https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Mitro is so desperate

Started by KJS, August 16, 2023, 02:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rightwhite

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 05:54:55 PM
Quote from: Rightwhite on August 16, 2023, 05:51:29 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 05:46:46 PMTbh i don't care if its a pony league or not.

If i was raised in war torn Serbia and can make generational wealth then i don't really care what a fan from a Fulham thinks, a stereotypically upper class football club.

We can still enjoy our scones and jam without mitro. let him do what he has to do.
I don't care if its a pony league or not either. Couldnt care less. My point being, the league is not a good standard. What about international call ups? Will these players still get them playing in a sh1t league or will these coaches of national teams look to European clubs where the standard is so much higher.

Dude he is Serbian. The serbia national team has players who play in greece, Cyprus , MLS, League 2 in France etc.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/serbia-world-cup-2022-squad-dragan-stojkovic-names-his-latest-squad
Thanks for telling me he is Serbian BTW
I didn't know that.

Sammyffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 16, 2023, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 05:46:46 PMTbh i don't care if its a pony league or not.

If i was raised in war torn Serbia and can make generational wealth then i don't really care what a fan from a Fulham thinks, a stereotypically upper class football club.

We can still enjoy our scones and jam without mitro. let him do what he has to do.
I don't care if its a pony league or not either. Couldnt care less. My point being, the league is not a good standard. What about international call ups? Will these players still get them playing in a sh1t league or will these coaches of national teams look to European clubs where the standard is so much higher.

Dude he is Serbian. The serbia national team has players who play in greece, Cyprus , MLS, League 2 in France etc.

We're not exactly an elite NT, but this is straight up false. Vast majority of our team plays in top 5 European leagues.

erm False ? And where did i say vast majority? I said the Serbian national team has players from *** leagues, and they do. From call ups in the last 12 months they have had:

Marko Ilic - Colorado Rapids
Ranko Veselinovic - Vancouver Whitecaps
Mijat Gacinovic - AEK Athens
Nikola Petkovic - Crown Legacy
Veljko Simic - Omonia ( cyprus )
Luka Ilic - Troyes AC ( ligue 2 )
Nikola Stulic - Sporting Charleroi ( Romania )

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2023, 05:49:31 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on August 16, 2023, 05:40:39 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2023, 05:25:52 PMAre millionaire players playing there to gain honours and play at the very top level of football?

No

Are millionaire footballers playing there to gain propaganda advantages for a despotic regime while telling people that murders of the very minorities they have been supposedly supporting don't happen.

Yes.

Let's try and be honest. Greed is fine if you support it. Murdering and chopping up journalists who write disparaging things about the regime is fine if you look away. Making women and minorities lives dangerous to live unless they behave is no problem. This isn't about sport for those going there. It is about making millions while being a propaganda tool for the Saudi Royal Family.
I think most footballers aren't that "deep". They probably don't know much about what's happening there.

Neymar sees a 100 million a year offer, with bonuses like 500k for every post promoting Saudi Arabia, a luxurious mansion that's fully staffed, multiple luxurious cars, etc. and he probably thinks, well I'm getting closer and closet to the end of my career I might as well take this ridiculous offer. I doubt he knows the extent of atrocities you've mentioned.

I simply can't accept that they are all ignorant and stupid.

They're fully aware of it but don't care. Simple as

Milo

I know it's a frustrating time but let's not fight between ourselves.  ::scarf::

SerbianLad

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 06:07:00 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on August 16, 2023, 06:01:29 PM

We're not exactly an elite NT, but this is straight up false. Vast majority of our team plays in top 5 European leagues.

erm False ? And where did i say vast majority? I said the Serbian national team has players from *** leagues, and they do. From call ups in the last 12 months they have had:

Marko Ilic - Colorado Rapids
Ranko Veselinovic - Vancouver Whitecaps
Mijat Gacinovic - AEK Athens
Nikola Petkovic - Crown Legacy
Veljko Simic - Omonia ( cyprus )
Luka Ilic - Troyes AC ( ligue 2 )
Nikola Stulic - Sporting Charleroi  ( Romania )

That was from a friendly that was in the middle of the season. It was a team consisting of exclusively players from MLS (where there was a break) and Serbian league (clubs were forced to let players go). Most of those players will never play for our NT again. In the meantime some of them changed clubs.

P.S. Sporting Charleroi is from Belgium not Romania.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Rightwhite on August 16, 2023, 06:05:05 PM

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/serbia-world-cup-2022-squad-dragan-stojkovic-names-his-latest-squad
I didn't know that.
Exactly this. There are almost no players from leagues he mentioned.

Sammyffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on August 16, 2023, 06:18:26 PM

I didn't know that.

But the players i did mention were called up to the national team, that's a fact. Just because it wasn't a specific

Mitro will still be picked for the National team when he is in Saudi whether you guys like it or not.

Thinking he won't be picked because he is in a league with 50% ex prem players is absolutely absurd.

SerbianLad

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 06:21:52 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on August 16, 2023, 06:18:26 PM

I didn't know that.

But the players i did mention were called up to the national team, that's a fact. Just because it wasn't a specific

Mitro will still be picked for the National team when he is in Saudi whether you guys like it or not.

Thinking he won't be picked because he is in a league with 50% ex prem players is absolutely absurd.
But it wasn't our national team. We do those kind of friendlies all the time, it's to raise money for our FA. They aren't even in the FIFA window for friendlies. We did one against Japan recently, we also played some Caribean teams, USA multiple times etc. That isn't really our national team.

I personaly believe he will get picked, much to my disappointment, because our head coach really likes him and Milinkovic-Savic. But you're statement was simply untrue.

ron

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 16, 2023, 04:19:04 PMNot sure God can help?

Mammon might have a hand in the proceedings though....

Lighthouse

Quote from: Milo on August 16, 2023, 06:14:18 PMI know it's a frustrating time but let's not fight between ourselves.  ::scarf::

Oh yeah you want to come outside and say that.

Please don't take me up on it.   ::cry::
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

perry geyton

Quote from: Rightwhite on August 16, 2023, 05:08:58 PM
Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 04:58:07 PMdon't blame him tbh, make the big money and play in a decent side with a front 6 of Neymar, Mitro, Malcom, Neves and Milinkovic savic
What, in a pony league??? Do they even have their version of Europa league etc?
Quote from: Sammyffc on August 16, 2023, 04:58:07 PMdon't blame him tbh, make the big money and play in a decent side with a front 6 of Neymar, Mitro, Malcom, Neves and Milinkovic savic
Crappy stadiums with no atmosphere playing Against pub teams
Sounds inspiring 
They'll all become worse players for it

ron

Quote from: perry geyton on August 16, 2023, 07:53:10 PM
Crappy stadiums with no atmosphere playing Against pub teams
Sounds inspiring 
They'll all become worse players for it

...but materially richer human beings. Spiritually they might also realise why they ever 'took the knee', because they'll pass the workers' camps in their air conditioned limousines and see modern economic enslavement at first hand.

KJS

Quote from: blingo on August 16, 2023, 04:22:58 PMWe will miss him massively but, I can't blame him for going, if he goes. Which one of you wouldn't like to at least treble your wage?
We're going back into the realms of silly arguements here are we not?

Going to go and play football alongside Neymar alone, must be like a dream come true.

I for one would always welcome him back at FFC

I for one will always respect him

Yes but in that case why not request a transfer instead of doing it this way??

blingo

Quote from: KJS on August 16, 2023, 08:17:03 PM
Quote from: blingo on August 16, 2023, 04:22:58 PMWe will miss him massively but, I can't blame him for going, if he goes. Which one of you wouldn't like to at least treble your wage?

Going to go and play football alongside Neymar alone, must be like a dream come true.

I don't know,but knowing the club has come in for him, why would he ask for a transfer, to save the club money? Players nowadays look after themselves.

cookieg

Quote from: blingo on August 16, 2023, 08:40:10 PM
Quote from: KJS on August 16, 2023, 08:17:03 PM

I don't know,but knowing the club has come in for him, why would he ask for a transfer, to save the club money? Players nowadays look after themselves.

Well it could backfire on him as SK may continue to refuse to sell him and he is left at Fulham at the end of the window. And I really can't see SK agreeing to a move after our window has shut. If he wants out and no one really knows that for sure then he should hand in a transfer request.

AJW48361

Just want him to go now.Waiting for the FFC text message.

RaySmith

Just  have to wait and see what happens - none of us know the truth of the situation, except it seems a big offer has been made for Mitro, and that it seems he at least seems to have considered/is considering it, and so is the club - well they have to consider it I suppose, if Mitro is, but as I said, none of us really know what's happening.

Across the media,  it's reported that  Mitro has  accepted terms with the Saudis, but, again, none of us know the truth.

I don't see the point in us arguing amongst ourselves, when we're all ignorant of what is really going on.

Have to wait and see what happens, not much else we can do.

Buffalo76

Shame Mitro doesn't think along the same lines as Wojciech Szczesny who says he has no interest of quitting Juventus for Saudi Arabia, saying he has "other priorities than pursuing money".

The 33-year-old has been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League, but is set to stay in Turin for now.

"I have no shortage of money in my life. I prefer cool challenges, and defending the Juventus goal is the coolest challenge I can give myself," he said.

"I don't read much about football, but I know a few players have gone there [Saudi Arabia] and I'm not surprised.

"I understand that someone can make such a decision and it seems quite logical. I believe it is worth having other priorities than pursuing money."

SerbianLad

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 17, 2023, 07:38:59 PMShame Mitro doesn't think along the same lines as Wojciech Szczesny who says he has no interest of quitting Juventus for Saudi Arabia, saying he has "other priorities than pursuing money".

The 33-year-old has been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League, but is set to stay in Turin for now.

"I have no shortage of money in my life. I prefer cool challenges, and defending the Juventus goal is the coolest challenge I can give myself," he said.

"I don't read much about football, but I know a few players have gone there [Saudi Arabia] and I'm not surprised.

"I understand that someone can make such a decision and it seems quite logical. I believe it is worth having other priorities than pursuing money."
While I admire the sentiment, the part I bolded is a bit rich coming from him considering his reported 200k pounds a week salary. I doubt he was paid little at Arsenal as well.

Not saying that Mitro or even more so Neymar don't earn a lot already, but I doubt Sczesny would get offered much more in Saudi Arabia than he is earning right now.

alfie

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 17, 2023, 07:38:59 PMShame Mitro doesn't think along the same lines as Wojciech Szczesny who says he has no interest of quitting Juventus for Saudi Arabia, saying he has "other priorities than pursuing money".

Maybe because the Saudis have not asked him, if they did perhaps he may have a different view.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't