Main Menu

Carabao cup

Started by gang, August 09, 2023, 10:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gang

SP

Pants, so disappointed

demeant0r

For the love of Jesus, why couldn't we get a league one opposition?

SP

Of course our neighbours get AFC Wimbledon at home.

Whitestone

You just couldn't make it up could you. Another crap cup draw.

MikeTheCubed

Man City weren't available.

gang

Never seem to have luck with cup draws.

The Enclosurite

Hopefully the club won't give away our season ticket seats this season before we've had a chance to buy them - was a right pain in the backside last season!
¡COYW!

SerbianLad

Of course we get almost the worst possible draw. Hopefully we'll get some new signings and they could then be given a chance there.

demeant0r

Also, how is it fair that the clubs who are in European competitions can start this competition later than every other team?

Lighthouse

When you are in the Prem all that matters is survival. The FA Cup is always important and prestigious. But the League Cup or whoever the hell sponsors it has never been much more than a play the reserves and see what happens until we get into the later rounds.

So nice to see Solomon (does he play for them now) back at the Cottage but of little interest other than that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SP

If the tickets are expensive I think there may actually be more Spurs fans in the ground than FFC

Whitestone

Quote from: demeant0r on August 09, 2023, 10:41:04 PMAlso, how is it fair that the clubs who are in European competitions can start this competition later than every other team?

I think that's reasonable considering the potential fixture congestion for those teams. We benefited from it all those years ago!

Information

Aston Villa are playing on the Thursday in Qualifying so that is fair that they don't play League Cup on Weds

SerbianLad

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 09, 2023, 10:45:54 PMWhen you are in the Prem all that matters is survival. The FA Cup is always important and prestigious. But the League Cup or whoever the hell sponsors it has never been much more than a play the reserves and see what happens until we get into the later rounds.

So nice to see Solomon (does he play for them now) back at the Cottage but of little interest other than that.
I largely agree, but League Cup is probably our best chance to win a trophy this season. Most clubs don't take it seriously, so you can get really far. Southampton were in the semis last year and they were without doubt the weakest team in the PL. Forest were in the semis as well and they battled relegation whole season. I remember Aston Villa playing in the final a few years ago when they were fighting for survival in the PL.

C Block

Sandwiched between Arsenal and Man City away there is no chance we play our strongest team or anywhere remotely like it,
And we're up against a team that will be hell bent on winning it (As will Chelsea)as they have no European football to worry about.
This is an awful draw for us in every sense.

KJS

Quote from: demeant0r on August 09, 2023, 10:33:56 PMFor the love of Jesus, why couldn't we get a league one opposition?

We got Crawley last season and we know what happened then!!!

General

Aren't people saying spurs could be in for a rocky ride this season, particularly if they lose kane to Bayern..

A home game against them at this stage may not be the worst.

Not a guarantee of a positive result got us, but journos don't seem to think they're in the best place.

St Eve

No problem with the draw. Spurs are not a threat

Lester Burnham

Quote from: C Block on August 09, 2023, 11:06:48 PMSandwiched between Arsenal and Man City away there is no chance we play our strongest team or anywhere remotely like it,
And we're up against a team that will be hell bent on winning it (As will Chelsea)as they have no European football to worry about.
This is an awful draw for us in every sense.
This