watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony did a number on Bayern?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 01, 2023, 05:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

As some on here said - maybe we were just pretending to look for a Joao replacement all along

LRCN

Of course not, he was obviously too busy planning AEW's next stadium event to respond to Bayern's faxes

SP

Would be interesting to learn when the firm Bayern interest started?

Whitestone

Did he ? It would have been more sensible if the club had said no to Bayern right from the start. Being realistic we had little or no chance of getting a suitable replacement with less than 48 hours notice.

Kemosabe

Quote from: Whitestone on September 01, 2023, 05:36:45 PMDid he ? It would have been more sensible if the club had said no to Bayern right from the start. Being realistic we had little or no chance of getting a suitable replacement with less than 48 hours notice.

That's one way of looking at it.  Another perspective would be to say that we were entirely clear that we had to sign an acceptable replacement but that we would otherwise facilitate the process (e.g. letting Joao go to Munich for his medical).  There was plenty of coverage of our efforts to sign a replacement (e.g. Hojbjerg) but getting knocked back.  Plenty of scope to use this as the basis for rebuilding bridges with a disappointed player.

South Coast White

Quote from: Whitestone on September 01, 2023, 05:36:45 PMDid he ? It would have been more sensible if the club had said no to Bayern right from the start. Being realistic we had little or no chance of getting a suitable replacement with less than 48 hours notice.
Totaly agree with this,this whole saga could have realy upset JP, will be interested to see how he deals,with this.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

All the talk about the Khan's selling Paulinho and wanting to sell the club, seem to have been exaggerated and total BS.
Egg on lots of faces as Tony seems to have won that battle and again
proved to us, that they are in this club for a long period.
Apologies from some on here.
Back to loving the Khans chaps ?
My only disappointment now is the ticket prices for the lengthy supporters who are being squeezed out.
That's sad
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

KJS

Apparently Bayern didn't offer enough money to meet the clubs valuation

sunburywhite

If Joao flew to Munich and has presumably come back does he get two lots of duty free?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Southcoastffc

More importantly, at least between now and January will we have an unhappy player on our hands? I'll certainly and loudly join in choruses of "We love you Joao, we do......etc"
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

General

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on September 01, 2023, 05:40:34 PMAll the talk about the Khan's selling Paulinho and wanting to sell the club, seem to have been exaggerated and total BS.
My only disappointment now is the ticket prices for the lengthy supporters who are being squeezed out.
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

How do you figure that, the player has videos of him today walking around the Bayern Munich training ground and having had two medicals.

That's not winning a battle, that's screwing up majorly on a number of fronts and having a lack of basic fundamentals of how to operate and do a deal.. its detached.

All day the press have been saying we've been putting in bids by CM/DMs only to be rejected time and again because they don't want to come to us..

There are no positive spins to this.

The only saving grace is if palhinha comes back and plays for us without a dip in his enthusiasm or form.

We still needed 5 players with no outgoings including a main striker.

Iwobi and maybe the ajax LB are two.. that's three short at least.

Meanwhile players we could've paid £8m for went to sign for rivals because we dragged our feet to long.

Ineptitude frustrates me so much.

Sting of the North

So, stating that we only sell if we find a replacement and then sticking to that is total failure and a screw up? Still bending over backwards to put a negative spin on every single detail I see.

I Ronic

Bayern didn't value him enough not only financially but early enough in the transfer window to negotiate a deal.
   No doubt Joao will be disappointed but surely not with the Club.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: General on September 01, 2023, 05:48:50 PM
Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on September 01, 2023, 05:40:34 PMAll the talk about the Khan's selling Paulinho and wanting to sell the club, seem to have been exaggerated and total BS.
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

How do you figure that, the player has videos of him today walking around the Bayern Munich training ground and having had two medicals.

That's not winning a battle, that's screwing up majorly on a number of fronts and having a lack of basic fundamentals of how to operate and do a deal.. its detached.

All day the press have been saying we've been putting in bids by CM/DMs only to be rejected time and again because they don't want to come to us..

The only saving grace is if palhinha comes back and plays for us without a dip in his enthusiasm or form.

Meanwhile players we could've paid £8m for went to sign for rivals because we dragged our feet to long.

Agreed.  Very strange post from RogerP
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

LRCN

That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

I mean, you see what you want to see, don't you.

You either see a club hold firm on their conditions in the face of player and buying club pressure.
or
You see a club who tentatively agreed to a deal and failed to meet conditions to deliver that deal.

Irregardless the facts are our most important asset remains with us for the time being having turned down the best part of £100m. Some of today's narratives are objectively in the bin, and I hope some people reflect on their hysteria.

Deuce

I think it sounds a bit far fetched. What exactly would we have done if one of the players we approach would in fact wanted to join us? Offered him 10 k a week or something?

According to Romano,we were in late for Mctominay. So no I dont think TK deliberately did this to misguide Bayern and Palhinha

hovewhite

I'm just waiting for the handful of signings now that the main man is still here.Tk anounce Iwobbi from Everton.

General

Quote from: LRCN on September 01, 2023, 05:55:38 PM
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

I mean, you see what you want to see, don't you.

You either see a club hold firm on their conditions in the face of player and buying club pressure.
or
You see a club who tentatively agreed to a deal and failed to meet conditions to deliver that deal.

Irregardless the facts are our most important asset remains with us for the time being having turned down the best part of £100m. Some of today's narratives are objectively in the bin, and I hope some people reflect on their hysteria.

Talk about facts and then a £100m fee (best part of), when the most that was quoted was a casual £40m below that at £60m.

If a club holds firm then they put in contingencies, they don't let the player fly without having backups lined up that have shown an interest because there's no benefit to the club having a player fly to another country and club and go through all the processes and get nowhere with it.

The narratives don't go in the bin, they exist and are valid. Palhinha was at Bayern training ground, on a deal that was given the potential go ahead last minute, without adequate replacements lined up, causing a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the fan base and for what?

That narrative is factual.. you can't dismiss it because it's uncomfortable. There's video evidence of palhinha at Bayern on deadline day, having last played for us on the weekend.. with our owners son celebrating his mother's birthday with a picture of him being chummy with palhinha.

Some people really want to keep their heads in the clouds.

If I'm to acknowledge it didn't go through and we didn't sell him because we didn't get a good replacement, then at least have the decency to acknowledge that it was a farce and we tried everything to try to, including approaching players who didn't seem to want to come and were inadequate back up to the player leaving and was poorly made decision strategically to do so.

How poor a decision will rest on the next 5 hours and how many faces do come through the door, how good they are and how our season between now and January at the least goes.

Sting of the North

You have completely failed to explain why this was a farce from FFC's end General. You just repeat yourself over and over. I guess we see what we want to see.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 01, 2023, 05:55:12 PM
That's sad

Selling palhinha was BS?

Agreed.  Very strange post from RogerP

Very Very Odd
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.