watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham in advanced talks to sign Traore

Started by Lambo, August 11, 2023, 01:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobh Fulham Fan

I think he will be a plus and im eager to see what Marco can do with him, but I'm amused by the Sky Headline which says Fulham are in advanced talks about recruiting him.  I thought we were in advanced talks about all the other potential recruits they told us were Cottage bound!

hovewhite

Should be a swift conclusion with no fees involved even for khan jr

Southdowns White

Quote from: hovewhite on August 11, 2023, 04:43:31 PMShould be a swift conclusion with no fees involved even for khan jr
23.59 deadline day then!

fancyfeet4

Just not a fan.  I used to be, but the more I watch him, the more he is kind of a waste of talent.  He has pace and power, and gets in good spots, but often I am disappointed with his final product. 

If he accepts a role, maybe its fine.  He does bring a different dynamic to the game when he comes in, but last season he had 34 games, 12 starts and only 2 goals and an assist. He had one season with 4 goals and 9 assists (19/20) but overall his career is just a lot of nothing in terms of the end product.

For a free transfer, maybe its worth the risk.  He is only 27 but there is a reason he only started 12 games at a pretty bad Wolves team.

WindyCity

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 11, 2023, 04:57:52 PMJust not a fan.  I used to be, but the more I watch him, the more he is kind of a waste of talent.  He has pace and power, and gets in good spots, but often I am disappointed with his final product.  If he accepts a role, maybe its fine.  He does bring a different dynamic to the game when he comes in, but last season he had 34 games, 12 starts and only 2 goals and an assist. He had one season with 4 goals and 9 assists (19/20) but overall his career is just a lot of nothing in terms of the end product.  For a free transfer, maybe its worth the risk.  He is only 27 but there is a reason he only started 12 games at a pretty bad Wolves team.

Agree with most of this.  Young guy, big, strong, powerful, BUT CANNOT FINISH!  This is a huge problem.  His acquisition would have to come with some improvement in this area of his game.  Can do it all except collect goals and/or assists. 

alfie

Quote from: WindyCity on August 11, 2023, 05:01:49 PM
Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 11, 2023, 04:57:52 PMJust not a fan.  I used to be, but the more I watch him, the more he is kind of a waste of talent.  He has pace and power, and gets in good spots, but often I am disappointed with his final product.  If he accepts a role, maybe its fine.  He does bring a different dynamic to the game when he comes in, but last season he had 34 games, 12 starts and only 2 goals and an assist. He had one season with 4 goals and 9 assists (19/20) but overall his career is just a lot of nothing in terms of the end product.  For a free transfer, maybe its worth the risk.  He is only 27 but there is a reason he only started 12 games at a pretty bad Wolves team.

Agree with most of this.  Young guy, big, strong, powerful, BUT CANNOT FINISH!  This is a huge problem.  His acquisition would have to come with some improvement in this area of his game.  Can do it all except collect goals and/or assists. 

But he may do the job for us, let's give him a chance, if he comes of course.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

hovewhite

Well at wost it's another body in the squad.

Woolly Mammoth

He is not the finished article but he will do a good job for us.
He is swift and powerful and gets round the back of defences
If he is going that cheap it's a no brainer
He knows the English Premier League and he won't be bullied with his upper body strength and he has played with Jimenez.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Yes from me.
Exciting signing, with Boa and Marco waving their magic wands.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RaySmith

I remember him scoring a great winning goal for Wolves against us a couple of years ago - we were committed to attack, trying to save the game, and he broke away with the ball, ran the length of the pitch, beat our defenders and scored.

Think he could be a very good signing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56409367

@jolslover

Buzzing, what an exciting signing. I don't even care really if he is good or not but he is the type of player on his day who is worth the entrance fee alone, I have never seen a player dribble past players as easily as him.

For anyone unsure, watch this comp to see what he is capable of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Xws892R1o&t=455s
STH H3

Stevieboy

Didn't he score a last minute breakaway goal against us a few seasons ago ??

filham

We have Wilson and Willian, we need one more first choice outstanding wide man and one for cover, perhaps this guy plus CHO would  would meet our needs  and not break the budget.

@jolslover

For people criticising his end product, have a watch of this video - and how many are assists to Jimenez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORj-QmMAco
STH H3

ianthailand

Quote from: hovewhite on August 11, 2023, 05:28:41 PMWell at wost it's another body in the squad.
The size of him it's nearer 2 bodies!

demeant0r

Seems like this season's James but that's not necessarily a bad thing

H4usuallysitting

St Eve

bog

Quote from: Stevieboy on August 11, 2023, 05:53:15 PMDidn't he score a last minute breakaway goal against us a few seasons ago ??

Yes and very painful that was.

hovewhite

This story could be a fairy tale and probably is.