watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham in advanced talks to sign Traore

Started by Lambo, August 11, 2023, 01:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahay18

An upgrade on James and as much we all loved Kebano , an upgrade there too . Silva improves players , could be a smart move .

cmg

Quote from: @jolslover on August 11, 2023, 05:49:21 PMBuzzing, what an exciting signing. I don't even care really if he is good or not but he is the type of player on his day who is worth the entrance fee alone, I have never seen a player dribble past players as easily as him.

For anyone unsure, watch this comp to see what he is capable of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Xws892R1o&t=455s

Blimey. I'm amazed Raul hasn't adopted him.

Thames Bank 1

And he helps out defensively, can you imagine him and Tete

Drewry66

Quote from: @jolslover on August 11, 2023, 06:02:22 PMFor people criticising his end product, have a watch of this video - and how many are assists to Jimenez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORj-QmMAco

Okay I'm getting more and more excited about this. WSW says it's done on the transfer thread (WSW is a ledge). He's had a couple of poor years but him and RJ were on fire before that and he had a load of assists. Even the last few years the stats show he's created stuff but it hasn't been finished. He's never been great at scoring but when on form he has a load of assists in him with the right striker on form. Think him and RJ really missed Nuno as they need a system that suits them and a manger with faith in them. Marco has the system and the man management for both.

The guy can clearly cross and get him in form and Mitro is going to be absolutely licking his lips. Also mitros hold up turn and pass to set him away could be lethal.

I also love that he gets to the byline. Love Wilson and think he will have a big year but 9 times out of 10 he cuts inside so again much more dangerous if we get to the byline and cut crosses back for Mitro or RJ. CHO with Marco working his magic on both and it could be electric.

COYW  ::scarf::

copthornemike

Mitrovic, Jimenez, Traore.
Unlikely front three, but with that combined strength and power who would want to be an opposing CB?

Drewry66

Quote from: copthornemike on August 11, 2023, 11:38:03 PMMitrovic, Jimenez, Traore.
Unlikely front three, but with that combined strength and power who would want to be an opposing CB?

Final 10 mins bombardment if we need a goal. Scary.  ::thumb::

General

Quote from: fancyfeet4 on August 11, 2023, 04:57:52 PMJust not a fan.  I used to be, but the more I watch him, the more he is kind of a waste of talent.  He has pace and power, and gets in good spots, but often I am disappointed with his final product. 

If he accepts a role, maybe its fine.  He does bring a different dynamic to the game when he comes in, but last season he had 34 games, 12 starts and only 2 goals and an assist. He had one season with 4 goals and 9 assists (19/20) but overall his career is just a lot of nothing in terms of the end product.

For a free transfer, maybe its worth the risk.  He is only 27 but there is a reason he only started 12 games at a pretty bad Wolves team.

I'm not 'not a fan'.. personally I'm ambivalent. He's one of those players who has registered because he is rapid and isn't built like most footballers aside from perhaps akinfenwa..

That makes you intrigued, but the two commonly held criticisms is he has a very poor end product, either finding a pass after he's gone on a run, or scoring.. the second criticism is that his dribbles are normally a head down and go for it, which can often lead to him losing the ball.

Now, it's hopefully significantly risk free.. no fee, a jaded player who wants to get going again and in a new environment. He has played and done well alongside Raul Jimenez at Wolves, so perhaps, alongside coaching from Marco and Luis, he can get better at the two key parts he seems to be missing. If he sorts those two things out, even if he just sorts out his composure for decision making then he could prove useful.

One thing that is clear is that he would be a great impact sub, running down tired legs. Also he's 27 and whilst raw, if polished, could be a good signing.

Clearly silva likes having a squad full of players that have a different profile and add a different tactical advantage to the team.

Ours is also becoming massive in general..

Traore, Bassey, Palhinha, Mitro.. not exactly light touches.

Adding another 4-5 players on top of his transfer could round out the squad and window nicely.. as long as they're not all bloody loans again.

General

Quote from: copthornemike on August 11, 2023, 11:38:03 PMMitrovic, Jimenez, Traore.

Or a front four of..

‐------------Mitro----------

Willian---jimenez----traore

With jimenez and Mitro dovetailing with one another..

Drewry66

Quote from: General on August 12, 2023, 06:27:23 AM

Or a front four of..

This is very interesting. RJ s only played second striker/ten 13 times but very successfully with 6 goals. He defo has the work ethic and defensive ability as well to do the Andreas press.

Not sure Marco will do it however very often. Apparently we are looking for a new 10 to compete with Andreas so not sure we'd be starting RJ there when we already have Cairney, BDR and CHO if he comes who can play there on top of the new incoming. Maybe one for the last 10 mins however if we need a goal!

General

Quote from: Drewry66 on August 12, 2023, 10:05:53 AM

Or a front four of..

This is very interesting. RJ s only played second striker/ten 13 times but very successfully with 6 goals. He defo has the work ethic and defensive ability as well to do the Andreas press.

Not sure Marco will do it however very often. Apparently we are looking for a new 10 to compete with Andreas so not sure we'd be starting RJ there when we already have Cairney, BDR and CHO if he comes who can play there on top of the new incoming. Maybe one for the last 10 mins however if we need a goal!

I'm thinking of the players and how they can operate, watching some of the videos of Jimenez with traore he clearly has the ability to lay the ball on for others and hold it up or pay an acute through ball, it's also something Mitro is very at ease with, so it could just operate as a fluid movement between the two, where whichever finds themselves in the space can lay the ball off for the other, but equally be a lethal finisher in front of goal, with work ethic etc to go with it.

If both on form, we've now potentially got two 15-20 goal a season strikers (if kept fit and find form)..

They both seem particularly technically good but also intellectually aware footballers - use of body, space, technique, their surroundings etc.

You could see mitro come in to the hole and then jimenez multiple times a game. Would be a handful for a lot of teams I reckon, especially considering they'll still have to deal with wingers and goalscoring ability of palhinha etc.

bobbo

Reminds me of AK but with more to his game and more finesse .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

hovewhite

Quote from: General on August 12, 2023, 10:38:26 AM
Quote from: Drewry66 on August 12, 2023, 10:05:53 AM

Or a front four of..

I'm thinking of the players and how they can operate, watching some of the videos of Jimenez with traore he clearly has the ability to lay the ball on for others and hold it up or pay an acute through ball, it's also something Mitro is very at ease with, so it could just operate as a fluid movement between the two, where whichever finds themselves in the space can lay the ball off for the other, but equally be a lethal finisher in front of goal, with work ethic etc to go with it.

If both on form, we've now potentially got two 15-20 goal a season strikers (if kept fit and find form)..

They both seem particularly technically good but also intellectually aware footballers - use of body, space, technique, their surroundings etc.

You could see mitro come in to the hole and then jimenez multiple times a game. Would be a handful for a lot of teams I reckon, especially considering they'll still have to deal with wingers and goalscoring ability of palhinha etc.

that's if mitro isn't away this window.
On that I read somewhere that mitro doesn't want another British club.

SerbianLad

Here comes the announcement. Club teasing it on twitter