News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I told you so! Or Oh ye of little faith?

Started by JimmyConway, August 26, 2023, 10:29:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyConway

Will it be slump of the shoulders performance.
Does this team have enough character to give Arsenal a game.

Hope I am totally wrong but last two performances and nothing positive coming out of club that I am leaning towards heavy defeat. Just can't cling to anything positive with the club currently.

Twig

A friend has given me his spare Arsenal ST so I will be there in the home section watching us get tonked I fear. Ah well at least I won't give away my Fulham credentials by leaping up and down to celebrate our goals!  But perhaps I will be proved wrong.

ron

If we play like last week we won't even get a kick of the ball....except to kick it back to the centre spot for the restarts....

Positivity?.... not this week, though I'd loved to be proved wrong

Fulham76

Quote from: JimmyConway on August 26, 2023, 10:29:37 AMWill it be slump of the shoulders performance.
Does this team have enough character to give Arsenal a game.

Hope I am totally wrong but last two performances and nothing positive coming out of club that I am leaning towards heavy defeat. Just can't cling to anything positive with the club currently.

I'm fearing a bit of a spanking for us today. A VERY easy afternoons work for Arsenal unfortunately.

General

It doesn't look or feel good as a fan on the outside looking in.

Arsenal have strengthened. We've kept a lot of our core from last year, but missing mitro.

At the Emirates last year we were with our backs to the wall for a long time, with a cheeky mitro goal keeping the scores level.

The win, 2-1?, was a huge release for arsenal and their fans.

I'd like us to show up and give a good account of ourselves... there are just too many unknowns atm.

How will Jimenez actually settle, will bassey do well, our wingers haven't settled into form or selection in marcos mind, which cuts back on their confidence (willian and BDR are our best wingers imo).. Will traore do well?

We need palhinha to start for me at bare minimum. He's our metronome.

alfie

I'm actually embarrassed, not with the club or lack of signings, but with the defeatist thoughts of our supporters, we may get beaten, we may get thrashed, equally we may get a draw or we may even get a win. I just cannot bare the thought of going to a game believing we will lose.
In saying that it's not for me to tell people what they should think or feel.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

I expect manager and team to feel they can get something from this game, and will plan, and  give their all, to get this.

COYSW!!!!

jayffc

Its a bit early for either exclamation.

We got spanked by arsenal last year and would be understandable to expect similar this tbh

We havent won there in like 30 games.

We got 3 points on the board and a week left of the window

The assessments will make more sense when we see what we have come end of next week

Lazybones

I expect there will be something to gain from the game too. 

Not a win, but opportunity to test further which of the existing players are going to be able consistently to deliver shots on target. Two shots on target vs sixteen against Brentford, IIRC.   

Woolly Mammoth

A week in football is a long
time.
So please clear your heads over last week's debacle as you are only
beating yourselves up.

The players should show their metal today and makes us proud of them.

Is it Glorious defeat, is it a Momentous Victory, or is it an honourable draw.

True Grit is needed, have all 11 players got it ?
They better have, or their ass is grass and ime a lawnmower.

We shall know around 1700 hours today.
But i can forecast it will be one of those three.
So do not despair, Pride shall be restored.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

Sgt Fulham

filham

Breaking News - Just awoke from a dream where Bassey and Palhinha in the starting eleven made our defense rock solid and Arsenal could not break it down, then the second half introduction of Traore and Willian resulted wide play that Arsenal could not handle and a Jiminez hat trick, to give Fulham a 3-0 win.

All big money transfer deals now postponed with the realisation that all that is needed is cover at left back.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: alfie on August 26, 2023, 11:32:20 AMI'm actually embarrassed, not with the club or lack of signings, but with the defeatist thoughts of our supporters, we may get beaten, we may get thrashed, equally we may get a draw or we may even get a win. I just cannot bare the thought of going to a game believing we will lose.

We might win or draw but I think we'll lose, think it'll be a very one sided game, not defeatist but in my view realistic.

KentFulham

Quote from: alfie on August 26, 2023, 11:32:20 AMI'm actually embarrassed, not with the club or lack of signings, but with the defeatist thoughts of our supporters, we may get beaten, we may get thrashed, equally we may get a draw or we may even get a win. I just cannot bare the thought of going to a game believing we will lose.

People are fed up with lack of ambition following last season, price hikes on top of that with little to show for it.

I am a ST holder, didn't bother with the first game, may go to the next, although skipping Spurs as it is a rip off. I used to be excited by every game, supporters can be realistic without it being pessimistic

Ludlow Richard

Well the stats are not in our favour.

Forget Burnley away. Arsenal is our worst away ground. We've played 29 away games at Arsenal and our record is W0, D6, L23, GF26 GA72.

The only glimmer of promise is that we have at least drawn 3 of the last 6 away games there.

gang

A lot of those loses were at Highbury, new ground new statistic. However, not very hopeful things will change. ::cry::

MickyAdamsFamily

This thread has aged particularly well...

Sgt Fulham