watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best sports quotation of all times?

Started by NogoodBoyo, February 15, 2010, 02:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NogoodBoyo

I'll start with the captain of the Welsh rugby team, Ryan Jones's effort on Saturday. 
On being asked what was going through his mind when he made the crazy decision to take the penalty in the dying moments of the game that (I think) meant they had to convert it and get the ball back for another score to win without knowing how much injury time the referee was going to play:

"I suppose I put my cock on the block, but I got away with it, didn't I."

Nogood "didn't cock that one up, did he" Boyo

os5889

Mourinho's musings

"Wenger has a real problem with us and I think he is what you call in England a voyeur. He is someone who likes to watch other people. There are some guys who have this big telescope to look into the homes of other people and see what is happening. Wenger must be one of them - and it is a sickness . . . I don't know what is happening to him but I think he is in love with Chelsea. He loves us."

os5889

"When God was handing out brains Jonno decided to have a lie-in. He said to us recently: 'There are two suns, aren't there? One here and one abroad?'."

- West Brom's  Andrew Johnson (yes the welsh one) on Jonathan Greening.

NogoodBoyo

Da iawn, Owen. 
I saw you watched the Wales/Scotland game.  It was reported as being the most exciting game of all times!  We can't get any rugby over here.  Even the BBC online service doesn't show the highlights overseas.  Sickening.  I might just have to move back to the land of rain and gumboots.
Nogood "there's terrrible, it is isit" Boyo

os5889

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on February 15, 2010, 02:56:37 PM
Da iawn, Owen.  
I saw you watched the Wales/Scotland game.  It was reported as being the most exciting game of all times!  We can't get any rugby over here.  Even the BBC online service doesn't show the highlights overseas.  Sickening.  I might just have to move back to the land of rain and gumboots.
Nogood "there's terrrible, it is isit" Boyo

Be quick: -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSUQC1lgpO8

Wales vs Scotland 2010 Six Nations (Epic Comeback)

Hazey

Aussie wicket keeper Ian Healy to Sri Lankan captain Arjuna Ranatunga (?spelling) in reply to him asking the umpire for a runner...

"You don't get a runner for being an overweight, unfit, fat c*nt...."

Beautifully picked up by the stump microphone.

Ah the glory days when sledging stayed on field and you would have a beer with them at the close of play.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

SuffolkWhite

;D
"That's great, tell him he's Pele and get him back on."
John Lambie, Partick Thistle manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.
;D
"I was saying the other day, how often the most vulnerable area, for goalies is between their legs"
ANDY GRAY, SkySport
;D
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Rupert

Possibly apocryphal, but definately Fulhamish, after the 1975 Cup Final our goalie, Peter Mellor, reportedly told manager Alec Stock, "Sorry, I should have kept my legs closed,"
Replied Alec, "No, but your mother should have kept hers closed."
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

NogoodBoyo

Diolch yn fawr, Owen for the Wales v Scotland clip.  I watched it twice before the Beebyfuzz take it down.  What a finish!
Nogood "saying I was there, 'cos I wasn't, like" Boyo

KCat

finnster01

Nothing beat this though. Joe Kinnear in his finest moment, and at a press conference I might add. Don't let your kids listen...:
Joe Kinnear - You're a front bottom! rant at press conference.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

clintclintdeuce

From the legend of quotes, Yogi Berra

Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.

I never said most of the things I said.

If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

It ain't over till it's over.

We have deep depth.
The Dude abides.

FatFreddysCat

The Al Pacino (some crap American sort film) speech adapted for Fulham just before the Pompey away great escape game, well around that time (ish) made the hairs stand up on end. I'm sure WhiteNoise (sorry i keep lumbering you with the job)  will be able to find and post a link t it. Ok not really a quote , but class and i'd love to see it again.

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on February 16, 2010, 12:09:41 AM
The Al Pacino (some crap American sort film) speech adapted for Fulham just before the Pompey away great escape game, well around that time (ish) made the hairs stand up on end. I'm sure WhiteNoise (sorry i keep lumbering you with the job)  will be able to find and post a link t it. Ok not really a quote , but class and i'd love to see it again.

I know what youre talking about, it was from the movie "Any Given Sunday", one of my favorites... that clip was fantastic.
The Dude abides.

VicHalomsLovechild

"Football is not a matter of life and death... it's much more important than that".
Bill Shankly.

Vinnieffc

George Dubya Bush.. "I have my own opinions, sometimes very strong opinions, which sometimes I don't agree with"

The Doctor

"Had I not become a footballer, I think I would have been a virgin."

Peter Crouch

finnster01

Quote from: The Doctor on February 16, 2010, 11:23:10 AM
"Had I not become a footballer, I think I would have been a virgin."

Peter Crouch
That made me laugh. I think Peter Beardsley may very well have found himself in the same boat
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

TonyGilroy

Of Robbie Savage apparently.

If brains were chocolate he wouldn't have enough for a smartie.

The Doctor

Quote from: finnster01 on February 16, 2010, 11:25:02 AM
That made me laugh. I think Peter Beardsley may very well have found himself in the same boat

Beardsley once came into the shop I worked in.  After he left, a female colleague described him as "hot".  Her word.  I subsequently described her as "blind"