watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony did a number on Bayern?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 01, 2023, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penfold

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 01, 2023, 05:44:29 PMIf Joao flew to Munich and has presumably come back does he get two lots of duty free?
If he does, I'm partial to an Ardbeg.

LRCN

Quote from: General on September 01, 2023, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: LRCN on September 01, 2023, 05:55:38 PM
Quote from: General on September 01, 2023, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on September 01, 2023, 05:40:34 PMAll the talk about the Khan's selling Paulinho and wanting to sell the club, seem to have been exaggerated and total BS.
Egg on lots of faces as Tony seems to have won that battle and again
proved to us, that they are in this club for a long period.
Apologies from some on here.
Back to loving the Khans chaps ?
My only disappointment now is the ticket prices for the lengthy supporters who are being squeezed out.
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

How do you figure that, the player has videos of him today walking around the Bayern Munich training ground and having had two medicals.

That's not winning a battle, that's screwing up majorly on a number of fronts and having a lack of basic fundamentals of how to operate and do a deal.. its detached.

All day the press have been saying we've been putting in bids by CM/DMs only to be rejected time and again because they don't want to come to us..

There are no positive spins to this.

The only saving grace is if palhinha comes back and plays for us without a dip in his enthusiasm or form.

We still needed 5 players with no outgoings including a main striker.

Iwobi and maybe the ajax LB are two.. that's three short at least.

Meanwhile players we could've paid £8m for went to sign for rivals because we dragged our feet to long.

Ineptitude frustrates me so much.

I mean, you see what you want to see, don't you.

You either see a club hold firm on their conditions in the face of player and buying club pressure.
or
You see a club who tentatively agreed to a deal and failed to meet conditions to deliver that deal.

Irregardless the facts are our most important asset remains with us for the time being having turned down the best part of £100m. Some of today's narratives are objectively in the bin, and I hope some people reflect on their hysteria.

Talk about facts and then a £100m fee (best part of), when the most that was quoted was a casual £40m below that at £60m.

If a club holds firm then they put in contingencies, they don't let the player fly without having backups lined up that have shown an interest because there's no benefit to the club having a player fly to another country and club and go through all the processes and get nowhere with it.

The narratives don't go in the bin, they exist and are valid. Palhinha was at Bayern training ground, on a deal that was given the potential go ahead last minute, without adequate replacements lined up, causing a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the fan base and for what?

That narrative is factual.. you can't dismiss it because it's uncomfortable. There's video evidence of palhinha at Bayern on deadline day, having last played for us on the weekend.. with our owners son celebrating his mother's birthday with a picture of him being chummy with palhinha.

Some people really want to keep their heads in the clouds.

If I'm to acknowledge it didn't go through and we didn't sell him because we didn't get a good replacement, then at least have the decency to acknowledge that it was a farce and we tried everything to try to, including approaching players who didn't seem to want to come and were inadequate back up to the player leaving and was poorly made decision strategically to do so.

How poor a decision will rest on the next 5 hours and how many faces do come through the door, how good they are and how our season between now and January at the least goes.

It's slightly embarrassing you don't know what 'best part of' means.

Here's what we know: Palhinha stays with us despite a club record sale on the table.
Quite honestly accepting £60m for Palhinha and replacing him w/ two £30m-odd starters probably keeps us as strong if not stronger. But we couldn't get the players in for whatever reasons - we can speculate but they will range from how attractive we are to the lack of time we have to negotiate transfers/with players - and this did not happen.

One thing you can't hang your hat on is this being a bad decision because the potential transfer out 'dissatisfied the fanbase'. Fans are grownups and are responsible for their emotions, not the owners in this instance. Some of the fan commentary has been poor, responding as if Palhinha had been sold and had not been replaced, rather than living in the present. I've seen you blame Fulham for this transfer falling through which is quite frankly oddball behaviour. Your bias taints your posts, unfortunately.
We were clearly happy to let Palhinha fly because if we did not, and we find satisfactory replacements, then there is no time for Bayern to perform their medical & other required processes. It was the sensible decision for all parties.

I am not a Khan apologist but this is a weird thing to be annoyed with the Khans about.

Rupert

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 01, 2023, 06:07:54 PMYou have completely failed to explain why this was a farce from FFC's end General. You just repeat yourself over and over. I guess we see what we want to see.

I remember deadline day a decade or so ago, an hour before the window shut. Talking heads in the studio were interrupted by exciting news from Spuds training ground. "Clint Dempsey has just arrived!"

Say WHAT?

"Tottenham have had a late bid for Clint Dempsey accepted, great news for Spurs fans."

Now THAT was a farce.

Oh, and it was before any of us had heard of Tony Khan.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Palhinha Colada

It makes absolutely no sense for it all to have been a gambit. If we were going to "fake" effort to try to find a replacement to torpedo the deal, then we should have just said a firm no two days ago. We allowed Joao to go over there and be prepared for the transfer and we were obviously trying to lure replacements (which, thank heavens, we didn't get). To spin it any other way seems pretty naive to me, and that's not absolved by a suggestion that we told Joao it may not happen. It's much easier to accept an absolute no than a tease on your dream move.

General

Quote from: LRCN on September 01, 2023, 06:24:04 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on September 01, 2023, 05:40:34 PMAll the talk about the Khan's selling Paulinho and wanting to sell the club, seem to have been exaggerated and total BS.
My only disappointment now is the ticket prices for the lengthy supporters who are being squeezed out.
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

How do you figure that, the player has videos of him today walking around the Bayern Munich training ground and having had two medicals.

That's not winning a battle, that's screwing up majorly on a number of fronts and having a lack of basic fundamentals of how to operate and do a deal.. its detached.

All day the press have been saying we've been putting in bids by CM/DMs only to be rejected time and again because they don't want to come to us..

The only saving grace is if palhinha comes back and plays for us without a dip in his enthusiasm or form.

Meanwhile players we could've paid £8m for went to sign for rivals because we dragged our feet to long.

You either see a club hold firm on their conditions in the face of player and buying club pressure.
or
You see a club who tentatively agreed to a deal and failed to meet conditions to deliver that deal.

Irregardless the facts are our most important asset remains with us for the time being having turned down the best part of £100m. Some of today's narratives are objectively in the bin, and I hope some people reflect on their hysteria.

Talk about facts and then a £100m fee (best part of), when the most that was quoted was a casual £40m below that at £60m.

If a club holds firm then they put in contingencies, they don't let the player fly without having backups lined up that have shown an interest because there's no benefit to the club having a player fly to another country and club and go through all the processes and get nowhere with it.

The narratives don't go in the bin, they exist and are valid. Palhinha was at Bayern training ground, on a deal that was given the potential go ahead last minute, without adequate replacements lined up, causing a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the fan base and for what?

That narrative is factual.. you can't dismiss it because it's uncomfortable. There's video evidence of palhinha at Bayern on deadline day, having last played for us on the weekend.. with our owners son celebrating his mother's birthday with a picture of him being chummy with palhinha.

If I'm to acknowledge it didn't go through and we didn't sell him because we didn't get a good replacement, then at least have the decency to acknowledge that it was a farce and we tried everything to try to, including approaching players who didn't seem to want to come and were inadequate back up to the player leaving and was poorly made decision strategically to do so.

How poor a decision will rest on the next 5 hours and how many faces do come through the door, how good they are and how our season between now and January at the least goes.

Here's what we know: Palhinha stays with us despite a club record sale on the table.
Quite honestly accepting £60m for Palhinha and replacing him w/ two £30m-odd starters probably keeps us as strong if not stronger. But we couldn't get the players in for whatever reasons - we can speculate but they will range from how attractive we are to the lack of time we have to negotiate transfers/with players - and this did not happen.

One thing you can't hang your hat on is this being a bad decision because the potential transfer out 'dissatisfied the fanbase'. Fans are grownups and are responsible for their emotions, not the owners in this instance. Some of the fan commentary has been poor, responding as if Palhinha had been sold and had not been replaced, rather than living in the present. I've seen you blame Fulham for this transfer falling through which is quite frankly oddball behaviour. Your bias taints your posts, unfortunately.
We were clearly happy to let Palhinha fly because if we did not, and we find satisfactory replacements, then there is no time for Bayern to perform their medical & other required processes. It was the sensible decision for all parties.

I am not a Khan apologist but this is a weird thing to be annoyed with the Khans about.

I know what best part of means, but I'm also aware saying something is 'the best part of', then quoting a figure £40m higher, when you could've said best part of £60m instead and been more accurate suggests you may be trying to blow it off or make it seem better than it was.. which is unnecessary and slightly pointless. Why not just mention £60m?

I don't know what you're referring to re me blaming fulham for the deal falling through.. that's an odd take on what I've been saying. The deal fell through because Bayern came in late in the window, fulham were open to letting him go but didn't have a replacement lined up who wanted to come. It's Bayerns fault as well as fulhams.. they could've and should've managed the situation better from both sides. Palhinha is the main victim here.

We were all aware that palhinha was a gem and at some point would probably leave us for a bugger club.. fair enough. But plan for that happening, know the players value and make sure you're not blurring any lines and risking it bringing the club into some aspects of disrepute.

E.g. Ivan berry saying he didn't know anything but wanted him to stay

Boa posting a cryptic post about friends not being friends and that they should do their jobs and unfollowjng palhinha.

I am solely frustrated by the manner of how this has all unfolded and the timing and unpreparedness of it more than anything else.

I don't begrudge palhinha moving on if and when he does. I'd like him to stay but I'm not unaware of his value.

I just think it was amateurish and short sighted to allow it to happen in the way it did.

wback

I doubt it's too annoying for JP. Play well until Christmas and he'll have the whole world after him. If he does, we'll have 25 points, be well on the way to safety and will sell for even more.

LRCN

Quote from: General on September 01, 2023, 06:40:41 PM
Quote from: LRCN on September 01, 2023, 06:24:04 PM
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

or

I know what best part of means, but I'm also aware saying something is 'the best part of', then quoting a figure £40m higher, when you could've said best part of £60m instead and been more accurate suggests you may be trying to blow it off or make it seem better than it was.. which is unnecessary and slightly pointless. Why not just mention £60m?

I don't know what you're referring to re me blaming fulham for the deal falling through.. that's an odd take on what I've been saying. The deal fell through because Bayern came in late in the window, fulham were open to letting him go but didn't have a replacement lined up who wanted to come. It's Bayerns fault as well as fulhams.. they could've and should've managed the situation better from both sides. Palhinha is the main victim here.

We were all aware that palhinha was a gem and at some point would probably leave us for a bugger club.. fair enough. But plan for that happening, know the players value and make sure you're not blurring any lines and risking it bringing the club into some aspects of disrepute.

E.g. Ivan berry saying he didn't know anything but wanted him to stay

Boa posting a cryptic post about friends not being friends and that they should do their jobs and unfollowjng palhinha.

I am solely frustrated by the manner of how this has all unfolded and the timing and unpreparedness of it more than anything else.

I don't begrudge palhinha moving on if and when he does. I'd like him to stay but I'm not unaware of his value.

I just think it was amateurish and short sighted to allow it to happen in the way it did.

Here's what I'm referring to:
Capture.PNG

Of course this is all frustrating... We've collectively felt anxiety for 24 hours, for what feels like nothing. But there was a lot of money on the table and we owe it to ourselves to see if the club could come out healthier [both on the pitch as well as on the books] whilst moving on a player who seemed to be angling for a move [inferring from his keenness to travel abroad & Boa Morte's social activity], which is generally not healthy in a team environment. But that did not manifest and ultimately did not happen.

Palhinha is not a victim. He is a grown-up. Business does not happen all the time, all around the world. He'll get over it.

davew

All this transfer window s--t, thank God we have 4 months off until the next window and another 300 + pages to contribute to on the forum, which I think at the moment we have only signed 4 players which perhaps is 1/2 of what we need? Can't wait!!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ffcthereligion

That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

or

That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

or

Don't bother arguing with them mate. No point. Anyone with sense knows you're right you don't need to prove it to anyone

blingo

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 01, 2023, 05:44:29 PMIf Joao flew to Munich and has presumably come back does  :slap: he get two lots of duty free?

Depends on whether he went thru customs or stayed on the plane :slap:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: ffcthereligion on September 01, 2023, 07:16:30 PM
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

or

That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

or

Don't bother arguing with them mate. No point. Anyone with sense knows you're right you don't need to prove it to anyone

Absolutely Correct ⚽️⚽️🦣🦣
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

perry geyton

Quote from: Whitestone on September 01, 2023, 05:36:45 PMDid he ? It would have been more sensible if the club had said no to Bayern right from the start. Being realistic we had little or no chance of getting a suitable replacement with less than 48 hours notice.
Just curious
Do you live in a bubble ?

Luka

Tony didn't do number on Bayern.

Bayern left it much too late and assumed we would cave in.
We allowed JP to travel and I'm willing to bet both he and Bayern knew the caveats.

Bayern did a number on themselves.

alfie

He made the choice to go knowing full well that it was dependent on suitable replacement, he knew but went anyway.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

f321ffc

Maybe Khan telling them it's a straight swap Kane for Palhinha or go whistle put an end to it🤣
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

YankeeJim

I've never been on a forum that had so many experts with inside knowledge. Tony said at the start of the window that Palhinha wasn't for sale. Than someone on here comes up with a $100 mil figure and soon it became fact. I'd really would like to know the truth but alas, none of us ever will.
If Bayern really wanted him why wait until the last day or two of the window? Did another deal fall through? Or, did they read these threads? LOL
Be thankful he is staying. I was far more concerned about him leaving than Mitro. We have some decent wingers and maybe even a decent forward. Either way, 9th place for the fightin Fulhamites!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Old Count

The only number Tony has done is a number two and that's what the anticipation and strategic planning for this transfer window has been: a big number two.

alfie

People moan about not signing players, then moan when they do sign someone. It doesn't matter who we sign they won't be good enough. Silva has said they are not just going to sign players unless they benefit the club, and let's face it we are not a club that will attract top players.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't