watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What are we doing?

Started by Peabody, June 30, 2023, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deuce

Quote from: JimmyConway on June 30, 2023, 04:56:24 PMThe biggest irony is that we offered Kebano another year? We have a quality Brazilian footballer who was instrumental in our success last season and is fit as a fiddle. Whereas Neeskens has had half a dozen good games at this level in three attempts?

No reason to compare the two.

Willian want an additional year in his contract and Fulham offer him that. Dont think its necessarily a bad decision by the club. I understand why you dont want to offer a longer contract to a year old.

Blawarmy

I trust none of these lying rags or 'sources'!

H4usuallysitting

His contract run's out tomorrow, if he's rejected a Fulham deal - then good luck to him....he gave us a very good season, and we move on

H4usuallysitting

New news coming in....it was the sandal clause causing the problems

Willham

I  not too worried about this, overall in the media it looks a little bleak, silva, paulinha, Robinson, willian, tosin and even a short mention of chelsea in for mitro (yeah right) all off.

Now I don't believe them all, don't believe many but if I was to pick a few that wouldn't set us back too much, it'd probably start with tosin and willian then id struggle with the rest.

We were doing pretty well at the start of the year when kebano was first 11 over willian plus we did well when Solomon was first 11 over willian. There is options already here in kebano  hopefully in Solomon and its not hard to pick up wingers for somewhat cheap fees.

I wouldn't be giving in to demands if that's what willian is doing, I also wouldn't be too inclined to give him massive wages or a 2 year deal.

Saying all that, I don't want it to take away from how good willian was for us last year and while I'd definitely prefer a contract extension, I would also be pleased with good recruitment of a younger winger.

Pluto

If the hold up is that we only want to offer one year then Tony has a lot to answer for. Even if that second year is a write off, it's still significantly cheaper than the £20m odd we'll have to pay to replace him

Stevieboy

Quote from: JimmyConway on June 30, 2023, 04:56:24 PMThe biggest irony is that we offered Kebano another year? We have a quality Brazilian footballer who was instrumental in our success last season and is fit as a fiddle. Whereas Neeskens has had half a dozen good games at this level in three attempts?

Don't think you can realistically compare the two or what their indivual requirements are or indeed their individual contribution to the club relative to their capabilities are.

toshes mate

Meanwhile let's see what is going on in England financially - inflation; high energy costs; falling property market prices and all a bit edgy for investors, employers and employees. London could take quite a hit at the apparent fall in middle incomes becomes apparent. The delays on the new stand cannot help the Club financially either being a part of revenue.     

There'll be a new pattern of global winners and global losers until stuff settles.

Willian hadn't tied himself down when he joined us last season and so why would he be quicker to do so now?

The news article is only appearing because as from now Willian has no present connection with FFC.

LC

Quote from: filham on June 30, 2023, 04:40:24 PMOh dear, just say some of the other rumours turned into reality and we had to start the season without Willian, Palhinha, Robinson and Tosin.

Let's say that does happen. We would get £60-80m for Palhinha, rumoured £35m for Robinson, and £10-15m for Tosin. That would mean we would be in an extremely strong financial position, and would likely be bringing in a lot of quality. Having said that, I think Palhinha will likely stay regardless whether Silva goes or not.

The Khans are ambitious, that's clear, so maybe we all need to just wait and see how the next month plays out.

LittleErn

Quote from: filham on June 30, 2023, 04:40:24 PMOh dear, just say some of the other rumours turned into reality and we had to start the season without Willian, Palhinha, Robinson and Tosin.
And Silva................... Let's not hold back on the doom and gloom. IF it happens I'll worry, but not until then.

We Are Premier League

And Tete, Cairney, Kebano, Solomon

Andy S

Quote from: We Are Premier League on July 01, 2023, 10:36:32 AM
And Tete, Cairney, Kebano, Solomon
So what there would be money in the bank for whoever came in as manager. Yes Marco has done well but it is not like hiring a new manager when you are in the relegation zone at the end of the season is it

bog

Quote from: Pluto on June 30, 2023, 07:11:47 PMIf the hold up is that we only want to offer one year then Tony has a lot to answer for. Even if that second year is a write off, it's still significantly cheaper than the £20m odd we'll have to pay to replace him

+1

bog

I wonder whether more effort will be put into keeping Soloman. He is a lot younger so money saved by releasing Willian will go towards him. Just a thought.     

Black, White and Fred

If I was Willian after his performances last season I would be disappointed with a contract that paid the same as when we took a gamble on him at the start of last season. He deserves more money but on a rolling year by year contract in my opinion. Fingers crossed we come back with an improved offer
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

alfie

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on July 01, 2023, 12:31:35 PMIf I was Willian after his performances last season I would be disappointed with a contract that paid the same as when we took a gamble on him at the start of last season. He deserves more money but on a rolling year by year contract in my opinion. Fingers crossed we come back with an improved offer
Does it pay the same?, let's be fair we don't really know what the offer was other than 1 year.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Sting of the North

Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2023, 12:55:44 PM
Quote from: Black, White and Fred on July 01, 2023, 12:31:35 PMIf I was Willian after his performances last season I would be disappointed with a contract that paid the same as when we took a gamble on him at the start of last season. He deserves more money but on a rolling year by year contract in my opinion. Fingers crossed we come back with an improved offer
Does it pay the same?, let's be fair we don't really know what the offer was other than 1 year.

Do we know it was 1 year? How was that confirmed? I thought all we had was rumours?

alfie

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 01, 2023, 01:12:34 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 01, 2023, 12:55:44 PM

Do we know it was 1 year? How was that confirmed? I thought all we had was rumours?
Yes you are probably right with that, until it comes out officially we know nothing.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

KJS

Quote from: Peabody on June 30, 2023, 02:57:44 PMAccording to the Standard, Willian is looking for a new club. He is disappointed but just what are we playing at!

The club will not be held to ransom by any player especially one who is 34 years old even if they had a good season last year, you have to take the emotional attachment out of the picture in business

Deeping_white

Apparently he wants £125k a week which is a lot more than he was on