watch it on t.v. in spanish or on the computer in english. What do I do?

Well, if I didn't have a gig Saturday night, the choice would be easy for me. The picture quality on ESPN3 is much better than anything I've gotten on computer before. That and the fact that we only have one TV set in the house means that if I watched in on my computer, HatterMom could watch some of her stuff [I kinda dominate the box on Saturday and Sunday mornings/afternoons.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AmericanJames

If you have an HDMI cord  and a tv you can hook it up to you can watch it on your tv thru your laptop.

YankeeJim

Simple, turn the TV on & tuirn down the sound. Fire up your laptop and listen to it's sound...course, that could be in Chinese. Enjoy!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

finnster01

Sorry to hear that Mr Tom. Last time I had telefutura I sat on the toilet for a week.  :drums:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

duffbeer

lol finn.

Speaking of Benny, remember this?  Got me thinking about the many reasons I cant stand the Mexican team.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/23kHHOgN0wj/Mexico+v+USA+FIFA+World+Cup+Qualifier/3ciVzPQFkOj/Benny+Feilhaber

YankeeJim

Yea Duffbeer, I remember that match. The lot of them should have been sent off but there's no justice in assteeka. my favorite is when their keeper tried to trip EJ right after we scored. The wuss couldn't even do that right.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

AmericanJames

Yea I remember that as well, I probably hate Mexico more than Chelscum.

Do you remember the WC qualifier vs them in Columbus last cycle? http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2009/02/U-S-Dominates-Mexico-With-2-0-Victory-In-Opening-Game-Of-Final-Round-World-Cup-Qualifying-In-Columbu.aspx

When Marquez kicked Timmy in the thigh, one of the most despicable things I have ever personally seen at a game I was at.
Or when they were passing out Landy Cakes voodoo dolls? They are a disgrace to the game and I wish nothing but injuries and pain on the whole team (except our boy Salcido )

Ag

Sounds like Benny just needs to learn what it means to be a professional.  That doesn't seem to be a problem for the majority of our guys, so you'd think that lesson would have rubbed off by now from other USMNT players.

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on January 19, 2011, 05:46:05 AM

For sure! Dirty bastards. F#ck mexico and the scum!
Fulham for life!

duffbeer

Quote from: AmericanJames on January 19, 2011, 05:46:05 AM

Do you remember the WC qualifier vs them in Columbus last cycle? http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2009/02/U-S-Dominates-Mexico-With-2-0-Victory-In-Opening-Game-Of-Final-Round-World-Cup-Qualifying-In-Columbu.aspx

When Marquez kicked Timmy in the thigh, one of the most despicable things I have ever personally seen at a game I was at.
Or when they were passing out Landy Cakes voodoo dolls? They are a disgrace to the game and I wish nothing but injuries and pain on the whole team (except our boy Salcido )

James I was at that game also.  Thunderstorm in the middle of winter that stopped just in time for the match.  Lots of fun, although the Crew/US Soccer did a horrible job of hosting that match.  
The kick to Timmy was disgraceful but that's what you expect from Marquez, he's as bad as DeJong.  The head-butt/karate-kick to Cobi Jones was the worst.  I cant believe the Red Bulls actually signed such an a** to a DP contract.  $5million and he scored 1 goal, I believe.  

Still the worse Mexican infraction I have ever seen was when Aguirre, the coach, tripped a player from the opposition (Panama or someone, cant remember) during the run of play.  Panamonium, no pun intended, nearly broke out.  I seriously dont understand how anyone can support that team, Mexican or not they should be ashamed.