watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sponsor?

Started by colham, June 27, 2023, 01:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colham

Noticed that W88 only claim to be principle sponsor of Burnley on the link from the Fulham home page, so hopefully we're getting a new sponsor

EastEndWhite

WhiteJC

this could be a reason for the delay in releasing the new kit? I'm sure that both the kit design and sponsorship deal have been tied up months ago however both the club and sponsor will want to get maximum publicity and probably think that their building "an air of anticipation"?

Southcoastffc

And after the bad publicity surrounding W88, we're probably ensuring a greater degree of due diligence this time.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

C Block

The sponsorship deal ends on June 30th, expect some news regarding the sponsor and new kit next week.

junior white

We have a new sponsor SBOTOP

Burt

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/june/28/fulham-announces-record-sponsorship-with-SBOTOP/

Fulham Football Club can confirm a record sponsorship deal with global betting brand SBOTOP as Front of Shirt and Principal Partner for the 2023/24 season. The SBOTOP logo will be featured on the Men's First Team kit and training kit sleeve.

The team will first don the new kit during pre-season, including when they take to the pitch in America as part of the Premier League Summer Series this July, following the Club's official kit launch on Friday 30th June.

The prominent front of shirt position, combined with in-stadium brand presence, will enable SBOTOP to leverage the Premier League's global audience. 

SBOTOP is a leading global online gaming operator committed to providing its players with exceptional value and the most complete gaming experience.

Bill Mummery, SBOTOP Chief Executive Officer, said of the partnership: "We are delighted and excited to bring our two 'Premier Brands' together. Jointly, we look forward to increasing both our brands' awareness on a truly global platform in the coming seasons. I wish Fulham an enjoyable and rewarding trip to the USA."

Fulham FC Commercial Director, Jon Don-Carolis, added: "We are pleased to welcome SBOTOP as our Front of Shirt partner as we continue our exciting journey in the Premier League. The coveted front of shirt sponsorship plays an integral part in keeping the Club competitive through significant revenue, and we look forward to celebrating continued success in 2023/24."

Huxley

Quote from: junior white on June 28, 2023, 09:51:14 AMWe have a new sponsor SBOTOP

A " online gaming" company... Aka sports betting... Interestingly the word 'betting' was not used in the press release.

FFCBadger

Yeh, I think the rules on sports betting change at the end of next season.

It's an interesting debate, the triggering effect these guys are having on fans that are gambling addicts. These shirt sponsors obviously help us sign and retain better players though.

Would be great to hear an informed opinion on this

roberto w6

Unfortunate choice in my opinion but I can only assume that the revenue was significantly larger than any other non-gambling company offers we might have had.

It's hypocritical to slag it off too much when we all want funds available to attract top players

Sammyffc

With things like this you tend to have 4 perspectives.

1 - people who do not want gambling sponsors.
2 - people who do not care if they are gambling sponsors or not
3 - the dramatic people who have mental breakdowns on social media because its a gambling sponsor and go on a tirade because they haven't heard of the brand ''so it must be a scam'' and scream that fulham are a family club and shouldn't allow this.
4 - the dramatic people who have a mental breakdown and respond to said above with insults and reminding said ' family club tweeter ' that our old chairman was as sketchy as a dark alleyway in 1888 and that said person above needs to grow up and go outside to touch some grass.

Never gonna win.  ::wine::

junior white

Quote from: Huxley on June 28, 2023, 10:01:51 AM
Quote from: junior white on June 28, 2023, 09:51:14 AMWe have a new sponsor SBOTOP

A " online gaming" company... Aka sports betting... Interestingly the word 'betting' was not used in the press release.
The FFC release does say betting mentioned them as a global betting brand

junior white

There are pros and cons to a lot of businesses sponsoring teams

Sweet brands, that would be obesity and the mental damage that brings to those who suffer
Energy companies, and the damage they can do to the environment
Betting companies, we all know
Fast food, similar to sweets etc

It's never ending while i have a good deal of compassion for those affected, at the end of the day teams need the cash to compete / survive (or do they?) so which ever way you go there will always be issues.

Huxley

Quote from: junior white on June 28, 2023, 10:14:38 AM
Quote from: Huxley on June 28, 2023, 10:01:51 AM

The FFC release does say betting mentioned them as a global betting brand

Not on this post https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/june/28/fulham-announces-record-sponsorship-with-SBOTOP/

Lighthouse

I love a band. They are all women who are in their thirties and like a drink. One is a part owner of a horse. Yet people and a few fans have the mistaken idea that they have a right to question the right for these Women to enjoy a drink.

Then we have the sponsors on football shirts. There are so many things that can trigger people. Wouldn't it be great if we allowed people to make mistakes and then have a system to help them.

But why should people have to be protected from wearing say Wellington Boots because some people have a fetish for sniffing them and in 1932 a young boy was hit on the head by one being thrown in anger. There is so much to fear that we tend to get lost in what freedom means. It doesn't mean policing our every thought and deed. It means positive help for those in need.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Kemosabe

I think that they are also the lead sponsor for Leeds United. 

Presumably we have picked them up to ensure that the sponsor continues to get significant global media coverage following Leeds' relegation.

It's not 100% clear whether their contract with Leeds extends to the 2023/24 season, but this sponsor could quite easily be on both team's shirts.

Cumbrian White

My 23/24 Chinese fake £13 Fulham shirt is already out of date with the wrong sponsor. Devastated 🤣🤣

Anyone want a unique Fulham shirt for 23/24? £1000 ovno 🤣

Craven Mad

Worst one yet. Gambling with a wide history of alleged match fixing. Dreadful.

For those interested, there's an entire section dedicated to 'controversy' on their wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBOBET

Huxley

Quote from: junior white on June 28, 2023, 10:17:10 AMThere are pros and cons to a lot of businesses sponsoring teams

Sweet brands, that would be obesity and the mental damage that brings to those who suffer
Energy companies, and the damage they can do to the environment
Betting companies, we all know
Fast food, similar to sweets etc

It's never ending while i have a good deal of compassion for those affected, at the end of the day teams need the cash to compete / survive (or do they?) so which ever way you go there will always be issues.

Unfortunately ethics and morals are not high on the list in professional sports...it's all about the money. Just look at the plight of the workers post world cup in Qatar that FIFA is ignoring.

Huxley

Quote from: Craven Mad on June 28, 2023, 10:52:53 AMWorst one yet. Gambling with a wide history of alleged match fixing. Dreadful.

For those interested, there's an entire section dedicated to 'controversy' on their wiki page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBOBET

[/quote

Alleged does not equal guilty. Many people and companies are alleged to have done something.