https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Those Season ticket holders living outside London

Started by Sammyffc, August 14, 2023, 12:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sammyffc

How do you get to games ?

Drive? Train?

I recently moved for work and the train prices are absolutely SCANDALOUS to get into London so i may just drive, if parking is easy?

Kimbleman

Where abouts did you move to? Lift share with another ST holder that loves near you. I'm in Mid Buckinghamshire (just south of Aylesbury) and my daughter and I drive to each match.

Deeping_white

I go with a group of us who alternate driving from Lincolnshire - there are areas around Fulham you can park in for free at weekends, see this link: https://www.lbhf.gov.uk/parking/pay-and-display/map-controlled-parking-zones

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Whitestone

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 14, 2023, 12:20:10 PMHow do you get to games ?

Drive? Train?

I recently moved for work and the train prices are absolutely SCANDALOUS to get into London so i may just drive, if parking is easy?

Buy a yearly railcard and get a third off the price of a rail ticket.

Sammyffc

Thanks for all the suggestions, recently moved to Manchester.

I looked at yearly rail cards and it said itll cost 17,000 a year ???? am i doing something wrong ?

Whitestone

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 14, 2023, 12:59:34 PMThanks for all the suggestions, recently moved to Manchester.

I looked at yearly rail cards and it said itll cost 17,000 a year ???? am i doing something wrong ?
Railcards cost £30 a year. You can sometimes get railcards valid for three years at a reduced price.

SuffolkWhite

Travel from Ipswich and use a over 50 rail card, it gets a percentage off fares, I also book early once I know the tv dates have been selected. I also share a season ticket now to halve the cost over the season.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jim©

Drive from South Devon.
Train can be pretty quick (2hrs 30 min on a fast one) but it's ridiculously expensive- around £300 return for son and I at least.

Wolf

I basically drive everywhere I go. Would prefer to use the train but it is ludicrously expensive.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 14, 2023, 12:59:34 PMThanks for all the suggestions, recently moved to Manchester.

That's correct, but send me the money - and I'll get you one for £16;500..... Get yourself an annual railcard usually cost £30/year...but sometimes Trainline have them cheaper

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Jim© on August 14, 2023, 01:21:35 PMDrive from South Devon.
Train can be pretty quick (2hrs 30 min on a fast one) but it's ridiculously expensive- around £300 return for son and I at least.

Have you tried the SW Train from Exeter...found that to be cheaper

dorsetwhite

Get a railcard. Book in advance, it's considerably cheaper.

mrmicawbers

My Head Office is in Manchester,maybe you could go to my meetings and I will attend Fulham for you. ::wink::

copthornemike

Burt

I drive, and tend to park on Festing Road, off the Lower Richmond Rd. I never have any problems parking, but the parking fee is a tad on the high side for a Saturday 3pm kick-off!

stokesy

I get the train from Warwick with my 2 grandchildren £31,if I travel midweek without my grandchildren use my senior Railcard £24.

Bill2

I live near Windsor, I park near Langley and get the 702 bus, if you have a bus pass it is free, if not it is £2 each way at the moment. Parking opposite the hotel entrance is free.

Southdowns White

I always drive from Sussex, if there are three of you travelling together you get a better rate on the train, you must travel everywhere together though. £19.50 for a one day travel card from West Sussex.

DukeTyrion

I live on the edge of London, so I tend to drive to Ruislip, then catch a train straight to Hammersmith. I have never been a big fan of London traffic.