more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham rugby

Started by perry geyton, July 30, 2023, 05:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOnionBag

Quote from: deadcowboys on August 03, 2023, 07:39:49 PM
Quote from: TheOnionBag on August 03, 2023, 06:32:54 PMI remember going to a game v Wakefield Trinity I think the winner go £50,000 or something like that, sad I know but I counted the buses that had carried the Wakefield fans down to the cottage I am sure it was over 30 coaches (though several pints of Kestrel lager may have had me seeing double), which was a far cry form the 2 coaches that would have followed Rotherham to the cottage that season.     

Think you may be confusing the Wakefield cup game with the end of 1st season challenge match between Fulham RL & Bradford Northern. The Bradford Chairman was giving it large that Fulham weren't up to it so £50k winner takes all game played & Fulham wiped the floor with them. Dave Allen scoring 4 tries I think. It was a great night.
I think you are right, as I said my memory was hazy due to too much drink, I remember going on the pitch after one game passing a bag full of beers about like it was a ruby ball, the only other vaughe recollection of that night was how bumpy the pitch seemed to be no wonder we struggled to play football on such an awful surface.