watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pundits

Started by Andy S, August 14, 2023, 01:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I haven't read much that has been written by the pundits this year. However I have just caught Robbie Savage's column in one of the papers and he predicts that we will finish in 16th place. Is that basically what most of them think? Because if it is it is better that we have signed a few good players and are going to compete for a top half position this season.

WhiteJC

from what I've read the general consensus is that we'll finish 13

hovewhite

Don't bother with pundits as we have a better idea being nearer to comings and goings of our club.

TheOnionBag

Quote from: hovewhite on August 14, 2023, 09:27:48 AMDon't bother with pundits as we have a better idea being nearer to comings and goings of our club.
I wonder what information the Luton fan was privy to when he phoned 5 live to say they were going to win the league ! (at least I am sure that is what he said). Plus after Seri scoring that cracker against Burnley I though we had a real player on our hands, I am sure I was not alone at that point thinking we would stay up comfortably.
The trouble with fans predictions is generally they are made with the heart not the head, personally I can't see us finishing above anyone who was above us last year (bar Brentford) and of those below us Chelsea will finish above us and possibly West Ham (if they spend well) so I would hope we won't finish lower than 11th, but recon we could be anywhere between 10th and 15th. 

hovewhite

Quote from: hovewhite on August 14, 2023, 09:27:48 AMDon't bother with pundits as we have a better idea being nearer to comings and goings of our club.
I can see that point of view.I prefer just to watch the games go by see how we do without any preconceived ideas.

SP

My paper predicted Burnley to finish above us, I'm not sure how they could possibly come to that conclusion.

filham

No evidence to show that pundits are better at predicting results than fans, so just stick with your own opinion.
I wouldn't dare make a Fulham prediction until at least 10 matches into the season.
Mind you a win against Brentford on Saturday and positive thoughts will be in my mind but I will keep them to myself for a while.

Woolly Mammoth

Pundits are an itch you cannot scratch, being paid money for old rope.
As for Savage i am to understand he is banned from going anywhere near an animal with a hoof.

Did you know that statistically 6 out of 7 Dwarfs are not Happy.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Surlyc

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 14, 2023, 08:54:22 AMfrom what I've read the general consensus is that we'll finish 13
This is generally what I've seen and I think it is entirely reasonable. I'd be happy with finishing 13th.

Lighthouse

Pundits are people who know no more and even less than the rest of us. But get paid for thinking they do.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

WhiteJC

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2023, 01:36:59 PMPundits are people who know no more and even less than the rest of us. But get paid for thinking they do.

a friend of mine used to describe an expert, are pundits considered experts?, as...

ex - as in "has been"
spert - as in "drip under pressure"

cookieg

Quote from: SP on August 14, 2023, 10:55:27 AMMy paper predicted Burnley to finish above us, I'm not sure how they could possibly come to that conclusion.

Probably because of Vincent Kompany and they think he has what it takes to keep them up.

HobGoblin

Anyone who listens to Robbie Savage needs to give their head a wobble. W@nk player, W'nk pundit

Andy S

Quote from: HobGoblin on August 14, 2023, 10:31:16 PMAnyone who listens to Robbie Savage needs to give their head a wobble. W@nk player, W'nk pundit

So you don't like the man!

alfie

Quote from: Andy S on August 15, 2023, 12:21:53 AM
Quote from: HobGoblin on August 14, 2023, 10:31:16 PMAnyone who listens to Robbie Savage needs to give their head a wobble. W@nk player, W'nk pundit

So you don't like the man!
I like him, my head is perfectly still.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't