watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fred to Fulham getting close

Started by Sammyffc, August 08, 2023, 11:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

Reports today that Freds move to Fulham has intensified and is on.

Genuinely buzzing for this to get over the line, would be such a good addition to our team  ::scarf::

jayffc

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 08, 2023, 11:09:22 AMReports today that Freds move to Fulham has intensified and is on.

Genuinely buzzing for this to get over the line, would be such a good addition to our team  ::scarf::

Would prefer Andre personally but seemingly likely to be Liverpool bounds so Fred it is.

Good calibre of player and will fight it out with Reed I'm sure. Still think we need a Palhinha backup more than we need a Reed/Lukic upgrade - but they clearly want a ball carrying Mid still so if it is Fred there are many worse out there.

Bring it on.

JimmyConway

Would of preferred Andre personally as I don't see Fred offering anymore than Harrison as a footballer. Happy to be proved wrong if he does sign. Must be a concern about the amount of cards Fred and Joao will pick up?

H4usuallysitting

Ashington White

So if this happens, then that's Reed, Palhinha, Fred and Lukic in the DM position.  Pretty good I'd say.

copthornemike

Well, if he does as well as Pereira & William, ie 'large club outcast' then happy days  ::scarf::

Willham

Quote from: jayffc on August 08, 2023, 11:16:09 AM
Quote from: Sammyffc on August 08, 2023, 11:09:22 AMReports today that Freds move to Fulham has intensified and is on.

Would prefer Andre personally but seemingly likely to be Liverpool bounds so Fred it is.

Good calibre of player and will fight it out with Reed I'm sure. Still think we need a Palhinha backup more than we need a Reed/Lukic upgrade - but they clearly want a ball carrying Mid still so if it is Fred there are many worse out there.

Bring it on.

I do feel Fred and Reed together might do well if palhinha is ever missing, we know from parker days that Reed can play further back and Fred does at man u, while both are no palhinha, together they could complement each other, Fred struggling for man u could be from the lack of support he gets from other central midfielders, Reed and pereira both work very hard.

Texas White

Been hoping this gets over the line since the first rumors.

JimOG

Bring it on.

According to the Liverpool Echo Liverpool have given up interest in Andre. I know we don't have £35 mill plus a squad strong enough to wait until January but of all the rumours we've read I'd love to see him at Craven Cottage

bencher

Quote from: JimOG on August 08, 2023, 02:02:10 PM

Bring it on.

According to the Liverpool Echo Liverpool have given up interest in Andre. I know we don't have £35 mill plus a squad strong enough to wait until January but of all the rumours we've read I'd love to see him at Craven Cottage

If Andre has to be January, then if we can afford it I'd love to get Fred now and Andre in January

Drewry66

Quote from: bencher on August 08, 2023, 02:04:40 PM

Bring it on.

If Andre has to be January, then if we can afford it I'd love to get Fred now and Andre in January

Complete guess but I think we might consider this. Fluminese apparently want 25 million euros to sell in Jan so around £23 million. If we get Fred for around £12 million we have enough for now so can wait. We could get him and then potentially sell one of the midfielders next summer to balance out FFP a bit. There is potential in Andre that we pick him up for £23 million we could sell him for £60 million in a few years if he's as good as expected (there is a reason Liverpool are looking) so again just for that I think we should do it. Even if we don't sell we have a ready made Fred/Read replacement for the longer term. We should put the money down now and secure him if Liverpool are out of the race before others come sniffing.

Allprocro

Where is the site/source for this? The only thing I can find that isn't from a month or longer ago is this article which includes one line that we are still interested--

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66426715

Seems like nothing has changed since we talked about this a month ago.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: Allprocro on August 08, 2023, 02:18:57 PMWhere is the site/source for this? The only thing I can find that isn't from a month or longer ago is this article which includes one line that we are still interested--

?s=20

General

Quote from: Allprocro on August 08, 2023, 02:18:57 PMWhere is the site/source for this? The only thing I can find that isn't from a month or longer ago is this article which includes one line that we are still interested--

Yeah, the rumour is a man and his dog off twitter. So, take with a pinch of salt.

Lighthouse

Freddie Fulham was pretty prominent back in the day. Had a bit in the match day programme. Nice to see him doing well. Although hate to say it but he must be getting on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Drewry66 on August 08, 2023, 02:15:56 PM

Bring it on.

Complete guess but I think we might consider this. Fluminese apparently want 25 million euros to sell in Jan so around £23 million. If we get Fred for around £12 million we have enough for now so can wait. We could get him and then potentially sell one of the midfielders next summer to balance out FFP a bit. There is potential in Andre that we pick him up for £23 million we could sell him for £60 million in a few years if he's as good as expected (there is a reason Liverpool are looking) so again just for that I think we should do it. Even if we don't sell we have a ready made Fred/Read replacement for the longer term. We should put the money down now and secure him if Liverpool are out of the race before others come sniffing.

Reed and TC have an extension beyond this season, so both will be entering the final year of their contracts (potentially) in the summer of 24. Given the club's recent stance on players entering their final year post Fabio, it wouldn't surprise me if one or both move on next summer as you say.

LC

Quote from: WolverineFFC on August 08, 2023, 03:06:20 PM
Quote from: Drewry66 on August 08, 2023, 02:15:56 PM

Bring it on.

Reed and TC have an extension beyond this season, so both will be entering the final year of their contracts (potentially) in the summer of 24. Given the club's recent stance on players entering their final year post Fabio, it wouldn't surprise me if one or both move on next summer as you say.

I would be surprised if Reed wasn't offered a contract extension especially if he performs well this season

perry geyton

Quote from: JimmyConway on August 08, 2023, 11:17:15 AMWould of preferred Andre personally as I don't see Fred offering anymore than Harrison as a footballer. Happy to be proved wrong if he does sign. Must be a concern about the amount of cards Fred and Joao will pick up?
Correct me if I'm wrong but in my eyes Harrison offers a hell of a lot, the unsung hero of our team

jayffc

Quote from: perry geyton on August 08, 2023, 04:04:21 PM
Quote from: JimmyConway on August 08, 2023, 11:17:15 AMWould of preferred Andre personally as I don't see Fred offering anymore than Harrison as a footballer. Happy to be proved wrong if he does sign. Must be a concern about the amount of cards Fred and Joao will pick up?
Correct me if I'm wrong but in my eyes Harrison offers a hell of a lot, the unsung hero of our team

Agreed
He's actually really bloody good and links the defense to attack really very well, good pace an incredible engine. Out shadowed alot of the time but does alot of important work

LC

Quote from: perry geyton on August 08, 2023, 04:04:21 PM

Yeah Reed is good and massively underrated.

I think Fred is a top player as well. I would personally pay for Andre and let him join in January.

I think Palhinha will be fit in a week or two and we have Lukic and Reed fit. I would use one of the international loan spots to add cover until January.

If Andre is not possible then I would go for Fred